SSD

Holy shit guys, I finally got an SSD and it's so much fucking better than that shitty 5400 RPM HDD that I had, I can't believe I didn't do this sooner.

pic related, it's the one i got

Other urls found in this thread:

nl.hardware.info/reviews/4177/10/hardwareinfo-test-levensduur-samsung-ssd-840-250gb-tlc-ssd-eind-update-20-6-2013-update-9-eindconclusie-20-6-2013
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>falling for the SSD meme

Wow you actually listened to the guy saying SSD are meme?

why is it a meme lol

>10000 won have been deposited into your Samsung account, thank you Park Jeung for your continued business

i'm not shilling, just sharing my experience

good goy, i won't be able to sell my hard drive disk if I don't tell you that SSD are meme

5400 rpm? why not 7200? Definitely SSD for primary drive and big ass HDD for externals and slaves.

well it's a laptop so i can only have the SSD in it for now

sure, you can still get an external, but USB bottleneck is a bitch. Good for huge vid/music libraries though

Jealous poorfags who try to justify their outdated technology. Ssds only disadvantage is their price.

well the position my laptop is in 90% of the time, having an HDD connected to it through USB wouldn't be very comfortable. also since the space isn't very much, i'm just going to use it for a bit a music and osu

this is really all i need for now. the other one was 750GB but i can get used to this

SSD are still too small and expensive. I like to install a ton of games and I'm not going to cry if it take windows a few more seconds to come on. Such a waste of money.

You're a fucking moron, the difference is massive, games load much much faster, the entire system is snappier , there is no reason not to have one and then just have a hdd too for bulk storage

You don't use it in your lap right? That makes you sterile.

>implying SSDs are for your games
Fuck off kid.

no, i have it on my chest while i'm laying in bed, it's comfy this way

inb4 OP gets lung cancer and dies before thread is archived

): if i sit too long it starts to hurt my back

get a 512 GB SSD and you can install OS, Applications and games. My OS and apps use around 80GB and rest is for the games. You can easily install 8 new AAA titles on a 512 GB SSD.

> Windows

there's nothing wrong with it

>512gigs
>ssd
What is that like $300?

>100gb ssd
>secondary hdd
$80

>samsung
Stay keked

there are some things wrong with it
Should we derail the thread?

well every OS has its problems

Not contikiOS

>300$
What? They're not that expensive, you can probably find EVOs of that size for half that much

>100gb ssd
Those are almost always like 2/3 the price of some 250 GB. Its stupid to use a 100 GB one for the OS only. Get at least 250 and actually install programs on it

Holy fuck they really shot down in price that fast? It's only been like 2 years since I bought mine.
Yeah I guess you win.

You can find 512 GB SSDs on sale for around $100 or less once a month. They're not top of the line SSDs, but they get the job done.

I totally should have waited a few years. It was like 1:1 GB/$ ratio a few years ago

well done vivek, 200 ruppies have been deposited into your account

>200 ruppies
Your in-game currency doesn't translate to the real world.

Not shilling either. Put it off for years.

I bought 3x of that exact same drive. 512GB God damn. I have never lived.

1 - OS / Programs
2/3 - RAID1 - my filesystem.

If you use an HDD you're in the dark ages my friend

>not mentioning lifespan

What about it?
At this stage they should last longer than your average HDD. My SSD has a 10 year warranty on it, they're not going to slap that on there unless they're pretty sure the vast majority will last the warranty period.

On the other hand most HDD warranties are three years.

nl.hardware.info/reviews/4177/10/hardwareinfo-test-levensduur-samsung-ssd-840-250gb-tlc-ssd-eind-update-20-6-2013-update-9-eindconclusie-20-6-2013
This is an article from 3 years ago, where they tested SSD lifespan by continuously writing data to it. It took them 2.5 months/764Tb of data before the first checksum error. Thats more than 200 year if you write 10Gb per day.
Mind you, this test used Samsung SSDs with TLC memory, which is supposed to have lower lifespan than MLC chips

ok

>What is that like $300?
$300 can get you 1TB