I can't find out what came goes here other than it being rgb of some sort

I can't find out what came goes here other than it being rgb of some sort

Other urls found in this thread:

labguysworld.com/Connectors.htm
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

*cable

It's 10 $ wondering if it's worth getting .

Go for it, even if it is nothing, it's aesthetic.

I bought it . I'm going to attempt to make it look nice again

Open it up, will probably help figure out the pins, if you can't find any pinout online.

It's a Japanese connector. EIAJ-E8M.

Also this was allegedly targeted for use with the Commodore 128.

IT WORKS

I haven't tested rgb but the video/audio in works perfectly .

I missed the look and the buzz of a crt.
plus i cleaned

thank you friend

Can confirm, I have a TV just like this (but mine is black and silver) sitting in my closet with my C128 and 1571 disk drive. I also have the cable that plugs into the port in OP's pic, it was for the 128's RGB 80-column output.

LXI was Sears' house brand for electronics.

I know it as a VTR jack. A lot of broadcast equipment from the 70s into the 90s had them.

any idea how i can find the pinouts ?
i might try to rewire them to something more usable. especially if the red green and blue signals are isolated on seperate wires

no idea on the pinout, but it will be CGA compatible.

If I was designing it I'd make the left most pins ground, and the next ones R, G, B. Perhaps it's twisted pair for noise cancelation? so like

GND R G B
GND R-inv G-inv B-inv

where -inv means the inverted signal for a line, if it has a fixed column width then it wouldnt need much else, maybe one of the gnd lines is a clock pulse?

i must do more research .
thanks for help

i found this too

labguysworld.com/Connectors.htm

EIAJ 8-pin connector

Thanks user

It may pay to spray the circuitry with some sort of protective layer. Given it's age the oxide layer may chip off it's chip connectors once heated from use.

What kinda protective stuff would you suggest? It was manufactured in 86 and I opened it to find the old fashioned brown circuit board with thru holes and big heatsinks . It was a little dusty but it looked pretty well preserved .

Whatever you can get your hands on really. I'd say look for an oil? based type(Not sure on that going off a memory from 10 years ago after handling an old board). to keep the aesthetics going.

I can't imagine it being common stuff in a commercial market. But if you do find a spar for chipsets chances are it's better than what was used back then.