Stupid Question Thread

Couldn't see it, so posting here.

Can't seem to get my bluetooth working on my MacBook Retina. Reset my SMC already.

Thanks!

Other urls found in this thread:

stackoverflow.com/questions/1993390/static-linking-vs-dynamic-linking
igeeksblog.com/fix-bluetooth-not-available-error-mac/
ultimatebootcd.com/
chillblast.com/
turntablelab.com/pages/beginners-guide-to-turntables
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Some extra info.

Are x86 processors the biggest botnet of them all? I read into it and at the very basic level they seem to all be the main point that your entire system can be compromised by Intel/AMD and their fed handlers from.

I think at this point it's probably better to use ARM devices. You can think you're safe with linux and a bunch of encryption but all that is moot when your CPU is compromised.

>Mac
Found your problem.

Don't I know it.

Gonna buy a 55" 4K TV for 500 usd, there´s another LG tv that has both HDR Pro and Dolb but at 1K, my question is ¿Worth the increment of the price tag? Really I´m just gonna use it for console gaymen and anime

Mastercase 5 or Phantex Enthoo Evolv?

What's the difference between buying a NAS and just buying an external USB HDD and connecting it straight to my router?

Best android emulator?

Looks like you don't have bluetooth or bluetooth support/drivers

2 questions:

1.) How do I make use of these labels? I can't find anything in the settings for appchanx

2.) Does the Education version of Win10 last forever or have any sever drawbacks in comparison to other versions? I can't believe I can get what's basically "Enterprise 2" for free so easily through my uni.

All CPUs are compromised, you can never be safe, just use what suits your needs best. That means ARM, i386, amd64, Itanium, etc

You can't use a HDD connected, you need a NAS. The USB is for firmware updates

Bluestacks is what I use, or you can make a VM. Generally easier to have a real device which is why I hardly use Bluestacks except when I need it

This thread gives me a bit of hope that Sup Forums is not completely dead

DD-WRT will let you use the port for Samba shares.

My router has two USB slots that can be used to connect USB storage as network drives.

> Guys how do I even begin getting into private trackers?
> how do I get recruited into other private trackers?
> I know a few sites only recruit every 4-6 months. Is there anyway to speed the process up after I get into what.cd?
> What is the bet tracker to download comicbooks and audiobooks and how do I get into it?

Thanks fa/g/gots.

>linux is moot

Brings me back

Mostly software I gather, I don't have a router that supports hdd mass storage but I know they exist.

If you've got a PC that stays on most of the time I think NAS are worthless though since you can just network share from the PC.

What helmet should I get so I can use my old fruit boots?

What do you all think would be better openbox route. antergos openbox or Xubuntu with xfce packages and just install openbox?

That's what I thought but I just checked and I'm up to date.

I had bluetooth like half a year ago.

try a dirver updater program. i dunno. i've never used a mac before

Shouldnt really matter, choose based on wether you like ubuntu/debian based or arch based.

Personally I'd use antergos cause I prefer arch. But really if you just want to fuck around on openbox it doesnt matter which distro you pick, they will all have it.

Why would anyone choose dynamically linked libraries over static ones?

How does MPD works for streaming music to Android? I see some people are using as an alternative to music streaming services (for own media)

Does anyone have sources for Win10 data mining? I hear about it a lot but haven't seen any reliable sources but I'm sure they're out there.

Programming noob here. I'm trying to set up Netbeans with Cygwin and GCC for C and C++, but when I try to run a simple "Hello World," I'm not quite sure what is going wrong.

Any help?

My PC has been acting up for a while now.

Whenever I make a full shutdown, next time I turn it back on it won't recognize the internet connection. It only happens when done from a full shutdown though, and it detects it fine after a reboot.
Also, there's the power button. If I hold it for a little, it boots up. If I hold it for longer, it does a loud beep, takes a while longer to boot but it detects the connection inmediately.

This didn't happen until a couple months ago. What the hell is happening?
I'd post speccy but I'm currently on mobile.

Will I regret getting the surface pro 4 over the macbook pro 13 inch for university? It's the same price and I always wanted an macbook but now that I was at the store and watched some videos the sp4 looks so much more practical in class

Probably not. Unless there are some Mac exclusive program that your class requires, Surface Pro 4 would be more usable.

Win10 naturally collects data with its built in telemetry system. There is no need for "sources" when the settings themselves tell you they collect data from you.

The measures people take on windows10 simply removes microsoft's ability to retrieve the data and disables the services themselves locally. Those have no bearing on the functionality of the Windows10, if you're worried about that.

stackoverflow.com/questions/1993390/static-linking-vs-dynamic-linking

tl;dr licensing issues and library upgrades

Is there a reasonably good program that does optical character recognition? pdf to word in other words.
Can you help me?

thread is still fine, why make a newe one?

how about you read the privacy statement on microsofts website

op is a retarded macfag new guy unable to use the search

whats a good alternative to raspberry pi 3

igeeksblog.com/fix-bluetooth-not-available-error-mac/

Got a problem with tinder clients on windows phone.
I installed timber yesterday, it didn't show any profile so I try another one: 6tin, this worked fine. I wanted to delete the Timber app, but I found "delete account" option and i pressed that. I thought i made a 2 account, so i need to delete one. I was wrong, because that was only one.
So today I've try to create new one, but when i get to verifying SMS the app display, error sending token. I try to add one digit in the and of my number - i saw that advice in internet - app shows error maximum tokens.

What to do now? I got to wait some time, or my phone number is now used and i need another one? Any suggestions?

Sorry for English, I'm not native speaker.

If you get a shit ton of blue screens, and you have no idea if it's your ram, mobo, psu etc even after testing everything, what do you do?

Test each part one at a time and look up the specific errors you get in the blue screens.

Are all of the programs in ultimate boot cd reliable for this?

ultimatebootcd.com/

UBCD is what I have been using this whole time. Perhaps I need to test the components for longer periods of time?

My mother is leaving at&t for metro pcs and she requested an unlock code from at&t; my question is should she remove the Sim while the unlocking process is going on or does it not matter?
I've heard they might deny the request if the phone is active
She's had the phone for about 3-4 years if that matters.

I want to go full tinfoil hat and set up a linux OS besides my windows 10. I think in the future everyone will be able to track other people down, to get information about where they are, what their calendar looks like and how to manipulate them etc, for the right amount of money.

So I figured I want to be a normie in win10, because wrong information is worse than no information. But on my other OS I want to be as secure as possible, with proxies, VPNs and all that jazz. Where do I start?

I bought a DVI-D 10m Dual Link cable.

I'm having problems with setting up resolutions, it's showing artifacts and it's not even showing up the native resolution. The thing only shows the bios correctly. I'm currently using Windows 10 but I also experienced problems with a live distro.

Anyone has any idea? I know the cable is mighty long but this shit ain't coming from some chinese store.

Put /sqt/ in the subject you fucking retard

GTX 980 Ti or GTX 1070?

I'm upgrading from an old GTX 670 and I want something that will last me a couple years before I need to upgrade again.

How do I do a fresh install of windows 7 if I'm downgrading from 10?

Do I connect my DAP with Amp with 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack cable?

>2.) Does the Education version of Win10 last forever or have any sever drawbacks in comparison to other versions? I can't believe I can get what's basically "Enterprise 2" for free so easily through my uni.
The license is unlimited but it has a big ugly fucking watermark on the desktop that you can't get rid off, but I already wasted my license from DreamSpark on it before realizing (thinking the same as you).

Just get the pro version you'll be better off

How do I make my SSD my boot drive lads?

Look, you will NEVER have a 100% secure computer, take that for the first thing you will want to learn.
Next step is, somehow, get a computer with Open Hardware, like Librem laptops which are 100% open. Do a research to see what are your options.

Select a correct OS. Linux is fine, but BSD might be better for the sake of security.

Get a nice firewall. Drop a PC with pfSense and learn how to configure it, it will make your network the most secure place in your house.

Always use a VPN, make sure they renew your IP everytime you connect to their servers and look for NO LOGS vpn services, you don't want to be tracked in any way possible.

If that's the only thing wrong, then that's fine. I've looked up the watermark issue and there appear to be solutions for it. I think I'll try my luck.

Thanks for the answer.

To mention, I already have my shit cloned to the SSD. I just need to set it as the boot drive so I can utilize it properly.

What's the best aftermarket 1070?

gtx 1070
it has better async compute support, and if devs actually start making games that use async you will actually benefit from it.

Which programming language should I learn first (just for hobbie)? Is it easier to learn other languages after learning another one?

>is it easier to learn...
One thousand times, yes.

Ruby is a nice language to start with if you're just learning for the hell of it. JavaScript is very useful for amateurs because it helps bring interactivity to HTML/CSS stuff that you may already know. Java is also a great place to start, it's what I learned first.

Codecademy has pretty good interactive tutorials. It's a little questionable how much you learn, since it's more fill-in-the-blank than code from scratch, but going through the Codecademy course for a language then trying to build a project of your own would probably be a nice way to learn.

Are there any gaming PC companies that are a reasonably good deal? I'm making good money and don't really mind paying a little extra for the convenience of not having to assemble it myself.

Is GeekBuying a good place to buy Chink shit? I was thinking about buying a phone from there but I'd rather not get scammed. Also, if it's legit, how long does shipping to the U.S usually take?

Why is it that when i use samdump after bkhive, i get
Error reading from /root/Desktop/system

Im trying to recover a windows admin password.

Stupid mpv question.
I want to bind 'screenshot' on the print button but PRINT or PRNT doesn't work.
What's the key called then?

Take it to /sqt/ rather than necroing m9.

How do I make a scrollbox larger on an existing webpage? I need to take a screenshot of a large scrollbox. Alternatively I could make the website itself think I have a long vertical resolution so that the scroll box just becomes larger to fit the screensize.

Any tips on how to do this?

Should I just buy some prebuilt Synology NAS or should I try building one myself? I've built PCs since I was a kid but never really got into anything with ports needing to be configured and stuff.

lightning struck my house few weeks back

anyway, tested the components and im down to its either motherboard or the processor thats fried, everything else works, even the power supply

now heres the stupid part

how do i test whats fried out of the 2

in the shithole i live stores dont even look at anything without a guarantee, and i dont have any friends with 1155 socket motherboard to test the processor (i5)

I want a laptop to fuck around with Linux, shitpost, watch movies and maybe play someretro emulators. I also want it to be cheap as hell, like +-100 euro or so. I thought about getting a secondhand older thinkpad, but I just can't find deals like in Burgenland over here.

Any other devices that could fit the bill? Maybe a secondhand Chromebook or something?

Define what you mean be making a scrollbox larger. Start with what the hell is a scrollbox.

I can probably tell you what you need to do (been building sites for 15 years), but I can't understand what you want.

Pic related is what I mean by a scrollbox. I want to take a screenshot of the entire scrollbox rather than having to scroll a bit and take a screenshot and then have to put together the entire scrollbox into one image with paint.net.

About to buy first build come mid august, getting a 1070.

Just learned about acreen tearing and what gsync is. Should I do 60hz with gsync or 144hz without? Not looking to break the bank on a monitor so 144hz with gsync is a bit too much this time around. Basically will a 1070 be able to handle 144hz fine? Won't be playing too many modern games.

Just change the css attribute height then.

What year model is it bro. Does the camera work too ?

Need help diagnosing a potential problem with my brother's PC. He said that he turned it off through Windows, flipped the PSU power switch on the back, then waited a few minutes. He went to turn it back on, but it didn't.

I opened it up, and it seems like power is getting to the motherboard because some LEDs are lighting up so I think that's okay. I replaced the PSU just a few months ago, and it's 80 Plus Platinum. Could it really have gone bad? The last issue I can think of is the CPU, but I have no real way of checking that.

Any suggestions?

I think suicide is better fit for you than those two

Thinking of getting Nord VPN as I need a russian proxy.

Besides torrents what else can I do with a vpn?

My explorer frame is fucked up on Windows 10. Windows takes forever to read any of my disk drives and it and locks up when I view 'my computer'. I did a system refresh, but it didn't help.

Try pulling the battery out to reset the bios

How big of a performance hit will I see if I run my 3D Applications through a VM on AMD hardware?

Is anyone else having trouble posting from the in-line extension? I can only seem to post by using the form at the top of the page. I get a connection error otherwise.

I'm looking for a 5.25" fan controller with a temperature display and which isn't hideous blue LED-covered ricer garbage. I have a green Corsair C70, and know I'm not going to be able to match the color, but I'd like to at least have something that sticks with the utilitarian/military aesthetic and doesn't look like part of a Gundam.

Any suggestions, or is this a lost cause?

(I know there are decent-looking ones without displays, but temperature monitoring is actually the main reason I want one of these things. I'm running a moderately aggressive OC and want to be able to keep an eye on my temps while fullscreen gaming.)

Do I need a mobo capable of OC if I buy an aib rx480?

is it a really bad idea to enable Authentication Logs in protonmail?

Shadowplay's recorded videos come out sounding way more quiet than in-game. I've tried playback on both mpc and windows media player. Any ideas? Loudness equalization makes no difference.

I have never purchased one before nor do I know what I'm getting into or anything about them, although I plan to do some research

I want to buy a record player, something modern and start collecting vinyls so I have something cool to play in my room/house, any suggestions?

pic related is the album that made me want to buy one

Might be better off asking mu

alright thanks

Lp120

Well, start looking for drivers, if that doesn't work, then back up your data and reinstall the OS, just look up a video on YouTube.

thanks user ill look into it

Also make sure you get a decent cartrage so you don't fuck your vinyls

Real thread's over here

like what? I'm really a noob here, also do you have any speaker suggestions

For the tinfoils; is there any way to thwart the google botnet withoout going full-Tor (and even if)? For example, a lot of people say that ReCaptcha helps de-anonymise Sup Forums posters.

Asking out of curiosity, more than necessity. I'm sure there's at least one script out there to scramble cookies or something

Try chillblast.com/

Read this
>turntablelab.com/pages/beginners-guide-to-turntables
Ask Sup Forums

Shitposting on Sup Forums and watching regionally blocked videos on YouTube.

thanks guys, have a butt user

>”Play Like Mikhail Botvinnik” training course
a chess program (PeshkaSetup.exe) is giving me problems after installing.
help