Buying a macbook

I'm buying a MacBook for the first time what should I know? Should I choose Air or Pro? And the reason I want to give Apple a try is my whole life I've used Windows and want to try it just to see what it's about.

Pro retina 8/256

You're on the wrong fucking site or you're just a baiting shitposter. Either way, fuck off.

thinkpad m8,

Learn how to use a fucking comma

t. wincuck

I never said Windows sucked so don't get your panties in a bunch I like Windows it's on my gaming desktop but I need a laptop.

What are you planning to use it for? Just taking notes or facebook machine? Go Air. If you have plans on making something like audio mixing, video encoding or coding, go pro. Best config is 8GB/256GB Flash

Also, don't listen to anons trying to convince you of buying something cheaper like Asus or Lenovo. Just get a Macbook.

>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel themselves has admitted it's utter shit now and has trashed the design to go back to copying 90's era laptops with solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>ultra shit tier zero travel chiclet keyboard
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats at the slightest task because abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz because of chronic overheating problems
>retina meme supposedly for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating makes it impossible to use anywhere outside or with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air is even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

I want it for writing, photo editing, music and maybe try out some of the exclusive games Apple has to offer. Based on what you said I should go pro.

WHAT? a macbook? are you a homosexual?

BUY THINKPAD THINKPAD THINKPAD GNETOO

Plain: worse than celeron piece of shit with the worst keyboard in the history of computing

Air: same 1366x768 TN piece of shit you find on $200 craptops, and it's glossy on top of that

Pro: if you try to use the high end hardware they cram into it, it catches fire

They're all utter shit, and only a moron would buy any of them.

>photo editing

yeah, definitely go Pro Retina. Extra resolution is fucking nice for that.

Windows isn't perfect either. I'd like access to the best of both worlds. I don't understand the mindset of "if you like Windows you have to hate apple" or visa versa. Like I said my desktop is Windows. I'm big on PC gaming and there apps just want to check out Apple.

>photoediting
>on a joke tier piece of shit applel screen

Make sure to buy a DVD drive so you can install gentoo on it

OSX is like a little kid's gentoo

If MacBook is gay how come all these hot chicks have them everywhere I go? A non Apple product probably makes them think I'm poor so by getting a Mac and carrying it around I'm bound to get allot more of rich Asian and blonde pussy.

>applel is only $1% better than average
>charges 3X average prices

lmao

yeah if you don't like apple screen you can gtfo, nobody cares. user wants to try apple, if he decides later if its shit or not its on his hands, not yours.

Actually what is gay is watching sweaty men tackle each other in the sport of NFL and college football. I don't do that but you probably do.

>apple actually markets this trash for "pro" work

Christ.

Thank you! This board at least has 2 sensible people on it which is more you can say for Reddit.

sure, no probs.

yeah if you like apple screen you can gtfo, nobody cares.

>appletard gets BTFO with objective fact
>b-b-b-but who cares if it's utter shit at the task op plans to use the laptop for?!?!! IT HAS APEL LOGO OMG! U DONT GET IT!!!11 UGH!!!

ok kid

Id say get a pro cus you're better off with a surface than an air imo

Considering how low $200 craptops must drag down the average, Mac screens being only a sliver above average is fucking pathetic.

You know you must really think it's an original idea to bash Apple products on Sup Forums to give you cred amongst Windows fanboys dontcha?

WHERE IS THE NUMPAD?

>objetive facts that nobody asked for

ok senpai

I WISH this were true

user, sloots only put up with technology because they have to, not because gadgets interest them

I'm actually a girl but nice try!

>btw im a grill xDDDDD

Right here, Bro. :)

>I'm buying a MacBook for the first time what should I know?
They're shit.

Sent ;)

This is Sup Forums not Harvard douche

But it's made in America not China

lol here comes the dankness

>iHome

i want to buy the new xiaomi laptop and install os x on it

>implying windows is the only alternative to fagOS

Macbooks are a terrible buy right now. They're still running haswell and they cost upwards of 2000 dollars if you get a decent sized hard drive.Wait for the new ones at least.

That would be hilarious, even better with an Apple sticker on the back

anything else is garbage. linux a shit.

if the air had a high res display i would buy one to go alongside my 2011 15"

i have a windows pc and I want to get an apple mac book too.

MacBook Air 13'' is the best laptop purchase I've done. It's a really durable, portable, long-lasting machine, great colors, great battery, amazing OS (objectively better than Windows and Linux) and amazing build quality. Only thing that could be better is screen resolution but it doesn't affect me.

i dont know if i want the pro or the air.

Linux sucks for gaming or any kind of entertainment it's only good if you want to watch and buy illegal crap on the darknet

>low resolution passively cooled gimped i series
Literally every chinkshit high resolution laptop is better. Steve Jobs died and Apple hasn't released anything worth buying since.

That's homophobia against Tim Cook your racist!

Just do it mane

But there is one thing you should know: Most people that use Macs never go back

I was in the same shoes as you a month ago, OP
Get the Macbook Pro
It's pretty fucking comfy, you're going to like it - you may start to hate using Windows

This article doesn't exist

This.

Just bought a 2015 MacBook Pro 13 Retina.

I've had 10+ laptops over the years, and this one is the damn best.

>Screen is GOD tier.
>Battery life is GOD tier.
>3D performance is a shit, but whatever it's a laptop.
>OS X isn't that bad with mods/3rd party enhancements.

Ok cool! Thank you!