How is Sup Forums liking the new 4.7 Linux Kernel?

How is Sup Forums liking the new 4.7 Linux Kernel?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=what's new in linux 4.7
downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=microcode
bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/ source/xorg/ bug/1577074
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw still on 4.6.3
Waiting for the new kernel to get through the testing repo on Debian

>How is Sup Forums liking the new 4.7 Linux Kernel?
post changelog plz

>still no thunderbolt 3 support

>2.6.32-042stab113.17
Who cares?

That pic
I don't understand

Hey, just realized that modern kernel and modern gcc versions are almost the same now.

>Win10
>terminal
What is this voodoo

New worst anime of all time. Elfen Lied has been usurped.

>what is ssh

Idiots

>Sup Forums - Technology

Right now I'm still on 4.6.4. Fedora 24 here.

What is it? Is it when you use a web browser called ssh?

Just werks for me.

# rm -rf /usr/src/linux/.git

RM -rf /bin

What's that supposed to do?

Try it out

3.4.104 here
going strong

????

he's fucking retarded I don't even have that directory on 3 diffeent machines, debian, mint, gentoo

>uname -r
>4.6.4-2-default
Dunno yet. Probably soon.

It still sucks if you have a Skylake

how so?

lmgtfy.com/?q=what's new in linux 4.7

Can't use it with the nvidia drivers, some DKMS error when I try to install it.
Works fine on my laptop.

I'll tell you after my next reboot...

>added a bunch of drivers
>

4.4.6 was the first one to even boot and there are still many additional problems (e.g. power management).

broke my ubuntu, had to install arch and keep using 4.4 until shit gets fixed

>Windows 10
>Tokyo Ghoul
kys pls

>rx 480
>driver support with kernel 4.7
>no X11
>meanwhile the main man himself TPowa, arch kernel maintainer, can't stop fapping to anime to fucking update the kernel
>decides that "i must release all the 4.6 dot releases first!!!!
fuck me

DX does not work on Linux.........

>DX
what are you talking about? If you mean the RX 480, the AMDGPU support is arriving in the 4.7 kernel.

Just compile the from the GitHub repo and git checkout v4.7 and make a .deb

With make-kpkg

I'm not sure if this will solve any of your problems, but the latest 2 intel microcode updates have fixes for my desktop skylake processor.

downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=microcode

Not the GitHub but their git repo haha

I saw x11 and 480 and thought it was another retard talking about gpus and DX 11

Using DuckDuckGo, but having Facebook.

Do you expect Sup Forums morons to make out the difference between git and GitHub?

aha sorry

Well I thought I was on Sup Forums but then I posted like a Sup Forums. Oh well it's the morning someone will notice the difference senpai

No prob

Elfen Lied was awesome when I watched it the first time and I was literally 12.

Now that I'm 22... I still like it for the violence and tits. The story is pretty meh. Something about rape and a foster home or some emotional garbage.

Apparently it's a sin to admit that you like anime when you're the developer on a popular distro.

STILL NO FUCKING SUPPORT FOR MY AMD CARRIZO APU ON MY HP LAPTOP

SCREEN KEEPS GOING FUCKING BLACK AND CTRL+ALT+F1 DOESN'T EVEN BRING UP THE TERMINAL FUUUUUUUUUCK

NOW I HAVE TO USE WINDOWS FUCKING 10 UNTIL MY CARD ACTUALLY GETS SOME SUPPORT I FUCKING HATE WINDOWS 10 I FUCKING HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT IF I LIKED IT I WOULDNT BE INSTALLING LINUX IN THE FIRST PLACE FUUUUUUCK

>he doesn't boot up to tty
Lol

yes I did that too. It will go black and not display shit, unless I boot into low graphics mode. And I'm unable to get start X in low graphics mode, because the amdgpu driver requires KMS.

So the only way to get a graphical environment is to just install the Vesa driver and deal with the shitty graphics.

What distro

Arch, Ubuntu 14.04, 15.10, 16.04, Debian, and Fedora. Seems to be a problem with every distro.

Just boot with no graphical environment and install the old kernel if on arck it should be in pacman cashe folder

What would be the point of that? The problem is Carrizo has no support yet. How would an older kernel change that?

I am using a Carrizo apu and it works. It is carrizo L tho

Install one that supports it then .....

>tfw still on 3.16

Just use Modesetting luke.

>He's not using no script

Only Windowa supports it at this time lol no Linux kernel has support for Carrizo. At this point it's really the fault of the folks behind the amdgpu driver on Linux though, I guess.

Then use the open source driver or get a a10 7980 ore something

amdgpu is the opensource driver and I can't change out the hardware in a laptop.

Windows will work until this gets more support. Looks like a lot of people are having this issue:

bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/ source/xorg/ bug/1577074

Well you are fucked

Personally for playing games I have A win 7 HDD with no updates because I never open up ff and just have drivers and something to watch my Japanese cartoons

>tfw not a qt3.14 kernel
Nice repeating digits...

>running Debian stale on bare metal
That abomination belongs on VMs running on some hosting companies servers.

how is antergos working for you , what did you have before it , arch ??

is it more stable ??

Not doing all that... I don't even know how to do most of what you said.

So I went to kernel.org and downloaded the latest stable 4.7, but how do i compile and install it?

Is eating ass gros

Use normal arch you fucking normie

Not everyone wants to read tons of documentation and spend hours having to manually set everything up.

Evan is using windows 10, and he is looking at somebody elses desktop.

>he
It's pronounced "Ee vawn"