The best distribution of Linux. Prove me wrong

The best distribution of Linux. Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

xubuntu.org/
lubuntu.net/
ubuntu-mate.org/
kubuntu.org/
ubuntu.com/download/desktop
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wouldnt

Retard

>Calls the faggot OP retard
>Posts a pic showing he is a retard himself

There is no "best" Linux distribution. It all comes down to personal preference.

Windows 10 + WSL

>The best distribution of Linux. Prove me wrong.

the burden of proof rests on the accuser

op = btfo

Ubuntu = Arch > Debian

Gentoo > *

Arch > Debian > Ubuntu

1. There's no reason to use debian when there's ubuntu. Debian is irrelevant these days
2. Arch >= Ubuntu

thats my favurite linux

Ok pajeet. Go take your English classes now.

Ubuntu 16.04 is shit with their partnership between Canonical and Amazon.
Your PC may doesn't work when you upgrading your kernel and kernels piles up when you're updating with the updates tool.
Debian has not these faults , and no trackers as Amazon on Ubuntu.
With Archlinux, you can easily rollback your machine when an update fails.

Kernel updates on Ubuntu just fucking works you giant aspie. Also, what "partnership" with Amazon? Are you talking about the unity shopping lens thing? Just don't use Unity for fuck's sake, how new are you to Linux if you haven't figured out that you can install whatever DE or WM you like?

This thread again.

Lol, Arch==debian > ubuntu..

Totally agree.

I use Debian stable on all my servers, and Arch on my everyday use computers.

I'm very happy with this setup.

>D&C thread again

It's GNU+Linux, Micro$oft shill faggot.

Name one thing Ubuntu cannot do but debian can

But you are right, anything else is trash.

libre by default

Bully neckbeard devs until they quit the project because of misguided feminism

doesn't crash every 5 minutes?

Debian crashes at each boot and I am talking about Debian Stable

>how new are you to Linux if you haven't figured out that you can install whatever DE or WM you like?
I can ask that question to you. Ubuntu by default is given with this DE Unity. Try to change your DE without crate issues-files in your home folder. Newbies in Ubuntu don't know Xubuntu, Lubuntu, Ubuntu Mate, and certainly not user configurations files.
>Kernel updates on Ubuntu just fucking works you giant aspie.
That's not I see in forums.

>Ubuntu by default is given with this DE Unity.
Except that's wrong, because Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Lubuntu and even fucking Ubuntu Mate exists and are all "official" distros.

>Try to change your DE without crate issues-files in your home folder.
I have both gnome and xfce installed simultaneously, you're a fucking newfag if you can't handle it.

>Newbies in Ubuntu don't know Xubuntu, Lubuntu, Ubuntu Mate, and certainly not user configurations files.
Of course they do, it's fucking linked from the official site!

>That's not I see in forums.
You're on a forum now, and broken kernel updates (as in kernel updates that break your kernel drivers) haven't been an issue for me since fucking 2006

You're new to Linux, just shut the fuck up and RTFM.

Not him, but ubuntu desktop default is Unity which uses MIR

>default
xubuntu.org/
lubuntu.net/
ubuntu-mate.org/
kubuntu.org/

They're all official Ubuntus, so fuck off and play in traffic please.

What the fuck, newbabby?
Lurk 3 more years before even thinking of posting here like a mouthbreathing fucktard

ubuntu.com/download/desktop

>Except that's wrong, because Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Lubuntu and even fucking Ubuntu Mate exists and are all "official" distros.
When a newbie want Ubuntu, he doesn't want other *buntu if he don't know issues.
> have both gnome and xfce installed simultaneously.
Both Gnome and XFCE are using GTK bro. Try install KDE and wipe your home folder , *LOL*.

>You're on a forum now, and broken kernel updates (as in kernel updates that break your kernel drivers) haven't been an issue for me since fucking 2006
Because you're using a good hardware. Do you use a wireless network, an AMD graphic card or hybrid AMD/ATI ? Try to intall a still maintened-version 14.04 on a PC windows-like and let's laugh.

I'm using Debian 7 with KDE, but the KDE networkmanager is buggy as hell (in a version which is now "oldstalble") so I'm thinking about switching the DE.

But I ***am*** running 14.04 on a laptop with atheros wnic and an ATI graphic card you fucking mongoloid

Installation without GUI by default.

This tbqh

Okay,

Ubuntu :
Broadcom B4313 : bugs in 16.04, I have to wait an update with officials repositories
ATI card : 70°C with radeon kernel driver in 14.04 16.04, I have to wait an update with officials repositories to fix the problem.
--> Never see this problem with ARCH.

>ou fucking mongoloid
Okay, you're a smart person. So tell me if you think next issues are normal in Ubuntu
1/ Kernel pilling up and saturate /boot or / if you don't think to type apt autoremove --purge
2/ Broken packages.

You failed at installation?

>cant even install debian correctly

Nice packages updates lmao

>tfw sid
pleb

Fedora > everything else

wndows xubuntu antergos/arch whatever the fuck you want

>sid
>mpv still outdated for a few month
Epic

no it isn't lmao

Is there any reason to use anything other than manjaro?

What is the best DE? Only pro looking design need apply.

I like Debian but the kernel is a bit old.

Why do you want a newer kernel? What are you even missing? Debian's goal is to be stable and secure, not cutting edge.

No matter how much flak they get for having outdated packages, sjw devs or whatever the fuck someone finds out, debian is pretty fucking solid.

>inb4 archneets and autismoo users are butthurt at this.

This tbqh. Best distro.

* > ubuntu

Backports has 4.6

debian doesnt work

Nixos is superior.

>tfw no xscreensaver

Debian stable on servers
Debian testing on desktop

debian stable and some testing packages on my desktop ; I don't want to update so often

also debian minimal master race

dpkg

I want to use qemu and libvirt with PCI passthrough, but Debian's qemu and libvirt doesn't fully support my newer Haswell processor. The virtual machine is slow and does not perform as well as expected.

I have since switched to Ubuntu 16, and the newer qemu packages has allowed my virtual machines to run with near native performance.

Do you still use Virtualbox or is qemu something completely different? I want to play WoW on my PC but my AMD card doesn't work with it anymore on gnu/linux. Is it hard to get pcie pass through working?

>linux

>There's no reason to use debian when there's ubuntu.
Ubuntu will seriously fuck up with Snappy though, I would fucking bet.

Ubuntu minimal?

>packages consistently 1-2 years behind in updates from most other distros

disgusting

This. I can't even find a distribution that's on par with Gentoo and isn't another Gentoo fork or inspired by Gentoo.