Anyone /nogapps/ here? How to go about with apps that require play services? And what app store do you use?

Anyone /nogapps/ here? How to go about with apps that require play services? And what app store do you use?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/nvllsvm/freecyngn
github.com/unaszplodrmann/81-xposed_framework.sh/blob/master/81-xposed_framework.sh
onyxbits.de/raccoon)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Google Play Store.

Stop being a faggot and just install it.

Fuck off, Google shill

if u buy a smartphone means u are social so if ur social means u have a facebook if u have a facebook u need whatsapp if u wanna use whatsapp u need playstore and to use playstore u need gapps

Me neither, I have no gapps on my phone. I use my phone mostly for web browsing and text so the app on FDroid are enough. I

f you want to do more, and still without gapps, good luck : it seems that the Android ecosystem is becoming a walled garden centered around Google. Resistance is futile, all will be assimilated.

what about u fuck off?

I need GApps for CF.Lumen. Sad, but I need my eyes.

This gentleman is right. Android cant work properly without gapps. If you do not want use google services just block them with firewall.

lies

>anyone autistic tinfoil here cripling their phone
no

Wrong. You can use microG if an app needs google services, it's a FOSS alternative.

I have CM13 without GApps or microG and it works perfectly fine. Take a minute to stop sucking googles cock and you'll see that you can live without them.

I don't use GApps anymore. Deleted anything Google related to free up ram on my shitty Lg phone. I use F-Droid and Aptoide

just get an iphone

What do you do that requires something from the Play Store? I can do everything I need with apps from F-Droid.
>Pokemon go
fuck off
Use the APK downloader (unless it requires Play Services)
Works on my machineTM

This, GApps has a noticeable effect on system memory and also battery life

tried it for about 2 months when the snowden stuff happened (everything forgot about in a hurry, right?), honestly it was so shit I just went crying back to botnet

literally too fucking broken to use, at least it was when I tried

there are just too many apps/web-services like gmail etc that I rely on to make life easier to make it worth it

maybe one day when I don't need to use all that shit

I'm considering replacing my android with a simple dumbphone because more and more gappps is being integrated into android. Eventually every app and feature will require gapps if you want any security updates.

is microG stable yet?

can i use microG and phonesky.apk to download free apps from the play store?

Blackmart gives access to Play Store apps, as well as the ability to download pirated paid apps

Not him, but yeah, that works perfectly - I've personally done that in the past, but now I've switched to Blankstore, which is open source.

How do you gappless guys get maps?

github.com/nvllsvm/freecyngn

Install this, lads.

osmand+
gmaps are better for public transportation though

OSMand~, HERE Maps, or even Google Maps if you're used to them - if you use microG you're only gonna get a tiny message saying that you're running an outdated version of the Play Services, but it doesn't lose a bit of its' functionality.

Google is actually creepy as hell.

I look up a soundtrack to a movie on Deezer on my iPhone (a movie I haven't seen in forever, and haven't ever looked up on youtube), and the next fucking day a scene from the movie is there on youtube as "recommended for you".

How the fuck do these assholes know everything?

OSMAnd~ on F-Droid, uses OpenStreetMap, otherwise you can run maps.google.com in a browser

Installing OSMand~ now, thanks

profiling,you're being monitored

Maybe because you're doing everything while logged into a google account, retard

Really?

It just fucking dawned on me, Deezer is not even owned by Google, but somehow Google knows what I'm listening to on Deezer.

There's even an open source alternative to the Google Location Service - how awesome is that? You can use Mozilla's location database (it's not just for Americans! I'm from a tiny European country and it's still as accurate as Google's thing.)

It's not a fucking google account mate.

I don't even understand GLS.

As inaccurate as GPS is, I would imagine wireless connection would be even worse the vast majority of the time.

If people need me for business - or anything, they have my email or mobile number.

Wifi location uses less battery and works better inside

It's about 20 to 30 meters accurate here. It's not something to drive with, but it has is uses - such as for weather apps that update your location when you're moving, or even sharing your location in chat apps (if that's your thing).

I am using microG with the proprietary Google Play application installed, but I have disabled its' access to location, contacts and a couple of other privacy-infringing permissions.

What does that have to do with Gapps?

I use google mail.

so just install microG .zips and phonesky.apk?

Even if there weren't any alternatives, you realize that maps.google.com is a website right? Why would I need to install a Maps app?

You can use a free email client to connect to your Gmail account.

Sure but why would I do that? Ultimately the email is hosted at google servers.

Snapchat needs gapps for me

You'd do it if you didn't want Gapps on your phone. Y'know, the premise of this thread?

Email: Protonmail
Social Media: Only Twitter and Snapchat
Browser: Firefox, Icecat if they switch to chromium
Text Editor: Sublime 2, Coda for web-dev
Chat: Discord, or kiiwii IRC
2FA: Authy

There aren't any zips, user.

You get a custom rom - CM, AOSP, Paranoid Android, Omni, RR; whatever supports your device best (you can do it on your stock install, too, but you're gonna spend a lot of time what way), and install it just like that, without the gapps zip. Then you get F-Droid, add the microG repo, and install the apps.

Oh, and you're gonna need a patch for signature spoofing (Look up Needle-zip on GitHub or FakeGapps for xposed), so microG can act like it's the actual, real Google Services Framework and the Play Store to apps that require them.

English is my second language so please excuse me for my sentence structure reading like total crap.

>I am using microG with the proprietary Google Play application installed

does whatsapp work with that combo?

i'm on cm13 with pico gapps.zip installed, is there an easy way to switch to microG?

No idea, I use Viber myself..and it works. Just don't forget to enable GCM messaging within the microG app so you get your messages on time, as you're supposed to.

I'm not him but I use CM13 with microG. I guess it depends on how difficult it is to "un-flash" your Gapps. Just setting microg up is not that difficult.

fuck i'd do it right now if i didn't have a vacation coming up and needed my phone to work 100%

Get a root-capable file manager and delete every single Google app within /system/app and /system/priv-app/. There might be some leftover files doing it this way.

Do log out of your Google account before doing all this, though.

YouTube is owned by Google m8

What If I don't agree with the premise of the thread - I'm suddenly uninvited to it?

You don't agree that some people prefer not to have Gapps? That's simply incorrect.

i'll probably just wipe everything and start fresh when i have the time
>wipe
>flash cm13
>flash freecyngn
>flash xposed
>get FakeGApps xposed module
>add f-droid microG repos
>install microG and blankstore (or google phonesky)
>set up everything else

>And what app store do you use?
>Using a phone that requires you to to download it from a site.

Trying to imagine a computer that worked like this
You cant install or open programs from, floppy disk, pendrive, cd, dvd....
You can't also download from internet (with one exception) or transfer by network to someone else.
To use some program, the program must come with the os or must be installed by going to a specific website and download from it

Yeah, that's pretty much how I've set it up as well. You're probably gonna lose the Phonesky.apk that you've moved to priv-app and xposed's system files once you update, though.

There should be a script that should back up the framework files floating around the web, I'll look around for it.

As for the Phonesky thing...I really don't know if you can do that with a script. You can use oandbackup to restore it after each update (sorry!).

Updates work in such a way that the whole system gets wiped - your pico gapps remained through the updates because of a script which backed them up.

doesn't it still have the permission to add to itself permissions invalidating your settings?

Deezer isn't.

github.com/unaszplodrmann/81-xposed_framework.sh/blob/master/81-xposed_framework.sh

Found the xposed script. You move that to /system/addon.d and set the proper permissions (look at the other files within that folder, and make them the same for that script).

Oh.

Since you have the opengapps installed right now, you could look at the script within the addon.d folder. I don't know if it would work if you just copied it and used for your new install, but it might be worth a shot.

iPhone has no gapps bloatware shit

Doesn't microG have it's own version of phonesky?

dude, thank you
you're pretty much solving all my problems

It does. There are actually two you can pick from - FakeStore (which is an empty package that doesn't do anything) and BlankStore (a functional open-source Google Play client), but it's more or less abandoned - it gets updates that only make it usable for newer android versions. The design is that from the earlier Android Market, so it would look rather off if you're using a recent Android version. You can't view the comments nor view more of a said developer's apps - something which adds ease of use.

Nobody here on Sup Forums probably reads the comments section, anyway, but even I have to admit that they're sometimes useful, even though it's 90% of the time comments from third-world kids who speak bad english and indians advertising that god fucking damned champcash app.

I'm ESL, sorry if my weird english.

/nogapps/ represent.
The only app I ever used that requires Play Services was PayPal, I can live without that buggy piece of shit on my phone.

I have FDroid on my phone.
If I need apps from Play Store, I use a Telegram bot (@apkdl_bot) which lets you search and download APK files.
On my computer, I use Raccoon to download paid apps with a throw away account and then transfer the apps to my phone for installation.

Continuing on..

The reason that one would like to keep using the official Phonesky.apk would be downloading paid apps (something I think Blankstore couldn't do). You could always use Raccoon (onyxbits.de/raccoon) to do that, but it's somewhat of a hassle transferring apks from your computer each time you want to update)

The only disadvantage is that the official Play Store is proprietary, and you DO have to install it in the system partition, which basically gives it root access to your whole fucking phone.

Guys, do you have any idea how to register a google account without giving my phone number?

I apparently share the same mac address with at least 100 other people all over the world - there's a weird bug going on with all custom roms for my phone, and I'm being asked my number for security measures no matter which internet network I use.

I'm being asked for it on my computer as well..

WhatsApp does not require play services you fucktard. FB has a mobile website and owning a Smartphone means I like having a computer in my pocket not that I'm socially compatible.

You have to install freecyngn after CM13, without doing any restarts.

Some apps just nag but, but for the few that refuse to work there is an xposed module("this app will work without google services"). I don't use any, I just store all apks and download them from Russian pirate sites.
It won't work without services.
Couldn't be further from truth. In fact, it works better. You'll get next to zero wakelocks.

How are you using this site without using google? Not all gold accounts surely?

>nogapps
>without using google
Whooosh.

People here are talking about not using the Google APPS on their phones, nobody has said anything about their other services.

it does if u wanna sync contacts

>if u buy a smartphone means u are social
RIP sides.

>As inaccurate as GPS is, I would imagine wireless connection would be even worse the vast majority of the time.
It really helps to cut down GPS fix time
>You can use Mozilla's location database (it's not just for Americans! I'm from a tiny European country and it's still as accurate as Google's thing.)
It's incredible how much MLS has mapped despite the measly 10k downloads on the Play Store, it's cellular towers database is bigger than what OpenCellid ever was, and it's wifi database is among the biggest out there
You can use other backends along or instead of MLS, like the localgsmbackend and the wifi local backend, you don't have to rely on your network to get a location and the databases are pretty small

>no gapps fag
>uses china office and esBotNetexplorer

No, the geo location thingey needs GApps.

I don't use gapps not because of
>muh botnet
but rather to make setup more minimal and effective. I even disabled many other services and activities via android tools. This results in less than 5 minutes of background activity per DAY. And ES(and quickpic) are pre-botnet versions that I simply no longer update.

Have a (you) you sick faggot

Just use APKMIrror, Balckmart is riddled with fake, cracked Apps and malware. Chinese app stores and Blackmart are pretty much the only way you can get malware on Android.

The fuck does whatsapp even do?

Like Sup Forums but everyone is an attention whoring tripfag.

Micro-G my man. Use F-droid.

Google created Android. That being said, they also control how and where apps are installed. Now, with this in mind, ask youself this,"Would Google lock themselves out of harvesting your browser cache and bookmarks? Would they cripple themselves from being able to collect ANY saleable information?" I think you know the answer to that.

I use aptoide and f-droid. I've never encountered an app that needed google to work

There's nothing wrong with using google apps.

F-Droid has shit apps
Using pirated software is for niggers

Wtf Sup Forums?