Can we have a hackintosh thread?

I've finally accepted that linux is too amateurish for me and I want a slick sexy os. Anyone currently posting from their hackintosh? Post specs

Other urls found in this thread:

discussions.apple.com/thread/5516994?tstart=0
github.com/drduh/OS-X-Security-and-Privacy-Guide/blob/master/InstallESD_Hashes.csv
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the gtx 970 drives a pair of 24" 4k monitors, which basically amounts to "retina" displays. OS X has the best scaling support by about a mile.

i actually mostly use a rMBP, but this lets me use the 4k monitors at 60Hz without the laptop struggling

>linux
>used by all major industry actors, such as IBM, HP, Amazon, Google, Oracle
>"amateurish"

>hackintosh
>literally hobbyist projects to hack OS X into running on hardware it wasn't made for running on
>not "amateurish"

i think it's pretty clever how you evaluate linux's impact/footprint by all the computers running the linux kernel even though different distributions are very different from one another, but the hackintosh footprint by just the machines running that specific hardware (rather than os x in general).

I'm saving up for Mac mini, I know its not very powerful but I don't need much.

Still no PCI-e passthrough, still not using it on my desktop.

They use it as a server OS, On the the desktop Linux is a fucking joke.

>Still no PCI-e passthrough
That's a virtualbox issue, I have no issue with it on my rMBP using VMWare Fusion.

It runs great, with only one minor issue - no filevault2 support. But you still can encrypt your home folder.

Feels good to be part of the master race
Only bug I got is that sometimes when transferring pics with my iphone through the case usb connectors I get a weird static noise with my audio interface.
Otherwise way less hardware issues than on windows even though it's not even supported lel

weird, but that definitely sounds like a hardware issue. i have a third party charger for my rMBP and i get staticky noise in my headphones. i think you can fix it if you mess around with the gain levels or something:
discussions.apple.com/thread/5516994?tstart=0

I think it's more related to my audio interface actually. Probably something to do with electric interference. I think it's only on my two usb 3 connectors from the case though

Also: Anyone know what will happen to the hackintosh community now that the head developer quit due to being doxed? He was saying something about how there won't be able to hackintosh anymore past 10.12 or something

just purchase a real apple branded mac you fucking posers

Do you know where i can get a OS X .iso?
Iv done a lot of looking but had no results

see there's basically no apple product that does/has what i want. the closest i could get would be a Mac Pro, but that would mean a whole rat's nest of external hard drives. I have like 10-13TB of capacity on the hackintosh.

At the appstore
Install it directly from internet with recovery
Torrent it github.com/drduh/OS-X-Security-and-Privacy-Guide/blob/master/InstallESD_Hashes.csv

Could i use this image in a virtual machine?

>close button doesn't close window
>maximize button doesn't maximize window

windows users, everybody

>close button closes window
>maximize button maximizes
What's there not to get?

I get that noise on my apple hardware, depending on what's plugged in. Check what's sharing your USB hosts.

Is anyone running a hackintosh laptop? I want to do it but am hesitant due to hardware conflicts (wifi etc).

Any tried and tested models to recommend?

i tried setting one up a year ago but sadly the gpu acceleration would not work so it constantly overheated and had bad performance in any application i ran
verdict would be getting one with a recent / supported gpu

Yeah this is what I was concerned about. Seems the two major issues are dgpus and wifi cards. To be honest I have a desktop for any intensive graphics work so would probably go for more of a day to day laptop more inline with an air.

If the wifi doesn't work though what's the point.

People use it for servers because it's incredibly simple to use the latest technology with a tiny fottprint, whereas on OS X or Windows not only would you be fucked waiting for them to release their own inferior, closed source applications, but also have to contend with their bloatware operating system slowing down your machine.

>take a perfectly good computer
>install os x on it

People are difficult to understand

That's my point. Linux is great for servers but on the desktop its shit.

Think this:
Some people find more fun hacking a semi open operating system and also that operating system is know as being a decent desktop OS.

how do I do that?
pls respond

In the system info. Be wary of using the USB that shares with the FaceTime camera (it's a USB device), we've had trouble on the road with audio interfaces due to that. I know in some apple hardware (certain mbps and airs?) one of the USB hosts is far more prone to noise.

You'll have to look up your model to see if that's the issue though

Also sorry I forgot I was in a hackintosh thread. You'll just want to use the USB host with the least amount of stuff on it, move keyboards/mice and iPhones etc to one and keep the audio interface as segregated as possible

The majority of Google engineers use OS X on their workstation. So much so that Goobuntu has been deprecated and is no longer being maintained.

Apple barely makes laptops or desktop anymore and they aren't expected to refresh their very limited hardware line until next March at the earliest. This is the only way to use OS X on decent modern hardware.

>On the the desktop Linux is a fucking joke.

>But you still can encrypt your home folder.

Prove to me that Apple isn't botnet.

protip: you're a fucking noob

Thanks for the help, but I'm not sure I get what you mean. I just realized that it seems there's only usb 3.0 kexts installed although I have 2 usb 2.0 ports. Is this related to my quirk with the audio interface crackle?

forgot pic

>proving negatives
Do you casually lick Carl Sagan's dick too?

>I don't actually have an argument hwich contributes to the thread!

>hurr durr
The irony.

>inb4 freecst.com

>Serial Number

Mac Users can never be anonymous

Why did you come back? here that's your home

I have cracking and popping when ever I reboot the machine

Ever since I got a Xonar DGX I lost the ability to use hackintosh. No support for that one.

Take your own advice.

yes
i5 4440
gtx 770
gigabyte motherboard

>Mac Users can never be anonymous
You can, I modified Apple's Blank Board Serializer tool back in 2007 to reprogram serial numbers.

>I modified Apple's Blank Board Serializer tool
Your OS is largely still closed-source

Buy a used one.

And so?
In that terrain almost all is speculation, bad faith and paranoia.

Nope, your OS is shit but you're a noob, so It's okay.

>Your OS is largely still closed-source
I wasnt that user and it is relevant to what I said. Do you even disassemble? The code is all there.

>source: my arse

>The code is all there.
>provides no source

Why freetards can't understand that someone doesn't like to use their OS?

>i still dont know what assembly is

Of course you don't, pleb.

Anything since '09 is still pretty 'modern'.

should i just build a hackintosh instead of buying a macbook?

Probably not. I mean if you can't afford the hardware go for it, but it's kind of a hassle. Plus, macbooks are like, really nice. Super worth the money.

but it happens when loading pictures from my phone onto the computer too

no
hackintoshes are retarded.
OSX by itself is terrible, but osx + macbook is a great combo.

that's his point already, user. in server it's the best, least overhead, least headache. but desktop linux is cancerous unless you are porting your applications to linux.

Feels good. Can't wait for stable macOS Sierra though.

I want to think that this is bait, but I built my Hackintosh to use FCPX. I preffer PC, but my work as an editor FORCES ME onto an Apple ecosystem.

Most of the creative industry is Apple customers.

is there a lot of ongoing work to keep a hackintosh running smooth once you've got it up and running?

No. Not at all. When it's all set up, it behaves like a real Mac. Unless you update of course, but it doesn't apply to me ()

what happens if you update?

have to slightly reconfigure Clover for the new OS

This is my baby right now. The computer, minus the gt730, cost me $15 at Value Village. I'm probably going to need to upgrade the RAM soon, it's chugging on photoshop.

Fuck you

Not an argument