What is the Sup Forums replacement for the godtier (discontinued) sansa clip+/zip?

What is the Sup Forums replacement for the godtier (discontinued) sansa clip+/zip?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015OC3FUU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3OI3LRK7WT20W
gearbest.com/mp3-mp4-players/pp_275871.html
gearbest.com/mp3-mp4-players/pp_144002.html
gearbest.com/mp3-mp4-players/pp_134760.html
amazon.com/SanDisk-Player-MicroSDHC-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B010RNFVXK/
amazon.com/Sandisk-8GB-Clip-Player-Black/dp/B00VXMY262/
forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,51071.0.html
aliexpress.com/item/Adroit-USB-2-0-1-1-Mini-Rechargeable-MP3-Player-LCD-Screen-Support-32GB-Micro-SD/32559162223.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Another Clip Zip
FiiO X1/3/5
xDuoo X3

Just go on the Rockbox website and see which compatible walkman has the most features you need.

>Another Clip Zip
Ridiculously overpriced
>FiiO X1/3/5
>xDuoo X3
Lacking in portability
>Walkman with rockbox and sd support
Such a thing doesn't exist

The X1 and xDuoo X3 are actually pretty small.
You don't really need rockbox with a walkman anyway. Get the new A series

The phone you already have in your pocket.

Those weigh 7x respective 3x as much as the clips do.
>Walkman A series
Good contender but pricy, also no clip
We've been over this meme countless times. Phones are less expendable, heavier, lack the clip, no physical buttons, battery life, may lack expandable storage, etc.

What do you need the clip for

Phones dont need a clip, theu fit in your pocket.
Touchscreen is superior to physical buttons and way less cumbersome.
Music doesn't even impact battery life on phones anymore

but a phone with a good DAC is not cheep,
Fiio X1 is nearly 100$

I don't know, the htc m8 is getting cheap.
Plus is has a good screen and some of the best speakers on any mobile device, plus its in stereo.

Plus you can root it and get viper4android

>Phones dont need a clip, theu fit in your pocket.
False, going for a run or bike ride with a phone plus music can be really annoying. Flailing with your arms might catch the cord, it might fall out of your pocket, it will bounce around in your pocket, and a lot of high end pants don't even have decent pockets. Also don't mention those shitty bracelet things.
>Touchscreen is superior to physical buttons and way less cumbersome.
No, not at all. You have to avert all attention to the phone screen to navigate it. I can switch tracks in my pocket, or while it is attached to my shirt without looking, can you?
>Music doesn't even impact battery life on phones anymore
It's still an impact

And you still didn't respond to a ton of other arguments. Phones are great, but for some purposes a dedicated little device is better.

The clip+ was so good I bought three new ones before it discontinued to give to friends but I never got around to that, so I have one well working clip+ and 3 brand new ones.

I can't listen to music and play Pokemon GO at the same time.

yes but for someone who dont want to change their smartphone just for the DAC, X1-likes are a good choice

>high end pants

>2016
>not running without pant at all

$144 in Sweden.
Feels bad man.

>USE THE PHONE

Fuck you if you say this.

OP clearly has his reasons for wanting a dedicated mp3 player. Looking through the archive, every thread is almost always 2/3 arguments about phones vs mp3 players. Jesus christ just answer the goddamn question.

I've been thinking about this question OP and this player is pretty good for me.

amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015OC3FUU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3OI3LRK7WT20W

I travel a lot and I also run so a player with a long battery life and that isn't too expensive is good for me.

The camera on the M8 is shit, and it most likely won't get Nougat.

If I understand the correctly the people behind the player in your link also made these:

gearbest.com/mp3-mp4-players/pp_275871.html
gearbest.com/mp3-mp4-players/pp_144002.html
gearbest.com/mp3-mp4-players/pp_134760.html

Sadly they lack the clip and aren't that good looking save for the x02, but if nothing better comes up I think I might be getting one of these.

Shit nigga, these are worth money? I just found one in my drawer a couple months ago.

Have anyone ever RMAA those things yet?

I still use Philips gogear sa6085/02. Audio books and lectures when doing whatever. Not bad.

Mine broke a few months back and now I just use my phone. Because there is no replacement. Rockbox is essentially dead. And the Clip is way too expensive now. Fuck this gay earth.

You can't?? If I have Spotify or similar playing when I start Pokemon Go it pauses the music, then I can just go in from the notification tray and hit play and it mutes Pokemon and plays my music. I have an Android though, maybe it's different for iPhone.

I must've dropped mine and I have another one which isn't working, I'm sad because it was literally all I could ever ask for in a music player.

How much do used clip+'s go for currently?

whats wrong with the new sandisk players?

amazon.com/SanDisk-Player-MicroSDHC-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B010RNFVXK/

? No rockbox support or something?

My clip still works but I dread the day it doesn't.

Yeah. No rockbox. Although desu rockbox doesn't support any new players anyway.

>go to mp3 players on amazon
>80% of it is 100-300 dollar ipods with only internal storage

FUCKING GROSS

Just use your fucking phone you autists.

>>hurr durr but the sound quality...
>implying you care about sound quality on your daily commute on the subway

Ruizu x02.
It's cheap and it werks.

Just got my clip sport in the mail, no rockbox but whatever. Hope it will swallow 200gb micro sd.

i got a 8gb one but i dont use it
weird thing battery never reaches 100%

An external dac

>implying I have a smartphone
Please user, control yourself.

.10/10 post sempai. So helpful.

If I read correctly there's some bullshit 2000 song limit on them

I don't get why SanDisk doesn't make them anymore.
Really, it was their best product.

>Phones dont need a clip, theu fit in your pocket.
>Touchscreen is superior to physical buttons and way less cumbersome.
I can tell you've never done anything physical while listening to music. Having the clip allows you to fasten the player to a fixed location meaning no need to fumble in your pocket or put strain on the cord.
Having physical buttons means you can easily control your music without having to pull the device out. This is done even more easily with a small form factor like the clip.

I regret not stocking up on new ones. I remember when they were dirt cheap

They probably got too expensive to make. It wouldn't surprise me if the sport is much cheaper even though they sell it for the same price.

iPod with SSD upgrade

unironically?

?
how?

I think the more likely thing was that they weren't selling enough since normals all use phones now

Yes? What kind of stupid question is that?

Then why did they spend money on R&D for a new product when they could just have easily have sold the old one.

The new doesn't even have any new features like bluetooth or waterproofing (might be wrong though). Which means you can't market it to the people who already own a PMP, as in your only audience.

How the fuck do you guys break a sansa clip, they're indestructible apart from the clip.
Just take it apart and change the battery.

you're right
I forgot they didn't entirely discontinue the sector

My first one simply stopped working one day, I guess I could check the battery but I don't have any hopes. The second one I dropped somewhere.

>sansa clip
I bought a 2GB one in 2007, the thing can't hold a single second of charge, fucking depressing.

But my Zen from 2006 uses a AAA battery so I still use that.

forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,51071.0.html
agptek is developing rockbox-compatible players.
Yes the thread's from 2015 but they're making progress, apparently.

Holy hell this made me happy!

They're even planning a clip version.

FUCK OFF! I don't want to have to look at a screen or take it out of my pocket to adjust the volume or change tracks.

Lg v10

what's wrong with this?

No Rockbox

Using your smartphone lol?

Suck a dick you piece of shit

I imagine no rockbox support.

A phone.

See >buy iPod with broken HDD on eBay
>add as much storage as you'd like

>Implying I'm listening to music during a commute on a subway

>discontinued
>now expensive as shit
Fuck, I have 2 Clip Zips and 1 Clip+. I replaced them because their audio jacks got fucked (due to improper care). Still working perfectly otherwise. OP if you were local (UK, South East)I'd just give you one - you'd have to do a bit of soldering but whatever.

The $1.72 chink mp3 player

aliexpress.com/item/Adroit-USB-2-0-1-1-Mini-Rechargeable-MP3-Player-LCD-Screen-Support-32GB-Micro-SD/32559162223.html

>Just take it apart and change the battery.
Any idea what kind of replacement would fit? Where to find a new one with the same voltage and capacity: 3,7v 135mAh

>no Rockbox support for new sandisk mp3 player

Fuck it - Rockbox is an open source project. Let's fucking do this. About time I learn some embedded programming.

It's a Li-ion battery, just buy another with a similar capacity.

I use the agptek mp3 player.
It's not rockbox compatible as far as I know, but it has a low price (probably the lowest of mid-tier mp3 players) and has sd-card integration along with a screen and physical buttons.

"Up to 70 hours of audio playback when fully charged"
True ?

WOW

What's the point of buying a cheap player if I'll have to buy a dac/amp as well to drive my headphones?

I bought a refurbished clip+ 4gb for about $40.

The OLED display tends to start shitting itself after a while

The sport has at least double the battery capacity, it lasts for 24hrs+. They do use cheaper components with less memory though, which was the reason why rockbox couldn't be ported to to it. For me with one huge playlist on random, the sport is plenty good for my uses, still have my two clip+ floating around anyway even if one needs the power button resoldered. Oh and the battery connector on my sport needed to be resoldered as well.

Rockbox only works on shit that's long been discontinued, and holy lol at the suggestion they've got it working stable on Sony hardware. It only exists for people that still somehow have working players, and the main devs know this to the point where they don't give a shit anymore, and get pissy when it's suggested that the project really has nowhere else to go if they're 100% out of actively-made hardware to port it to, i.e. it's fucking dead (which it really is from a hardware standpoint)

godspeed user

let's make it habbening

>upgrading an iPod classic with flash storage costs a fortune because flash storage still isn't cheap
I want to kill myself.

The problem with the newer Sandisk players (Jam/Zip) is that documentation is near-nonexistent, and everything that DOES exist indicates that these are budget SoC's that are too closed-off and/or underpowered to port to, granted the remaining team isn't exactly a bastion of programming expertise as it is, but if there was a way to port to these players, someone would've found out by now

you can use micro sd's user, check the webpage

>$40 is a lot of money
wat

>256gb SD

It comes with no headphones or SD card, and no internal memory. Oh, and it's guaranteed to die in two days.

Awesome a dedicated audio player thread. Stuck between getting a Fiio x3 or just sucking it up and buying like an iPod nano. I dislike apple, but I found out you can transfer music with foobar 2k so I dont have to use the iTunes abortion.

I'll be using
>skull candy hesh headphones no h8 plz. They are a gift.

Do iPods even accept flac?

1,72$ nigga

>h and the battery connector on my sport needed to be resoldered as well.
are you rough on them or does that mainly happen with time?

I'm sorry, please allow me to correct my previous post
>$60 is a lot of money
wat

>Do iPods even accept flac?
Stock firmware supports ALAC, you can Rockbox it for FLAC support

>have a clip+
>clip is broken

Buy the Fiio if you plan to buy new headphones. Ipods don't accept flac but you can Rockbox :
Apple: iPod 1g through 5.5g, iPod Mini, iPod Nano 1g

Gtfo

>Believing the Fiio's "DAC" is any better than any traditional modern mid-tier mobile phone.
>Not just using superior music players with proper equalizers and volume controls
Fiio fags are worse than audiophiles ffs

>moto g cost $20
>depreciated fags delude themselves into paying $40 for a refurb piece of shit with a screen size smaller than a penny
>they use "sound quality" as an excuse with their budget iems

>meanwhile people with actual $1000+ iems use their phone

Hey ! Do you like Kanye West ???

I stream my music and listen to them on my expensive equipment.

Someday you'll outgrow listening to flacs with your low-fi equipment as a means to compensate.

>Not having a Camera to take pictures
>Not having a tape recorder for movies
>Not having a slider phone to text
>Not having a remote for ir blasting
>not having laptop for smart features

notice the
>up to
still pretty good.
plays a lot of formats, you can use it with a micro sd and it is cheap as fuck.

There hasn't been a consensus on a good cheap DAP since the Sansa clip. So if you want a good dedicated DAP you are going to have to spend some money on a Fiio or Cowon.