GPU and SSD in one

> GPU and SSD in one

AMD possibly isnt dead yet?

tomshardware.com/news/amd-radeon-ssg-1tb-gpu-memory,32325.html

Its worthless if it was any good Intel amd nvidia would have already made it m8

What's the use of the ssd in the GPU? Does it work like a normal ssd? If so then what's the point of it

$10000
Only for proper work use

>housefires GPU
>dual housefires Samsung m.2 SSDs
>stuffed into the same box
Does it come with a voucher for an extinguisher and an insurance plan? For $10k it better have.

You need Gamer-SSD-Cooling-Fins

underage faggot who doesn't know what "reading an article" means

To reduce latency. There is a shit ton of interfaces, wires and abstraction layers separating your GPU from accessing local storage normally.
If you work in a scientific or big data processing field where you need to work on large data sets all at once, this has massive potential, since it means that you don't need to reload data every time you change something, or being able to visualize data faster since the GPU can pull the info from storage immediately.

To replace expensive ram with a shitload of extremly cheaper but several several times slower ssd memory.

This is like Zen replaceing SRAM cache with 32 gb DRAM as Cache.

It works, unless you have to transfer a lot of data.

You preload work files into the SSD, then the GPU can access them directly without transferring anything over the PCI-E bus, without CPU overhead. Enormous high resolution videos can be edited instantly, in real time. Enormous 3D CAD files which can take hours to decompress and load can be opened in seconds.

>sub 1w passive IC
>HURRR HOUSEFIRES!

Don't bother posting again.

mOAR RAMMM xxXXxXXXD

Typical amd lol

>AMD releases new tech that greatly improves actual work related GPU usage

>HURR MUH GAYMES MUH VIDYA MUH HOUSEFIRES

I want Sup Forums to leave.

Lol 10000 dollars does amd think its intel most ppl only buy in the 300$ range

The consumerist board strikes again.

POO

>hey guys I got a great idea, we could build a specialized computer that dominates in a limited applications, then put it inside a regular multi purpose computer.

That moment when we start to swing back to old school ideas, completely ignoring overall performance needs and the larger tech options we have made over the centuries.

Give them 10 or 20 years and desktop PC will be the next big thing again.

This thing couldn't be more specialized hardware if you put a damn FPGA on it

>xp941

why even bother you dumb ape.

its a long dead ssd, now compare it to 950 pro or sm961 and see what results you get.

or you can just go suck your moms dick

But I want general use over specialization, not the normal kind.

I am still waiting for them to take SOC to the extreme and drop RAM chips for embedded GB cache.

Just print me a i7 with 32GB cache and two graphic sections on a full wafer 1ft^2 plate with conductive grooving for heat dissipation and some other things tacked to the side like a PSU and ports.

(come on Intel, I know your manufacturing plant can accommodate this monstrosity)

Its not for gaming. If you tried to play games on it, you'd get nowhere.

But its not meant for regular users, you fucking halfwit. If it was, they wouldn't have fucking labelled it as a WORKSTATION CARD.

In layman's terms, this is useless for everyone using this website

Then leave

I figured as much. There are many cases where specialized applications don't care about mainstream features. So your remark is unwarranted.

Also you should note how what was once "just for industry" gets modified for general consumers as companies always try to cross leverage their markets to make more money. Even if it doesn't always work out to be profitable, the door swings both ways.

Are they soldered on?

Do people actually think that the only reason these companies make GPU cards is to sell to mouthbreathing gaymer faggots?

Fuck me. Triggered.

Someone post that video of them showing the 8K performance with timeline scrubbing and shit.

I can't navigate shitter for shit.

Whats the point when Nvidia is used in 99% of workstation applications, plus the good ones are all coded exclusively for CUDA?

I guess this is for Raja's plans to have AMD assist the creation of Bollywood films. Meanwhile Nvidia, the "Gaymer brand" pioneers self driving cars and deep learning, KEK.

>gaymer faggots
>(you)

No, just 2x512 Samsung m2 SSDs. Don't know the specific type anymore, but it was the better PCIx4 kind.

>Nvidia is used in 99% of workstation applications

Like Maya 3D or Photoshop (both have a OpenGL Rendered IIRC)

>the good ones are all coded exclusively for CUDA

Subjective statement, also known as an "opinion"

Maya 3D doesn't use 3D Hardware to render, it only uses it for real time view.

There is CUDA renderer but it lacks features that even Mayas legacy renderer has.

We get it, youre a poo in loo who wants to make it big with cg so you support the Bollywood-approved AMD. But anyone relevant uses Nvidia

Keep guessing

>Nvidia is used in 99% of workstation applications,

Not even remotely true. AMD is only struggling in consumer market share, not professional.
CUDA is nothing but a proprietary and inferior compute language with literally no advantages over OpenCL or DirectCompute.