So I'm trying to understand ram to do an upgrade. I have 4x 4gb 800 mhz ram(in the picture) currently installed

So I'm trying to understand ram to do an upgrade. I have 4x 4gb 800 mhz ram(in the picture) currently installed.

From what I understand the cpu and board come into play with eachother in terms how the ram will be used.

My cpu is I7-3610QM and my board is MS-1762.

Intel says "DDR3/L/-RS 1333/1600" is supported and it is dual channel on the cpu.

Crucial says my MB is supported with up to 1866mhz DDR3/l/rs/.

What I'm trying to figure out is if my current ram is any good which I'm assuming not because fallout 4 runs like ass and the only thing I can narrow it down to is the ram due to being a ram extensive game.

Also is that dual channel means only 2 of the ram sticks are really being put to use currently and that means only 1600mhz of my 3200mhz is being used. Would that mean I need 2x 8gb of 1600mhz to be getting 3200mhz?

no you assfuck

it's ddr

DOUBLE DATA RATE

it sends once on the up and once on the down

1600 x 2 = 3200

duuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

>fallout 4 runs like shit on my notebook

no shit?

I know what DDR is assfuck lolol. You literally answered none of my questions.

i7 and 880m, yah no. notebook has nothing to do with fallout 4 having ram issues.

800mhz is fine for people that aren't gaymers.

If the board goes up to XX and your CPU only supports X, you'll bottle neck to X

Upgrade to a Xeon E5 to take fuller advantage of your computer

>i7 and 880m, yah no
yup, youre the pc pro i can clearly see that.

>fallout 4 runs like ass
should've bought this

Youre little one of those weaboos who think every notebook is useless. But yet if you want to carry around a desktop pc while being on deployments for months at a time go right ahead. I know idiots who do. Other than that just because I don't know a lot of PCs doesn't mean its obvious my cpu and gpu have plenty enough specs to run a game and that its just my ram thats having issues.

That's it. I've had it with you fucking weaboos.

Absolutely useless, waste of my time even posting on this shithole website.

MODS. DELETE MY THREAD.

would've, but it wasn't out in 2012.

try hard kid is a try hard.

>deployments for months

how many confirmed kills on al quaeda do you have buddy? are you trained in gorilla warfare?

I don't do that in my CRS10 unit. I'm an ET, I help with comms and radar. We are the guys who drop off the team and shoot randomly into the woods.

4x 1GB 1600MHz ram is not 4x1GB 4x1600MHz
It's 4x1GB at 1600MHz
800MHz is the SDR rating, it's DDR3 so it's 2x800MHz.
It even says it. PC3-12800.
12800 are 1600MHz.

Your problems lies in only having 4GB of RAM, and the 880M

>using weaboo as an insult without know if he's one.
liking anime does not mean one is a weaboo, the same way you wouldn't call a PC user someone that knows computers, like you in this case.

Everything you've said has been proof that you know jack shit about computers or about this site.

Laptops are inferior products deal with it.
Bandwidth of laptops are extremely low to coop with the lack of cooling.

Also the 880m is a dumbed down card that was meant to be the 900 series but it performed so bad that it became it's own series and Nvidia just stopped making them and went for 900 instead.

Now throw that shit in the garbage.
"gaming" laptops aren't real.

Shows your reading skills clearly. "4x 1gb" isn't whats shown in the picture or what I said at all. And the fact no one can explain at all any of my questions leads me to believe no of you really know your shit either. You stick with insults and useless shit posting.

I got the 880m upgrade for free, the fact you're dogging on a mobile card shows a lot about what you know already. Obviously a laptop is a laptop. As I stated my situation, if you want to bring a desktop with you on deployment, you join and go right ahead. Other than that I really don't give 2 fucks if my laptop is shit for being a laptop. I atleast can game on the game. Hows it feel to be sitting in a cold dark room to only be able to game?

game on the go* fucking phones.

Dual channel, as the name implies, uses 2 data channels instead of 1, thus theoretically doubling the available bandwidth. Instead of using 1 64b channel, you get 128b by using 2 of them.

Dual channel has nothing to do with memory clock or DDR, they are all separate. Your memory clock is 800MHz, DDR means data is transferred both on the rising and the falling edge of the memory clock, so it's "like running at 1600MHz", but the actual clock is still 800MHz. There is no 3200MHz to speak of.

That's it basically, the simplified view.

>Shows your reading skills clearly. "4x 1gb" isn't whats shown in the picture or what I said at all.
Neither does 2x8GB.
It was an example that a retard like you think double the amount of RAM sticks raise the MHz, it does not.

>cold dark room.
I don't live in bombarded bunker like you do.
You're brain dead and so are your insults.

Google RAM, visit Wikipedia, because you don't even know what you want, what you're asking for or what to even ask.

Get more RAM, 4GB isn't enough, it will play like shit because it's a laptop.
That's all you need to know, don't try to ask more, you're only hurt yourself.

finally some sense out of someone, but I have 4 sticks of 800mhz. what I'm trying to get is would having 2x 1600mhz be better than 4x 800mhz? I was trying to research and it seemed to me only 2 of the 4x 800mhz only really gets used on a running application.

>liking anime does not mean one is a weaboo
m8...

still your reading skills are shit tier. I literally have 16gb of ram and I'm not talking about the memory size at all. 2x "8gb" isn't what I was asking I've clearly been talking about clock speeds this entire time. You're dead fixated on the ram size for god knows why. Just go kys kid.

At least know what it means before trying to talk about it.

A negative term directed to anyone overly obsessed with Japanese culture to the point where they become annoying.Used frequently on the image boards of Sup Forums.

>Most weaboos are uneducated about their obsession of choice and are often noobs who are overly zealous, trying to impress others with their otaku knowledge. Another trait of a weaboo is their desire to "be Japanese".

Key things:
>Obsessed with Japanese culture
>Desire to "be Japanese".

>While the two terms are often fused together, weaboos are very different from anime fans or enthusiasts.

So now we have a retard and a tech illiterate in this thread, it's most likely the same person.

>I've clearly been talking about clock speeds this entire time.

You're talking about a topic you know shit about.
Crap open the laptop, check stated RAM MHz, if it's half of what says on the stick, it's running like it should.
Now get the fuck out.

>Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
Go ask your rabi for a new cut.

dude, obviously I'm talking about a topic I know shit about thats why I fucking asked the questions. Youre literally the shit poster who can't read and provides useless non-sense aside from making yourself look more like a pos. If you can't clearly help someone then don't try and act like you know shit because you're only making yourself look dumb af. But you are trying to defend the term weaboo like it really matters. I feel like you get insulted with that term a lot and it irritates tf out of you.

Having 4 sticks does not increase your bandwidth beyond dual channel. Quad channel would do that, like on Intel's high-end enthusiast line (on the desktop side of things). Having multiple sticks also does not change the clock.

The clock frequency is like speed while the number of channels is like the width of the road. Adding more memory modules does NOT change speed at all. 1 stick will run at 800MHz (1600MHz DDR) as will 4, or 3, or 2. Having 2 or 4 however allows you to add another lane to the road however, despite the speed remaining the same.

About the clock, your RAM is running at 800MHz. 1600MHz isn't an actual thing (well, it is for DDR4 but that's beside the point), it's basically marketing speak and an oversimplification of DDR. Saying it runs at 1600MHz is easier to understand than talking about rising and falling edges of clock signals, but it is not factually correct.

tl;dr: As long as you have 2 or 4 sticks at 1600MHz you are getting the best bandwidth you can get, barring faster memory/OC.

>having 2x 1600mhz be better than 4x 800mhz
there are no 1600mhz DDR3

>What is PC3-12800

>obsessed with animu
>not a weaboo tho
please

None here have stated that they even watch anime, OP is an insecure manchild that threw it out as an insult to coup with his lack of computer skills.

actual sense here. As the weaboo pointed out earlier, I have pc3-12800 and that is a 1600mhz stick. So therefore its being throttled down to 800mhz due to?

lol

>What is PC3-12800
aka DDR3-1600 aka DDR at 800MHz, you dumb fuck
for 1600MHz you need PC4-25600 aka DDR4-3200

>I have pc3-12800 and that is a 1600mhz stick
no, you're an idiot

pretty sure I have nothing against not knowing a ton about maaad computorzzzz leet skullz. Literally play main stream games with my pals around a table whenever we get down time. Just certain games like fallout 4 was giving me issues and I'd like to mod it due to the ps4's failure to receive this update yet.

topkek, no thats me believing you idiots because so far only 1 person has been able to explain anything.

refer to this guy, hes the one who said that shit.

>I have pc3-12800 It's not throttled.
It's amusing how retarded you actually are.
Take a look at the red circles.
If you manage to get what it means before getting a stroke, I won't report your next rule breaking post.

>So therefore its being throttled down to 800mhz due to?
No. DDR3 1600 actually runs at 800MHz. That is completely normal. The 1600 number is basically marketing speak to explain DDR, but the actual clock is 800MHz.

Also, show a screenshot of the Memory tab. SPD only shows static, pre-programmed tables of supported operating modes for a module. It does not actually show what the module is currently running at.

PC3-12800 2x8GB 1600MHz running at 1596.2MHz

alright, I was trying to go by amazon because it said clock speed for a crucial 8gb 1600 was 1600mhz. but I checked and it said clock speed for a crucial 8gb 1866 was 677mhz. I'm missing something here?

>I'm literally retarded

Everything is normal, if you want more bandwidth you have to OC (if you can on a laptop) or replace all your RAM with faster modules (like 1866, if your laptop supports them in the first place).

FO4 should perform decently on your hardware on reduced settings, if it's running like absolute garbage check various other things like temps, clocks under load and if the game is running on the dGPU or iGPU (if your laptop even has an iGPU).

IIRC 1866 isn't an official standard for DDR3, it only goes up to 1600. Therefore the module is "stock" 667MHz (DDR3 1333) but it is certified to run at 1866 (933MHz) if the CPU and mobo also support it and if it is configured correctly, as in with the proper voltage and timings.

Yes you are.

legit. Makes sense, thanks.

On the FO4 issue, I've exhausted all other things it could possibly be and I couldn't narrow it down. Was told my ram was shit so I spent time trying to research it and I didn't really get far. MSI AB shows GPU and CPU running at 100% and 60% during gameplay then out of no where they drop to 0% and 20% causing the game to stutter. Someone said it was the game trying to load into the ram and that it why it was slow.

It's possible that the game is loading shit. That can sometimes be helped by installing on a SSD and maybe by faster RAM. Some games are just technically garbage and just run like crap (FO4 is definitely one of them).

What would be faster ram then if I already have PC3-12800? Intel on the website only shows support for my cpu with DDR3/L/-RS 1333/1600.

>Everything is normal, if you want more bandwidth you have to OC (if you can on a laptop) or replace all your RAM with faster modules (like 1866, if your laptop supports them in the first place).

This guy gets it, there is not much you can do about your problems OP since your laptop is pretty old and changing memory to one with higher bandwidth is pointless if even possible. GTX 670M is also a pretty old and weak GPU comparing to todays mobile GPUs. At this point it's just better to reduce graphics and other options so that you have good enough FPS and run with it. Or just wait until laptops with Pascal based GPUs arrive and buy a new one.

>I can't see it says 800MHz in my own screenshot
retard confirmed

You most likely have no options for ram then. Just like I said here You are better off with just reducing settings and getting an SSD while waiting for Pascal based laptops.

>Max bandwidth: 800 MHz
LITERALLY retarded

Nothing to do then other than OC, if that's even possible on a laptop. Desktop CPUs at least can OC RAM beyond what Intel officially says, for instance my 4790K officially supports up to DDR3-1600 too, but I'm actually running DDR3-2400.

You have no real options on a laptop though, I don't recommend fucking with it as RAM OC can be tricky and less straightforward, not to mention that laptops in general don't have good cooling, so OCing isn't something I'd do.

880m mate, I would've sold this thing by now if I had a 675m still. Got it upgraded for free due to MSI stupidity.

Other than that I'll keep searching for solution to the FO4 issue since ram seems to be on par with whats necessary. I get average 30 fps on decent settings. 50-60 in sanctuary type areas but like I said it randomly stutters for 10 - 20 seconds dropping my cpu and gpu usage to none.

OP is confirmed a know it all faggot

>literally just came into the thread without reading nothing.

kys kid.

>bandwidth
>MHz
LITERALLY retarded