Small Questions Thread

/sqt/

Other urls found in this thread:

thewindowsclub.com/find-windows-10-product-key-using-vb-script
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's the difference between display ports, hdmi and dual link dvi when having a 1080p 144hz display? is there like a failure rate or better quality or are they not noticeable when changing cables?

if (!(!p || u)) /* ... */

is there a better way to write the expression

i cant think today

Does anyone know what font this is? Candymedium/candy/candy pixel or whatever shows nothing on Google.

hdmi does not support 144Hz. dvi and display port difference doesnt matter, use whatever you already have.

Got a raspberry pi 3 model B, trying to mount a server with owncloud.
But im stuck, already installed owncloud via apt-get and my external hard drive is automounting correctly.
What are the next steps to have a server? any guidance please?
Thanks.

Does anyone know of any software to help clean up computer, fix registry, etc.

I know of ccleaner but don't know if it's any good.

Thanks.

if(p && !u) /* ... */

De Morgan's laws.

I want to watch Anime on a streaming site, but it requires me to use Flash and that is not an option for me. What do?
Should I download it? If yes, then how? Does it even work?
I would go about it by looking at the source code of the site and looking for the URL, are there any better methods/tools for this?
I am using Arch, in case someone wants to suggest an application.
Thanks in advance!

write a userscript that replaces it automatically.

nyaa.se

Public tracker is sadly not an option for me either;
germanfag torrenting without vpn = a nice letter and -500€

Is there a way to accurately measure input lag?

Posted in the old thread like a tard...

Does any Sup Forumsent know of a Winblows program to halt USB drives from running when plugged into a machine?
I know I can disable the autorun service but I was hoping for something easier to turn on/off, possibly with password access.
Or should I just bat script it and require admin rights to run?
Thanks

milliseconds

Try warez-bb.org with jDownloader

How? My coding skills are 1/10 at best, where do I start?

I suppose I meant an application, or is an extremely powerful camera the only means by which to do this? I ask because very recently my inputs on my PC have felt "floaty" and im not sure why...

I have Piston 3s, I've used them for a while and they're kind of losing their quality
Should I buy Piston Airs or just stick with a new pair of 3s?

I've got a Thinkpad W510 hooked up to an external GPU which is hooked up to a monitor. Is there a good way to use the monitor and the laptop screen at the same time?
It seems like nothing really detects the laptop screen at all when I'm using the GPU. Switching to a terminal displays on the laptop though.

Is the only way to do it going to be through hardware wizardry? Probably not worth cracking everything open just for that.

Is it for your gaymings?
You are probably the input that is lagging the most, your hardware probably contributing about a tenth of it.

ccleaner does the job well, but there's nothing like an image restore or a format.

You can't autorun from a usb on windows, they disabled that feature ages ago.
If you're that paranoid, why are you even running windows?

Good compilers reduce boolean logics using de morgans law for you... right..?

find out how the flash player streams.
if it's just a single file get it from the element and create a new video element with the file as source.

start by reading up some basic javascript.
finding/selecting elements and creating new ones.

The thing is, I feel like one day every input just got slower. Few weeks ago that is. Really bothersome as I very recently bought a new monitor to mitigate this exact thing.

Yeah, I was hoping to avoid reformatting. :/

Ok, so is there a way to sandbox drives immediately on insertion? It's an R+D materials inkjet which has to run on wang blows 7+, it's technically air gapped and it's only interaction will be with filthy USB drives.

Want to sell an old Dell PC with a Core i7 and on ebay.
Should I install Windows 10 on it?
(XPS 8500; Windows 8/8.1; 2TB HDD, no SSD)

2 questions:

1.) How do I make use of these labels? I can't find anything in the settings for appchanx.

2.) Does the Education version of Win10 last forever or have any severe drawbacks in comparison to other versions? I can't believe I can get what's basically Enterprise for free so easily through my uni.

Is the Asus VivoBook E403SA a good option for a new, cheap laptop? If I were using this for basic tasks + development, what would I be missing out on if I went with a Chromebook instead?

Got my idiot question of the day, trying to reverse engineer something so I can be less of a fucking retard with this stuff.

grep "Peak in the last.*eps" | awk '{s += $42} END {print "Peak in the last 60s Average is:", s/NR}'

Can someone explain the function of {s += $42}? I can identify it as S language but that's it.

No like the unit of measurement

Why does MGADiag say this? My Win10 is 100% genuine

Upgrade the key to win 10 and then downgrade back to win 8.1. You can then list it as having either.

I'm not sure such a program/feature exists.

Your best bet for a "sandbox" would be a virtual machine.

the tool is made for windows xp, it doesn't know windows 10 so it says unsupported OS.

OK, but the rest of the information it provides is trustworthy?

unlikely.
you are using a tool made for an OS that died 10 years ago.

what are you even trying to find out?

Tried to install windows 7 over windows 10 from the win 10 desktop. It failed when trying to reboot into the installer. It didn't make any changes but when I boot my system it asks if I want to boot win 10 or windows installer. How do I remove the installer boot option? Its the first option and if I'm not paying attention it auto selects it and gives me an error message and turns off my computer.

▲ The best way to clean your computer is by resetting windows 10
to it's default state, press the windows key>>settings>>update
▼ and security>>recovery>>reset this pc and follow the steps

Bill Gates
124 23● 43●

fug
Sup Forums re formats the text

are you installing 7 in mbr or gpt mode?

I was not aware of that feature. That's awesome. Thanks!

Product key, that's all.

What's a good, reasonably priced, Atx Mid tower case that will look good with this GPU? I normally like clean looking Fractal cases like the Define series, but this gpu has that crazy ass color scheme and it would look out of place.

I'm thinking of adding the Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (black with gold color accents) to go with this thing, pair it with a 6600k.

My windows key is somehow disabled. I don't have a gaming keyboard, Nothing in my registry disabling it that I can find. My adobe reader is updated. Onscreen keyboard's win key works like it should but not my physical keyboard.I just have a standard cheap keyboard. The key used to work. I'm running Windows 10 x64

try a different keyboard and see if it works.
try the keyboard on a different computer.
might be just a dead key.

What's the best precaution to take when buying a used video card from Craigslist?

Guy is selling an RX 480 for $150. There's no other pictures besides the box and the description literally just says "I have an RX 480 for sale." I sent an E-mail about it and he said "it's working in my computer".

I recently dealt with a "working" video card I bought off eBay and it had visual artifacts, so I had to get a refund on it. I'm pretty skeptical of the used video cards now but $150 for an RX 480 8GB with the box is a killer deal for me. What are some things I can do to at least ease some of that skepticism involving the card? I just asked him if he could send a photo or video of it in use but no response yet. Anything else?

Wow

Plugged in another keyboard, win key on other keyboard worked.

Plugged back in original keyboard. Now windows key is working like it should.

What brand of microfiber cloth is reliable? I'm trying to find a larger-size one because all I have right now are ones for eyeglasses and small displays.

I repurposed this thing from when I played guitar. It's probably a bit overpriced because of guitar branding but it's a pretty big cloth (7in x 16in) and it hasn't put any scratches on any of my things.

I'm looking at phones online and my provider network uses GSM.
In the phone's specs it says that the 2G network supports GSM but 3G and 4G don't. Will I still be able to make calls and text messages with this phone? Thank

im sorry for you man
you posted these in the last 3 sqts with ni answers
i hvae no answer for you but i have compassion

Can you overclock RAM paired with a locked processor on a z170 motheboard?

I can't even get that far to select how I want to format the disk.

Is 8 GB of RAM still enough these days? Or will I need to upgrade soon?

It'll come someday, user. I just have to believe.

Just out of curiosity, could I overclock Intel Chipset graphics? I have a PC at work that I need to get in working order, install Windows and such and I am interested if it could work with MSI Afterburner.

can you even overclock intel chips with out the K branding?

Is it possible to upload video files to my localhost through a computer that's not hosting?

As in I'm hosting through computer 1. Want to upload files from computer 2. Is the only way to upload to localhost site through the computer 1 which is hosting?

I have windows 7 should I upgrade to windows 10? What if I don't upgrade??

Need an android emulator to use the proprietary chat software like whatsapp. What are options?

Well its just the graphics not the cpu itself, also the GPU is not located in the CPU, rather on the motherboard chipset. I can't find any info on it so I guess I will try tomorrow. Anybody know of a really shitty benchmark I could run? I'm talking 1GB of DDR2, Core Duo E4500.

How do you guys get started into IRC
>The comfy "off topic" rooms users all know each other. It feels like I'm walking into a flat I don't know because I saw light and but I'm too shy (and afraid of sperging out) to begin interact.
>Find a channel I share some interest with : Once again, I try to speak but I'm either ignored or can't bounce back when the subject changes
>No friends to start a channel with / No IRC friend to introduce me to his secret club

I'm upgrading my motherboard, CPU, and ram from an A10-5700 and a shitty MSI motherboard from an HP prebuilt to an i7-6700k. I don't want to do a fresh install of Windows if I don't absolutely have to. Can I just slap the new parts in after switching to default Windows drivers for everything? Using Windows 8.1.

Never had a problem, but there are some people who had their Windows licence revoked.

Recommend me a mic Sup Forums
Desktop mounted, not a flimsy piece of shit
Sound quality does not have to be podcast tier but enough that my audio is enjoyable to listen to on mumble and quite clear.

I'm going to be the KMS toolkit to reactivate windows if it decides to tell me to fuck off.

Is GeekBuying a good place to buy Chink shit? I was thinking about buying a phone from there but I'd rather not get scammed. Also, if it's legit, how long does shipping to the U.S usually take?

ah sorrry, I thought you were talking about the iX chips that have the graphics baked in.

Use rsync

you can with anything but a mobo change. You can pop in the old HHD and it will boot but you will get the blue screen eventually saying something about not being able verify the version of windows and be totally locked out until you enter a brand new key.

This happened to me last year with 8.1

no

nothing

Currently have a 320GB HDD in my laptop, my 256GB SSD is arriving tomorrow. How do I go about moving my operating systems onto it?
Can I just shrink the NTFS partition till all the partitions fit onto the SSD, and have some program clone it for me?

the official android emulator or bluestacks

Did you buy a new product key or just use an ISO and crack windows?

can Sup Forums recommend a kindle paperwhite case?
there's a billion of them. I just want to protect the screen when I'm carrying it with me in a bag.

bonus points for it being available in europe.

I just bought a new 'global' key for cheap of some grey market site. I couldn't fuck around with cracking it as I do presentations off my gaming rig at times for work.

That's why you use legacy boot.Also there's a built in tool to prepare a Windows install for deployment on another machine.
But Windows since 8 is generally pretty good at working on completely different hardware than what it was installed on.

it worked fine until windows 8.1 was running on a different mobo and then hits you with the bluescreen. It even reinstalled all the different drivers and my graphics cards worked with out even needing to reinstall the drivers myself.

The problem is that the OEM license is tied to the mobo.if you change mobos and windows finds out, it locks you out.

How do I make my SSD my boot drive lads? I already have my shit cloned to the SSD. I just need to set it as the boot drive so I can utilize it properly.

You should just set it as the first drive to boot from in your bios. You could also try pulling your hard drive that has your old windows on it and see if it boots.

>The problem is that the OEM license is tied to the mobo.if you change mobos and windows finds out, it locks you out.
You are fucked with OEM licences on prebuilts.
But you can also screw yourself over doing the same on a regular motherboard if you use EFI boot.
On a computer I don'use much I insalled 8.1, activated it, upgraded to 10 and now the key is tied to the MB.

Set it in the BIOS?
Usually there's a HDD priority setting in there so you can order the drives. And make sure it's on a SATA 3 port if there's legacy SATA2 on the MB.

I don't know this to be 100 percent true but I'm pretty sure that all windows licenses are OEM for windows 8 and above. They completely changed things after windows 7 where a key could go on multiple computers.

How to deal with the loss of a loved one?

My grandfather just died and i dont think i can see him or i would trow up crying.

my dad died last year and it was really fucking hard for about a year. It just takes time. There's nothing you can explicitly do other than cry and feel that shitty pain for a while. Anything else is just putting it off for a later date.

anyone familiar with hardware raid through a pcie raid card? does it use less cpu/memory resources than software raid through windows/intel rst?

Your good. People are still buying fairly powerful builds with 8gb

There was a script you could run for that, I used this one I think.
thewindowsclub.com/find-windows-10-product-key-using-vb-script

is Noctua NH-U12S cooler sufficient for a slightly overclocked i5 6600k?

Why are source based distro "faster" than binary based?

Why compiling (assuming I don't optimize my CFLAGS and make.conf) makes my computer faster than choosing the 'relevant' iso to install?

Is there any disadvantage if I install a fedora spin instead of installing the version with the default DE, will my updates will be affected by this?

Moving files around on the same partition happens basically instantly but if you move files between partitions, even on the same hard drive, takes some time. What gives?

Should I use github, gitlab or bitbucket? does anyone use github paid I'm not sure whether it's worth it just for private repos considering the other two provide it for free what do you guys think?

on the same partition the files aren't actually moved.
the index of the filesystem just updates and rewrites its virtual location, so it happens almost instantly.

when you copy to another partition the files have to actually be moved there.

>Moving files around on the same partition happens basically instantly
Because they aren't actually moved

Why do you chew mashed potatoes, OP?

to mix it with saliva as thats the first part of digestion. some people dont chew em.

Since I am done with university I have a laptop that I don't use. What cool stuff can I do with it?