AHAHAHAHAHAHA

ghacks.net/2016/07/28/microsoft-removes-policies-windows-10-pro/

tl;dr: You can no longer disable ads on Windows 10.

Other urls found in this thread:

zdnet.com/article/microsoft-were-planning-to-double-start-menu-ads-in-windows-10-anniversary-update/
rbt.asia/g/thread/S55488184#p55502261
youtube.com/watch?v=Eab2UI1Iq2w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>using anything other than Enterprise

what adds? The only thing that even comes close that I have seen in the year I've been using windows 10 is an occasional "try office" notification.

>using anything other than server

Who here even uses W10 unironically that also isn't a shill?

Sup Forumsaymers

They're going to come for that next, once all the normies are corralled into 10.

>_>

Enterprise is the first to get the subscription model

>dx12
wasn't this mostly useless

C U C K E D
A G A I N
W I N C U C K

been putting off wiping this win10 drive for xen for way too long.

thanks for the heads up Sup Forumshacks.

>shills say that subscriptions would never happen
>it happens for the enterprise version

>shills say you could always disable the spying
>automatic updates renable the bonnet

>shills say you can just disable cortana
>new update prevents that

>shills say you can always disable the ads
>Now you can't

Shills eternally BTFO

just hold on to your dragon dildos and wait

But but mah freeh copieeeeeh

Ok, that's it.

I'm really gonna go back to 7 or use a pirated enterprise if I can't disable the lock screen on my desktop.

How fucking RETARDED are the guys over at microsoft?

*Enterprise LTSB N

but Win10 is trash anyways

Hey Sup Forums I've had enough of windows and wanna move over to Linux. The issue is, I know nothing about Linux. Where's a good place to start? All I ever play nowadays is DoTA anyway.

You get them even on enterprise, as notifications.
>why don't you try Microsoft Office
>why don't you try Skype
>why don't you try Edgy

Also,
>using winbabby duck OS

I don't know why anyone expected any different. Windows 10 Pro is a consumer operating system through and through.

Meant for slightly less retarded home users. Pro is the new Home Premium.

who else waiting for /crackedwin10/ here?

I can't grow up, I need that boot to play my hommossexuames

Pic related, for example.
And they're going to double the amount of those after the next week's update:
zdnet.com/article/microsoft-were-planning-to-double-start-menu-ads-in-windows-10-anniversary-update/

There are also ads on the lock screen (which you now also can't disable), Edge ads that pop up if you use another browser...

Just download Ubuntu or Mint live disk and try it out before installing.

it's a loaded question because anyone who came forward you'd just summarily dismiss as a marketer

Get some live cds of a bunch of distros and test them out

silly goy, did you think is was gonna be free

what do you mean user?

Why the fuck are you talking about loads and shit you homo

I use it, why are you asking?

take it i'm moving back to 7 tomorrow, as fuck those ads.

>Windows is maximum adware
topkek

>make an okay-ish OS
>get millions of people to use it
>make tons of money
>proceed to put ads in it
Literally why

you people are retarded

of course subscriptions exist for enterprise. i know all you people use your computers for is 420 mLG no scope gaymer bullshit, but real IT professionals have real IT departments to manage and have to handle large scale deployments. they don't have time to buy an individual license for every single installation.

and for you open source cultists, red hat and suse also use subscriptions

holy shit, that's fucking disgusting

Not that retarded because most people are even bigger retards that don't know what they want unless they're told to. They're willing to submit and be controlled by corporate corruption just giving away their privacy while Microsoft is making money off their ignorance.

That was the whole point

And they are saying they will soon charge for this ad riddled OS, but I think they are buffling, if they charge for new copies they will die and Vulkan will be the new standard instead of DX12

if you go ubuntu, you would want to do this after you get familiar with it rbt.asia/g/thread/S55488184#p55502261
and do the hdd partitioning yourself - / and /home

video tutorials on youtube

microsoft needs to face an anti-trust lawsuit over this as they force people to update to W10 then they pull this bollocks.

>he doesn't know you can unpin them from start and use the slim start menu
They're not forcing you to use tiles, m8

thanks, also, in your honest opinion, is Linux as capable as Windows now, or does it still need more time to mature?

>make an okay-ish OS
>get millions of people to use it
>proceed to put ads in it
>make tons of money
ftfy

>bring back slim windows menus
>slowly expand it with ads until it covers the screen again like in 8

>unpin them

Yes, until the next update pins new ones. Over and over again. Enjoy.

The 10cucks deserve it. Anyone with half a brain knows they left the worst botnets for when the free upgrade period ends. And everything because you retards think forced updates (i.e. losing control of your own computer) is acceptable.

What? No tin-hat comments this time?

meh

Why the fuck are they preventing you from disabling the lock screen? What is wrong with these people?

Hindus

It really is no longer funny. It's legit botnet. I believe there's still a less than a day old thread about mandatory Cortana floating around. If there are people who still don't understand this, no words will make them.

It's pretty obvious they want computer-savvy people to buy the future suscription for the Enterprise version, even for their personal computers, like an Office 365 but for Windows. They're slowing making the Pro version less and less acceptable with shit like OP's link. Just paving the way for now.

Yet another place to push ads

Because you need to watch the ads, user.

Good to have Edu, then.

But still, thats one key I have and laptop have "Pro".

I was more worried when I saw the title, but it is more annoyance than real threat. "Turn off Microsoft consumer experiences" brings third party apps, sure, but I already got rid of all of them manually, without even realizing that there is such option among Policies. Unless there is something I miss?

"Do not show Windows Tips" or "Lock screen" ones arent real problems, to be honest. First is more a little annoyance at worst, second - I dont see a problem, really. In my case, it just shows current hour and day, hardly top secret stuff. Same for "Disable all apps from Windows Store" - I didnt even realized that this was an option.

Really, it would be REAL threat, if I wouldnt be able to block online searching (linking Bling searching with Windows search function) or set up updates to "notify for download and notify for install". Cortana is not avaible in my country and most likely wont be for a long time - if any, she will come as separate package and with proper tools, provided by MS, you can still hide updates (yet, it should be already included, those dumbheads).

Stop scarying me like that, Sup Forums.

If you don't use Linux you are cucked.

It's pretty obvious they no longer want computer-savvy people using their OS.

I used it for playing games but I've since switched to GNU/Linux.

Sadly with the amount of third-party software that's available on Windows compared to other OSes that may not be always possible. They've always used that leverage.

what m8?

gaymerfags, if you stop buying dragon dildos for one whole week, you can afford a bigger ssd and dual boot, just using w10 on those rare occasions when 7 isn't supported

for giggles lad

Just wait till they forbid non-store applications. Use a legacy OS for legacy applications.

>Unless there is something I miss?

The ads/apps can sometimes reappear with updates. The GP setting used to let you disable that.

Win10 users cucked again

>tfw using startisback

Have fun with that subscription.

user, unix like software is the backbone of the internet you know today. do you honestly think google data centers use windows?

>games
youtube.com/watch?v=Eab2UI1Iq2w
don't waste your life with them

>not using classic shell
Literal cuck.

I tried dual booting but I failed horribly. The installation window didn't even give me an option.

nice virus

did you shrink your main os partition or install a second drive first? dual booting is chimp easy

whatever, cuntbubble. try researching it, its a perfectly cromulent tool

this shit isn't even intrusive. most people are probably interested in getting those apps, anyway.

right-click-uninstall couldn't be easier

I don't think I did the first one, I just had a main os drive, and an actual second drive (not partition just separate) and the menu never gave me an option. Did I need to install W7 on the second drive first or some shit? I just thought it was supposed to be simple.

For dota just get mint and throw steam on it & you're done

kek

download the media creation tool on your main os, make the usb installer or burn the iso, boot from it with your main drive unplugged, secondary drive installed

>windows 10 has an anniversary
>microsoft: okay ladies & gents time to put the poo to the loo and usher in a new age of faggotry. really

this is just upsetting. wasn't dx12 the only reason to go over to win10 in the first place? but basically every developer and publisher are pushing in favour of pic related so why not just upgrade to win 7 or 8.1 while you still can?

i mean i thought anniversary's were supposed to be an event for people to be happy about, like 20 years of pentium when intel unexpectedly made an unlocked low-end haswell as a nice consumer-friendly tribute to the brand.

Microsoft seem to take it as a prompt to finish hilting their corporate cocks in everyone's now-loosened and thoroughly lubricated buttholes.

get a hardware firewall black list all of microsoft's servers. done and done.

you first install windows because it doesn't care about other oses
then istall your free software and it's bootloader

>black list all of microsoft's servers
this is not as easy as you think. there are innumerable and many of them are hidden. You'd have to operate on a strict white list policy to even begin to have a chance at stopping the cancer.

which ads?

i've seen literally zero (0) ads in 1 year using windows 10

headless servers don't count.

The update isn't out yet, moron.

They're not delivered to everyone equally. There are ads in Start, the lock screen and elsewhere.
But you most probably have gotten at least some pinned in Start.

I see tons of ads btw

>There are also ads on the lock screen (which you now also can't disable)
Citation needed on that one.

Its another option in addition to current models you retarded parrot

Never got them

Which part?
The fact that it shows ads there (for some users)? See The fact that you can't disable the lock screen? See OP.

Just install Linux Mint (Cinnamon), and you will feel right at home as a windows user.

hahahaHAHHAHAHA, BACK TO WINDOWS 7 THEN, fuck you microsoft.

W7 forever master race

Well, it seems like my Windows 10 partition's lifetime has been shortened to August.

Yeah but you could always disable those ads by setting the lock screen to a static image, and/or not using a Microsoft account.

Okay so. I'm going to Windows 7 from 10. What to expect in terms of changes?

If I up & got Win 7 Pro what would be my first steps?

What the fuck, this is outrageous. If it wasn't for those fucking idiot gamers with their "le directx twlve xdD" then windows 10 would be losing marketshare for share. Everyone calls me a paranoid for saying how windows 10 is a spyware piece of shit, now the table is turning, this is only the beggining, they will disable every single bit of tweaking, it won't take too long before you will lose completely access to install 3rd party programs, use regedit, browse the system files and use a different browser and google.

It's just stupid people being reactionary and alarmist, as usual.
Prime example:
this guy

if you have an android phone with stock rom or an iphone, you are already being buttfucked just as hard as windows 10 will fuck you.
People used to get outraged by this shit now they just bend over and take it.
remember, NOTHING TO HIDE, NOTHING TO FEAR