I'm slipping lads... I think I'm going to fall for this meme. I'll just spend an hour or so to fix all the bad stuff!!

I'm slipping lads... I think I'm going to fall for this meme. I'll just spend an hour or so to fix all the bad stuff!!

Other urls found in this thread:

ghacks.net/2016/07/28/microsoft-removes-policies-windows-10-pro/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You
stallman.org/to-Sup
thelastamericanvagabond.com/constitutional-rights/fbi-labled-tor-browser-users-criminals/
thelastamericanvagabond.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This hell is almost over. Finally I can update my Windows 7 without fear of microshaft shoving a spyware OS down my throat.

Stay at 7. Trust me it will be good.

Or alternatively, you can install a Linux distro of your choosing.

Windows 10 is a botnet, it will spy on you.

So after the time runs out, will I be able to safely update my Win7, or did they stick telemetry bullshit in there too?

I have windows 10 and i dont think its worth it. Give it a shot for yourself but the issue with the spying is its just a little bit overboard of acceptable.

>put twitter app in menu
>OMG BOTNET SPYWARE

Impling they havent already stuck telemtry bs in windows 7. I wouldnt update it.

Can you upgrade from windows 8.0 straight to windows 10 without any problems? Trying to sort this out for a friend who never bothered to update to 8.1.

The OS is collecting your info

Do it, user. Win 10 has been rock solid for me. Literally the only problem I've had is one of my removable HDDs shows up twice......that's it.

FUCK OFF MICROSHILL

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

just join us, been on the train since day 1, never regret it.. hell, if you don't like just go back, it's not that fucking hard

don't you fucking dare, retard

ghacks.net/2016/07/28/microsoft-removes-policies-windows-10-pro/

pretty much everything does that now, dude. google already has all your info, what more can microsoft get that you aren't already sharing?

>thinking she cares about tinfoil stuff

>defeatist argument

maybe i should go with 8, lads

just stating facts, amigo

yes, I used the official media creation tool to upgrade my sister's wangblows 8 pc to 10 and it werked.

There are no facts, windows 10 is collecting your info and making money off you. Go no further than 7.

DO IT FAGGOT
DO IT FOR DX12
DO IT FOR VIRTUAL DESKTOPS

what's wrong with 8?

apps that only open fullscreen, start menu that only opens fullscreen

It doesn't matter if you do it now or later, they're going to force the update on you no matter what, seriously, you won't have a choice.

>neglecting to answer his question with redundant rhetoric
wew lad

Here's a (You)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You

Get Win10 and run TronScript, faggot.

Reminder that once you upgrade Windows 10 stays activated for you forever and you can revert back to 7

>using google anything

Microsoft Game Loader 7 still works, why would you upgrade?

Well I'm downloading it now. Gonna upgrade and revert to at least green-light my 8.1 key.

So you like Candy Crush, ads, forced telemetry, Store apps, Cortana. I don't think MS will stop here. GOOD GOY!

If the next craze comes out that requires Windows 10 which she would have to pay £100 to get now because I convinced her not to upgrade her PC for free because Microsoft is "mining data" then I'd be on the end of razorblades I'm sure.

Face it user normies don't care about their privacy, they just want to be on the latest gadgets and technologies to make sure they're compatible with everyone and everything. The war is lost.

I agree with that normies thing. But I care about privacy, security, boot speed, responsiveness.

Eventually I will have to learn this shit. Is it going to be significantly harder to upgrade my vm with daz to 10 after today or will my experience be about the same?

I have 10 installed....as a boot option on a desktop that I'm trying to use as a workstation

What the hell was right?

I was a macfag for years, and when OS X got even shittier than it already was, I looked at win8 and noped my way to linux. Haven't been as satisfied with an OS since win2k.

>Literally the only problem I've had is one of my removable HDDs shows up twice

That's intentional, it's to not force you to expand the This PC dialog.

It can be disabled with a registry flag

REPENT HEATHENS

THE END IS NIGHT

If you're using Windows you're already cucked. Upgrading to W10 is just upgrading your MBC for a BBC

Unless you're technologically incomp, there is ZERO reason to upgrade. If you're curious, just pirate it when you need to later.

Fuck man, I'm convinced these are all shills.

Telemetry updates are all listed as optional so avoidable. Installing something like GWX control panel prevents botnet on Win7 for plebs.

So if I'm already on 8 what are the advantages/disadvantages of going 10?

is it too late already?

how much more time do i got to think about it?

Windows has always been free

I just bought my very own Windows 10 32/64bit FPP and I don't regret it at all.

wew

If you have up to date W7, you have telemetry.

If you stopped all updates before June 2015, you're semi safe (safe from Windows 10 telemetry at least).

telewhat?

Sigh...
Okay, BOTNET, there understand now?

Update, and then completely reinstall your current OS.

that was fast.

i think it's time to stop the botnet meme though

>'ll just spend an hour or so to fix all the bad stuff!!
you can't be un-raped, mane

That's why I used the correct word.
I post here, but I don't agree with this sites way of talking or behaving these last few 4-5 years.

Everything on that webpage is a lie.

Not only did I just did it on my window 10 system (They all worked and were committed even after retard) I also did it from a windows server which also committed the changes.

God I want you to get painful cancer for being so fucking stupid.

When did this come into affect. All of these options were present and worked.

Sometimes I wonder why humans believe anything on any random website.

>ghacks
Bunch of fat people using google as their sources.

it's the windows 10 anniversary update. it isn't out yet.

oh shit nigga u got tha anniversary update already?! link pls

>get it
>copy the free key
>roll back
Is it that hard?

Actually, it is, it's build 14393.5 and it was pushed to the Fast ring on Monday and Slow and Release Preview rings less than 24 hours ago so, it's out there.

It will be pushed to the Production ring aka general release on Tuesday but it's done and it's available. Just because YOU can't find it doesn't mean it's not available.

something happened :(

Umm I simply updated and got major update.

You cannot currently downloaded the update.

ok calm down, you're covering me in spit

Can you tell me more?
Was it a RAM error?
Did you try to install my new beaut OS over the old memory space being fucking used.

I upgraded my Windows 7 install to Kubuntu

>before 07/29
>Microsoft forcibly downloads W10 and asks politely if you want to install it now or in a minute, for free
>after 07/29
>Microsoft forcibly downloads W10 and politely locks your computer until you buy a license, allowing it to begin installation

People are this retarded to claim installing an entire different OS is an upgrade.

You fucking clown.

Download windows 10 home, upgrade using microsofts code to upgrade to windows 10 but not have it activated. You can then insert your windows 8.1 key and get a free upgrade to win 10 pro.

>Upgrade to windows 10

nice retort bro

he's making le funny linux is better than windows joke user
it isn't funny but you know

>hurr durr Windows 10 telemetry
>use Windows 7
>also spies you
>browse Facebook
>goodbye privacy and data
>use an Android phone
>Google knows everything about you
>Stallman was right
>Install Gentoo

stallman.org/to-Sup Forums.html
>I'd like to clear up some erroneous information about where I stand that is circulating on Sup Forums and perhaps elsewhere.
>I have a low opinion of Gentoo GNU/Linux.
>Gentoo is a GNU/Linux distribution, but its developers don't recognize this; they call it "Gentoo Linux". That means they are treating me and the GNU Project disresepectfully.

>More importantly, Gentoo steers the user towards nonfree programs, which is why it is not one of our recognized free distros.

>browse facebook
Who are you quoting?

Millions of people claiming that Windows 10 is spying users and gathering data... just like Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

>muh spying
you know they don't do it to harm you or anything. just to targes some ads at you, which is actually a good thing since you're going see ads anyway, at least these will be somewhat relevant to you

Why not migrate to a Linux distro?

It is not 1999, an average single mother with a black child can install it too.

Also it is not lacking functionality you mean mf.

uBlock Origin
I've not seen a single ad in months.

>just give up goy, one company has all your information so we should too

instead of having to buy your information from Google, Billy Gates would be able to spend the money to deliver more great products to you!

thelastamericanvagabond.com/constitutional-rights/fbi-labled-tor-browser-users-criminals/

g-guys

>thelastamericanvagabond.com

Actual comment:
>Oh come on !!!
>Are you saying that for the sake of privacy one should let and allow REAL cyber crims do whatever they like with impunity and get away with it.
>The loss of some privacy is a very small price to pay in order to catch REAL crims and relieve our society from their evils.
>How on earth and how else can such REAL CRIMS be stopped and caught???
>If you are doing nothing wrong when being watched, you have nothing to fear !!!

Freetards btfo, stop doing crims you fucking cunts

>targes some ads at you
>actually a good thing

Wait until it becomes paid only, then check it periodically, and IF they remove the botnet - pirate dat shit. That's my plan. No windows is worth installing until the first service pack anyway.

>you're going see ads anyway
Built-in in your OS? Never happened to 7/8.

Hop on with us man

No, the OS shouldn't have ads. You can put ads in my browser, my games, or even certain programs, and I can tolerate them. Not on my fucking OS. The OS work is to manage resources and processes.

They'll just stop calling it a OS and call it a "platform" instead, if they don't already do that.

>we need a wall

>
I have zero ads on my win 10. Just turn that shit off.

Always liked that argument. Sure, you get fucked in the ass but you can pull dick out if you want.

Or, you know, just turn it off during the installation process.
You do not use express settings, do you, user=kun?

advantages:
- faster
- actual start menu
- better driver support..installs 10x quicker than 8.1

7 had telemetry added to it for months now you fucking idiot.

you shouldn't shitpost you know
those are bad arguments.

>faster
Not necessairly, if you're on HDD you might experience a way longer (20-30s) boot up time.

>actual start menu
EEEeeh, classic shell works fine in 8.1 if you're not an autist.
I do like the W10 menu better tho.

>better driver support, installs faster
The installs faster thing is a joke, really.
better support? depends on oem only and has nothing to do with microsoft.

hell, 10 has an unhealthy habit of installing old drivers and fighting your updates after installing.

Not really faster.
Start Menu is a useless shit and for homos
Not faster, but yeah, driver support is better.

>Not faster
>Broken & buggy
>Start menu in 8.1 isn't even bad and can be replaced easily with classic shell
>Driver support top kek

Not him but when I tired this method I instead had 3 days to activate.

Join us, join the master race.