Vulkan thread

>tfw Vulkan on Linux performs better than Vulkan on Windows
>tfw Vulkan performs better than DirectX
>tfw knowing that everyone will still be jewed by nvidya and use directx
WHY? WHY WHY WHY WHY?

Other urls found in this thread:

libretro.com/index.php/nintendo-64-vulkan-low-level-emulator-parallel-pre-alpha-release/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Vulkan is not a DX alternative.

>Vulkan on linux performs better than windows

proof?

>the year of linux gaming
>never
What the fuck even happened to steam machines? Are they vapor ware?

My own and other people's tests. No official source thou.
It is superior than DX.

>Falling for the nvidya meme
You should've known better

Stfu you fuckin idiot. Vulkan is just graphics, DX is a lot more.

True. But the same thing happened for OpenGL too, remember that? It could've been bigger but no, jews jews jews.

I think Valve and Epic will create some serious pushback against dx so other devs might join in.

What happened to the "AMD has no Linux drivers" meme?

it was a meme

Considering Unreal Engine is incredibly common, if Epic pushed for Vulkan (and Unity as well for Indie space) that could make serious headway into finally pushing DX off the top.

AMD's free drivers are very good. People kept using catalyst when it was unnecessary, leading to a bad reputation due to their terrible drivers. AMD can play steam games on the free driver! No proprietary driver necessary! Nvidia users are stuck with the proprietary driver. Their free driver is trash.

still waiting for OpenCL on AMDGPU

The good thing is that Vulcan is actually backed by Jews this time.

Google wants it for their mobile platforms, Valve wants it for the sake of cross-platforming and even Apple is eyeing it.

Making DX12 an absolute Windows 10 exclusive will bite Microsoft in the ass in the long run. I say Vulcan will kill DX by the end of the next year.

Isn't OpenGL huge outside of video games? I blame DirectXbox.

Yeah, that normie shit too. It's the only time I thank computer gods for making PS (PS2) a thing. It'd be MUCH MUCH worse without PS2.

VR meme replaced the Linux meme

wasn't bullet 3.0 using opencl on the gpu for collision detection?

>and even Apple is eyeing it.

I thought Apple passed on Vulkan in place of Metal?

They know it will bite them in the ass, because very few game developers would want to go an extra mile and port the games to metal. DX12-Vulkan ports aren't that hard, because they use the same low-level api.

Phoronix's bench marks say that while Vulkan performs slightly better on Linux, it still does not beat DX11 (not even DX12) enough to significant.
So please, give me yours or other people's tests for comparison.

>tfw you're learning computer graphics and refuse to use directx
it just seems so retarded directx 11 was like the same as opengl just windows exclusive. literally why the on the ever loving fuck would you just block off the entirety Linux and Mac users from being able to use your program. it's like you want to make less money

You dunno what you are talking about

Nvidia would shill Vulkan instead of DX12 because DX12 decreases performance in their cards, meanwhile Vulkan is similar to DX11 or better in some cases with the benefit of multiplatform.

Check out DOOM. Vulkan literally makes game fly.

This. OP is retarded amdrone. Nvidia even said in their keynotes that the focus is on vulkan and dx12 is redundant.

No, Nvidia needs Vulkan. They make chips for mobile.

What did they do to make Doom 3 and id Tech 4 to run on Xbox?

Of course it's better on Linux. Nothing is worse.. even old direct x is much faster on wine than new/old Windows

And all smartphone users.. and all web browsers

Yea, it's the most used graphics API. All devices, all web browsers, all video, on every platform & mobile device

>amdrone

Amd codeveloped Vulcan, familam

How's that relevant to OP lying about nvidia ignoring vulkan?

That's not, but calling him an amdrone is stupid.

The truth is that nvidia doesn't truly support it as of now, but will in the future.

That is what I meant.

I know right?

This amdgpu-pro linux driver is dope, opengl 4.5, opencl, vulkan, etc. etc.

Just use Vulcan+SDL. Problem solved maybe.

>proprietary drivers
U suck

If Vulkan on Linux performs better than on Windows and Vulkan performs better than DX11 on Windows, then it has to perform better on Linux then DX11.

Doom is already flying even on OpenGL.

ps2-3-4 runs on it, i'd say opengl is huge
pc market just stupid not enough companies that make software, not enough companies that make hardware etc. etc.

Linux will never run games as fast as Windows, because Linux has little to no overhead, and shit drivers.

>Nvidia even said in their keynotes that the focus is on vulkan and dx12 is redundant.
duh, they don't have hardware for it

slightly slower is still slower

>ps2-3-4 runs on it
No, they don't. Sony uses custom low level apis.

Did you guys hear about this? Someone is working on a super accurate N64 emulator using Vulkan:

libretro.com/index.php/nintendo-64-vulkan-low-level-emulator-parallel-pre-alpha-release/

>Phoronix's bench marks say that while Vulkan performs slightly better on Linux, it still does not beat DX11 (not even DX12) enough to significant.
>So please, give me yours or other people's tests for comparison.
Talos isn't a native vulkan game, it's their opengl engine running through a vulkan wrapper.

There's no reason to use DX12 over Vulkan unless you work for MS.

>gentoo exists
It easily could on Gentoo with a vulkan built game