Lately I've been toying with the idea of starting a Sup Forums podcast - essentially...

Lately I've been toying with the idea of starting a Sup Forums podcast - essentially, the idea is that each episode we'd have one major theme/topic, and anons who can each represent a board. For example, one episode could be about the future of computing, and we'd have one user from boards like Sup Forums, Sup Forums, and /biz/ to discuss the topic from multiple perspectives. The format could be really loose, and obviously go wherever the conversation takes us, but have that main topic as a jumping off point to start.

Would you listen to a podcast like this? Would you be interested in being part of a podcast like this? I'm interested in your thoughts on the idea.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RLONxEmH1iA
soundcloud.com/chineseshoppingradio
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You and your shitty opinions don't represent Sup Forums.

And no I wouldn't listen to a random idiot spouting countless memes.

Fuck off.

You'd only get attention whore anons to come on your attention whore show. Attention whores are the worst anons.

There's a reason why tripfags are generally disliked.

No. You'd only get namefags and the namefags-on-the-inside.

There are enough shitty YouTube channels pandering to 12 year-olds with shitty Sup Forums references.

is this about madcastmedia?

This. You know those faggots who try to greentext on facebook and youtube while spouting all of the currently "in" Sup Forums memes? That is exactly who you're gonna get.

If you have an idea, good or bad, never share it here. Autists don't do well with new things.

>shitposting via podcast

terrible idea

I've thought about making it so that using names, trips, or anything like that is not allowed. That way, the only identifier of a person is the board which they're representing.

Also, the simple vetting process of having a short conversation with someone before putting them on the show is enough to weed out the kind of meme-spouting people you wouldn't want on there.

youtube.com/watch?v=RLONxEmH1iA

This place is bad enough visually and written. I don't want to hear your autistic children's voices. What will substitute shitposting? Making annoying 'EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE' sounds nasally?

Fuck off.

make one about tfwnogf

There is enough cancerous podcasts about faggots spouting out memes and attracting normalfags. Sup Forums has attracted enough of those faggots because politics and the election, we don't need more.

Volunteering to be an expert on any and all subjects

Sup Forums is cancer, only alt right stormcucks go in there

Why would I want to listen to a round-table of random shitposters pulled from the boards discuss computer science when there are thousands--tens of thousands--millions of other videos on the very same subject just competing for my attention, flush with experts and scientists and shit? Where's the novelty there?

The web's full of photographers (or whatever--take your profession) giving their unsolicited opinions about shit they know nothing about.

Sup Forums itself isn't that bad, but the faggots it attracts is just cancer. I wish Sup Forums would tell normalfags and redditors to fuck off.

... well sometimes interesting conversations appear but most of it is trump shilling

> to be honest both candidates are shit

All the concerns seem to be that it will be cancerous, autistic meme-spouting. I think this is easily avoidable with a simple audition process. The show wouldn't be just a free-for-all of whoever wants to be on. By having conversations with people interested in being on the show off-camera, you can easily weed out these kind of people, and pick the people who would work best for the episode's topic.

Sure, you're going to get a bunch of those people, but none of them will make it to the show. You can have 100 autists audition, but at the end of the day you only need to find a tiny handful of people who are capable of having an interesting conversation.

Also, doesn't everybody hate it when some faggot posts like, "Sup Forums HERE, CAN U TEACH ME HOW TO DE-BOTNET WINDOWS?"

Your podcast would literally be, "Sup Forums HERE," the podcast.

Fuck off already, if anyone should be replaced it's you for this stupid idea.

pol is the light faggot, say hello to your wife's son for me

You know those threads everybody hates?
>"Sup Forums here, how do i de-botnet windows?"
>"Sup Forums here, wat language should i learn to make vidya"

Your podcast would literally be, "Sup Forums here," "Sup Forums here," "Sup Forums here," the podcast.

It's still a terrible idea to have someone representing a board. You're giving the board a personality by doing that. I personally enjoy various opinions and don't want someone representing me.

>falling for the trump meme

Daily reminder trump products are made in china or mexico

Mexican here

Voting for Hillary

literally c u c k e d by a puppet for shillary

Yeah, and it's also infested with faggots who openly hate anime on an anime website, making it obvious they're fresh off the boat from whatever site they're from. Sup Forums is also perfectly fine with opening the doors to let reddit in as long they're voting for trump, they take pride in how they've been influencing reddit. I want Sup Forums to get their shit together.

You're not qualified for this shit to begin with.

>Your podcast would literally be, "Sup Forums here," "Sup Forums here," "Sup Forums here," the podcast.

Which is not inherently a bad thing. In fact, I'd argue that it can be good. You brought up the topic of the Windows botnet - I think that given the opportunity to discuss a topic like this from different perspectives, while filtering out the shitposting typically associated with these threads could lead to some pretty interesting conversations.

Sup Forums has sellout to the normies who support Trump... Must feel good supporting a candidate with no substance on its policies or how he is going to act on it...

>inb4 hillary supporter

mostly apolitical, because Hillary is a corporate shill, but Sup Forums will blindly fall for anyone who supports their fantasies... What happened anyway with the lol-bertarians?

This.

Your idea is the antithesis of Sup Forums. Fuck off and die

In what way? The idea of Sup Forums is anonymous discussion of topics, where user opinions aren't weighted over each other. I fail to see why this same principle can't be applied to a podcast.

Lol op just fucking do it
Who cares what these fuck bois think
If it's good people will listen

/csg/ - Chink Shit General had a nice podcast going but it fell apart after 2 episodes.

soundcloud.com/chineseshoppingradio

a Sup Forums podcast wouldn't last as long as this, the subject is too broad and no one is an expert in all boards. It would be a lot of people not knowing what they're talking about. Generals can pull it off because people are laser focused on one subject. Even then it becomes cancer very fast.

hii reddit!!

If he avoids spouting out memes and actually makes it interesting, maybe it might be decent.

I'll make the logo!

lol. I'm surprised it took this long for this post.

>the future of computing
>we'd have one user from Sup Forums
Kek

You can tell he's from reddit so easily.

This is not an anime website. Sorry to remind you but, its not 2003 anymore. This is an imageboard for discussion of many topics.

>It would be a lot of people not knowing what they're talking about.

Like OP for example, yet he wants to be one weeding out people.

I know you're joking, but there are anons who actually believe that.

People who develop for computers, people who use computers to play video games, and people who use computers in a business application would all have different perspectives on the topic. These differences in opinion create an opportunity for debate and discussion, and for people to expand their thinking rather than living in an echo chamber.

the vast majority of people across Sup Forums are either underage, deeply autistic, closet normies with multiple reddit tabs, or tryhard edgy contrarians who are painful to talk to on voice. Take it from a guy who watched the /csg/ podcast auditions, you're in for a rough time finding someone who can hold a conversation and isn't unbearable personality wise. I mean good luck but talking in a thread =/= making moves to make this happen. You're just wasting time right now.

I'm not joking about anything. This is merely a domain name which has changed in nature over the years.

You have a shit idea, dont generalize the voice of Sup Forums faggot

Anime always has and always will be the primary theme for Sup Forums. There are anime banners and yotsuba is still the mascot for the website.

>changed in nature
>now owned by a Jap
>Sup Forums still one of the biggest boards
>anime culture as big as ever on Sup Forums

Just because you got here through the Fappening doesn't mean the site has changed. Being anti-anime on Sup Forums is a surefire way of detecting that you're a tool who doesn't belong.

I've been here for about 8 years and I've wondered if you spergs will ever fuck off to somwhere new, then I remember that's not in your nature.

I've watched a few anime series and can say with no doubt that anime is for total morons

If you really were here for that long, you would know perfectly well that Sup Forums is an anime site.

Oh look, a tripfag with a worthless opnion, what were the odds of that.

This

>Sup Forums podcast
Bad idea OP. Never do anything for Sup Forums. People who don't understand what Sup Forums is hate it and any user of Sup Forums who sees your work will treat you like shit.

Tripfag from 55807944 here, I've been at Sup Forums since 2006 and I think anime is stupid. If you just take a second and look at the home page you can see there's very clear containment zones for anime and Japan shit.

I used to be a tripfag until I stopped browsing this cancerous board so much. Check this and my older trip LEE!BANONVn4ZI in the archives you clueless faggot. You think everyone who's been here for a while is going to think exactly the same as you? You think everyone who came to Sup Forums even in the first few years was a weeb? Looks like you're the one who needs to realize where you are.

>Japan culture has the most variety and focus as well as being number one in the list
>containment
I'd argue that Sup Forums has more containment what with the split of retro, generals, and Pokemon. That's purely due to infighting and sperging out by cancerous normie vidya gaymurs.

There was ONLY anime boards here and Sup Forums in the early days, what the fuck were you doing here in the early days if not discussing anime? Of course most who came here in the early days were weebs, that's exactly who moot marketed to on the SA forums.

I came to Sup Forums in 2006 when they raided a websight I was using. Sup Forums was already about technology and not guro by then

Good for you, doesn't stop Sup Forums being one of the most active pages on here since day one to now. What are you trying to prove other than anecdotal crap about yourself? And what true oldfag can't spell "website"?

ANIME IS DUMB, END OF STORY.

There, it's in all caps so fuck off weeb.

>/fit/
I'm actually pretty suprised

Fucking /s/, though?

Jordan?

...I miss King Neckbeard, and McLinux O'Debian.

One was kind of smart and fun to make fun of, the other was just insane.

also... technology Hei.

Great argument, I can tell you're full of shit now you're relying on all caps and childish insults while focusing on shoving your head further up your own ass instead of good arguments. If you're a real oldfag then you're an eternal manchild of an oldfag which is much more pathetic than a weeb.

Sup Forums is probably up there since then, this was back in 2012 and Sup Forums is insanely active now compared to how it was then.

rate my 2007 desktop thread entry

>Watch a few random anime out of 1000s
>Oh shit this is dumb
>Posts on Sup Forums which is anime/technology board

(you)

I see people like you all over Sup Forums bitching about anime. How do you put up with this website when its filled with it? I mean you can literally fuck right off to a subreddit that doesn't have any of this degenerate anime weeb shit wouldn't that be better?

Sup Forums literally has the best desktop threads on the planet in regards to activity and banter.

They have their ups and downs, but in the end they're better than other websights' desktop threads even at their worst.

It's a shame they're banned at the moment because now I have to post in all these other threads.

I don't understand why desktop threads got banned but we can't even put graphics card shitposts in a general

>the 1000s

we literally don't give a shit newfag. Stop making yourself look like an ass and LURK MOAR

Please... I'm not asking for much

All I'm asking for, is to call this "The Four-Cast".

Eeh, you're really the one acting like a newfag by even replying to someone obviously posting controversial posts.

He lured animefags because they're autistic and would prop up his base well, my point is that MANY different people came. Even back then it was diverse in posters. Now that there are more boards, more non-anime than anime boards, using your logic, this is no longer an anime website. Which is my entire fucking point you dumb sperg. Try living in the current decade.

I'm in but only if it's all tripfags

>he lured in animefags knowing they were autistic to prop up his base
Do you really think 15 year old moot was thinking this far ahead when all he wanted at the time was a place to discuss anime? Are you retarded?

And I do live in the current decade you fag, with all the same anime banners, the same wildly popular Sup Forums board and constant Sup Forums OC flooding across this site. I ignore Sup Forums boards like you idiots lap them up, doesn't mean I go around saying vidya is stupid and doesn't belong here. It takes some strong delusion to ignore the masses of anime and anime history on this site daily just so you can keep fapping to Sup Forums and Sup Forums memes. No wonder moot gave up on this shithole.

You would run into copyright issues.

>spergs