>girl

>being a trap in the 60's
very progressive

A thread died for this shit.

This is horrible bait.
Please leave.

looks like a crossdressing harry potter with long hair

Sorry for invading your safe space

I think it says a lot when all the female figureheads in computing are all MtF transsexuals.

I really do mean all of them.
Women haven't done shit for computing in the last 50 years.
And no, manning the the computer room replacing vacuum tubes and feeding stacks of fortran punch cards isn't "programming".

>logs are code
Grabbin pics straight from Facebook I see. It was debunked years ago.

It's Emma Watson

they can print output?

>she

collate?

This one's fake, she's holding code output (written by a man), it's basically a compiler result. Feminists got mad on this one and re-captioned it, or you're just some unemployable turd, either way - move on.

It’s actually code. She was the lead programmer and sole founder of the company that developed the software. She obviously didn’t write it all herself but she had Stallman tier intelligence and autism.

>>Girls can't co-
girls can, but you can't because you're so occupied with your self-image, and overtly influencing what other people think about you by soliciting your unwanted opinion, that you're allowing it to paralyze your mind.

What projector are you demoing junior?

>Stallman tier intelligence and autism.
so... she's retarded?

>any time somewon make good point it projecting

Someone get this shit on /r/AdviceAnimals

Quality duck meme

girls cant do anything, period. time to stop believing in fairy tales like santa claus and equality.

>It’s actually code
That would be hundreds of megabytes of just plain text code alone. There's no way the system they were developing for could contain and execute that back then.

It's very definitely not all code

>That would be hundreds of megabytes of just plain text code alone.
you underestimate ASM

>Take a picture of me with my husband's code
>Do i look nerd?

You have no idea what you're talking about

Truuuuu

She was the lead programmer but this is not code. This is logs. That amount of code wouldn't even fit in the machine she wrote it for.

neither do you

This is nonsense

The vertical half of each page is probably almost empty spare a few comments, and the actual code is only going to be a small instruction each line. It's not like she was writing Java.

This was NASA documentation. Not even all of it was related to the code. She was likely a fine programmer but this was just a fun picture, no need for everyone to get worked up

>1000 programming languages
>maybe 2 or 3 partly contributed by women
>99.9% of all programming languages created an developed by men

your point op?

[citation needed]

The person who worked with her and literally took this picture said it was code. He even took a picture of inside of a stack because someone asked if it actually was code.

Huh. Apparently this is true

Haters B T F O

>ywn be a cute coding girl

Self Righteous Girl Coders are a cancer.

Its always "This other person with a vagina is not a spastic coder, therefore all people with vaginas arent spastic coders. This argument doesnt work for people with Penii though tee hee :)"

Yaaaaaasas Queen

Saving this for the future

Not sure how much of a bigot you have to be to not be able to admit that 1 girl can be amazing at coding.

I know there are a lot of hacks and lately all the women in tech who have risen to any prominence have not shown strong programming abilities, but still, there must be plenty of them out there who simply aren't in the media's spotlight.

I feel like you were just on the cusp of making an argument but then you crapped out half-way.

what a worthless fucking thread

roll

Pls be 8

c'mooooon 3

Thoughts?

My Uni can't afford to print out lab books for people but will buy every girl in the course pizza every other week.

Can't even complain about shit like that without being accused of hating women.

That's not even a programming language.

Middle right part is, rest is logs

If you were smart, you would claim you identify as a woman and start throwing a bitch fit if they don't give you free pizza.

They literally can't deny you the pizza because transfucks are a protected class now.

Why did you direct me to my own post

Rolling

Also SECOND SEASON WHEN

I am
Retracting my statement. I was misinformed. That truly is a metric fuckton of code.

I still don't get why everyone is freaking out about this though. Measuring software by SLOC is like measuring an airplane by weight.

What did she actually write?

Everything there is logs, you can't even say the name of the programming language because there is none there.

>1

Goddamnit

The people complaining arent against Marg, she was pretty autistic and generally a good programmer.

They're complaining about every prissy girl "coder" who thinks that because Marg was good at programming, every girl must be, and shoving it in Guys faces as if its proof that CompSci is a girls club now

>What did she actually write?
Supposedly some unknown amount of that code.

The same source that took the photo in also said that she headed the team that wrote that stack of code. She probably wrote a lot of it, but it would be pretty unfair to say she wrote all of it and just disregard the rest of her team unless the aforementioned source misspoke about that.

i want kirie!

Programming and even Computer Science was fairly evenly split between males and females up until the early 80s when personal computers started becoming a thing. Parents didn't buy that nerd shit for their little girls but did for their boys. By the time the children aged to where they would be deciding study and career paths, the males had such a huge head start just from being able to play with the stuff through their childhood and the disparity discouraged females from entering the field.

It is what it is. Stop pushing diversity on people who just want to do their jobs and start raising your damn kids responsibly and let them do what they want to do. Things will even out again with time.

Also Grace Hopper mai waifu

Nah, women dropped out of computing when large mainframes stopped being common place and the computer became small and cheap enough to put at every programmer's desk.

Suddenly the busywork clerical jobs just vanished, there was no need to change vacuum tubes or feed in punch card anymore.
You actually had to know your shit to stay in the industry.

It doesnt help that a lot of private girls schools or even public girls schools HEAVILY push Computer Science, which leads to women entering University studying tech, realising they hate it or can't do it, then dropping out.

Then they look at the rate of drop-out between genders and act like theres a problem.

>she will never be ur qt gf
Why live lads?

>There's no bias against women in the programming ind-
>*reads thread*

>There's no bias against women in the programming ind-
>*Looks at how Universities and Schools shit all over males and give Women as much help as possible to get into the industry*

>There's no bias against CIA niggers in the programming ind-
>*reads Terry Davis' twitter*

Programming used to actually be relatively simple compared to the high level shit we have now. It had more to do with simple logic and tedious thought than highly abstract thought.

Women are actually pretty good at goto hell compared to men

As I see when I study CS is that girls can't code. They are terrible, but so are the boys.
The only difference is that at least a few of the guys are competent.
I did not realize people struggled so much until I started to look at others people's code. Messy shit that don't work at all. I was considering to become a TA in the code heavy subjects, but they have to review the code of all the students. I don't want to inflict that pain upon myself.

Tell me that programming language's name then.

ITs not men vs women, its normies vs asparagus
>tfw there are more male sperglords

"Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away"

there's a reason we are surprised when women succeed in STEM

it's more like all the loser men that couldn't be programmers before suddenly had something to do other than become bookkeepers and burger flippers

following the advent of the PC and public internet, beta males flooded into a field formerly known for its refined intellectuals and drove the women out with how disgusting they were

they weren't any better, and were by far and large worse than the successful professional men and women in the field, but had more free time and didn't need to go to uni to learn anymore. being a fucking autist and being into computers used to be an oddball event, but suddenly, the world was flooded with RMS tier fucktards, all just as fucking horrible at programming yet still just as high volume in their hacking.

the apollo AGC used Basic assembly

lmfao

Assembly

Stop being a sexist pig please

I always hnnnnnnnnng at her legs, so hot.

is being sexist against men a big deal now?

men have the highest autism rates. this is a basic reality like niggers having the lowest IQ scores and women having the highest standards for sexual partners. and, unlike those other things, which are slowly becoming less significant, autism rates are climbing. you're just going to have to live with the fact that in good time every other guy you meet will have a diminished sense of empathy and one very good cognitive skill that almost makes up for how retarded he is.

that means you're going to have to live with the fact that women are going to avoid the software part of STEM like the plague

I've noticed this too. Not sure if its imposters syndrome or whether people entering CompSci are stupider than before.

Most of the guys are in there cos "Muh games" and all the girls are in there either for "Muh empowerment" or cos they've used basic CSS before and think that counts.

>you're going to have to live with the fact that women are going to avoid the software part of STEM like the plague
I'm entirely able to live with that

>autism = savant
wew

t. SJWs
t. Oppressive dictators
t. Gnome developers

None of the "instructions" on the image resembles what wikipedia says about the apollo instructions.
Those are logs

it's "version control" retards

that was the only way they could do it back then

it really kind of is, except savants are born with it and autists earn it at the cost of all else through obsession

user please stop

Second time I see my comment posted. Feels good, man.

Most severely autistic/LFA/Classic autism people are also mentally retarded. Also the "spectrum" has not been empirically proven in any way. Its very likely one end of the autism spectrum is actually unrelated to the other.

I also think 100% of the people born are born from women

your point user?