Why does Sup Forums hate the gtx 970 so much?

Why does Sup Forums hate the gtx 970 so much?

Regardless what anyone may say, it's still a 4gb card with full access to all 4 GB on board ram.

Other urls found in this thread:

guru3d.com/news-story/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-geforce-gtx-970-vram-stress-test.html
extremetech.com/extreme/198223-investigating-the-gtx-970-does-nvidias-penultimate-gpu-have-a-memory-problem/2
pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Power-Consumption-Concerns-Radeon-RX-480
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's a really good card. Actually the #1 most popular card on Steam.

Sup Forums is filled with autistic poorfags though who hate on anything Nvidia.

nobody likes being lied to and scammed

Nvidia's already finalizing/settling/paying for the multi-million dollar class action lawsuit because of it.

But hey, enjoy your cheaper 970 I guess, and make sure you buy nvidia again so you can maybe profit a little more off the next class action lawsuit when they scam you.

Yeah, it's a nice card, but flaved nonetheless.
Set textures to Ultra High in GTA 5 (just example) and your video memory usages goes over 3500MB and the FPS goes dropping down.
While the same performance Radeon only has a few frames dropped because of the higher texture size.

This, AMD might have shittier drivers, but still has better cards and does not screw over their customers.

The RX 480 power problem is even worse than the 970 memory

AMD is actually much worse

guru3d.com/news-story/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-geforce-gtx-970-vram-stress-test.html

extremetech.com/extreme/198223-investigating-the-gtx-970-does-nvidias-penultimate-gpu-have-a-memory-problem/2

>muh 3.5gb
Off yourselves.

>Regardless what anyone may say, it's still a 4gb card with full access to all 4 GB on board ram.
3.5GB of that at proper speeds.

>But there is nothing with that!
99% of the time, that is true. But there is something wrong with barefaced lying to your customers. And when nVidia's CEO came out and said "It is not a bug, it is a feature!" that was another slap in the face.

Dunno the fuck people are talking about a power problem, I have two superclocked Sapphire RX480's in my old AM3+ with a 750W PSU and there are no problem.
Only thing I heard about a power problem was a review with early units what AMD replaced. Sound more like fanboy butthurt then an actual problem.

>tfw bought a 970 in april despite pascal rumors and 3.5U
>step up to a 1070
>wait to collect my $30 from nvidia for the 970 controversy

it was a good deal

Actually 4gb is at proper speed. You just can't access both 512mb partitions on the last mc at the same time.

You sound like a butthurt AMDrone.
Butthurt cause AMD keeps fucking you in the ass!
Lel

I'm not brand loyal, the RX480 was just financially better idea than anything Nvidia has to offer.
But the shit Nvidia is pulling off does discourage one to support them in the future.
I do dislike the poorly developed drivers of AMD, but in today's market there's not that much to choose from.

What shit is nvidia doing? Amd marketing department is nothing short of disgusting and it takes a serious fanboy not to see it.

Woodscrews? Shitty cooling? The same shit OP posted about?
I never look at those marketing shit Nvidia or AMD puts out on the stage, but there's is way more talk about Nvidia's mistakes, probably for a reason.

Also don't care about AMD's marketing department but about the product that is released, I make my own conclusions about the product on my own experiences, living in Europe I can always return the item after trying it for a few days if I don't like it.

>yeropoor
AHAHA butthurt amdrone detected, go fuck yourself youre probably jelly that you cant afford superior Nvidia hardware

Are you done posting memes? The only thing you could legitimately point out is ops post, and while that's false advertising it's nothing Amd doesn't do.

So where exactly is your problem or are you just a meme spouting Amd zealot?

Obviously I'm not really interested and tired of those GPU threads here, specially because you trolls are actual brand loyal idiots who can't troll nor don't know the value of things.

All of the negative comments are from AMD friends who would never buy Nvidia anyway because of "the Jews".

>480 better than 1060

Yeah of course a religious worshipper of the mighty Amd isn't interested in dialogue. You're here just to recruit disciples.

No actual problem, as I said, been using both companies products for years.
Just as I pointed about, all that talk about Nvidia lying does discourage to support it, you don't hear those things about AMD?
Reading a few news articles in the past years, there are many examples about Nvidia lying to it's customers, like saying that an made up card is an finished product in an expo or not specifying that part of the memory uses different and slower lanes.

I can't wait until a 1060 is in stock

should I just get a founders edition?

I am a 970 owner, and I have to be honest that the VRAM issue will, and is becoming a problem.
Honestly I only bought it because of my case, but really I would have liked a 390 or 390X, much more future proof as programs and games start to use more video memory.
On an honest note though, every GPU has some sort of issue, none are perfect.

where to get my $30 well technically $50 in total because of the rebate I got from msi already.

Better than the 1060?
LEL

Of course there's more talk about Nvidias mistakes, just like there's more talk about Apples mistakes. More marketshare = more publicity, both for good and bad shit

Not with the deal I got the two 480's for, nothing more about it.

It would be hard to call me an AMD fanboy (not only because I'm not brand loyal) because I have a GeForce 9800 GX2 on my desk (for appearance) what I think is still an amazing card what I still love from my times.

I hear plenty of things about Amd, problem is that nobody cares if Amd does stupid shit. You're included. Rx480 has retarded power setup because Amd thinks peasants find 2 6 pins scary. The cooler on the reference model is absolute trash, opengl still runs like shit and is outdated etc. Nobody cares, because Amd can do no wrong.

isn't it weird how the AMDrones always seem to have more informative posts than the nvidia posters?

All the nvidia posters do is tell you to buy more nvidia, but they never explain technical details and always use tons of emotional manipulation and logical fallacies.

It's almost like the so-called AMDrones are legit posters who actually care and know their stuff and the pro-nvidia fans are just shills working from a marketing playbook.

But I'm sure that's not actually the case.

Dude, 390 and 390x get loud as fuck, especially after an oc.

I visit those GPU threads for lol's sometimes, I'm sure Nvidia fanboys would be using more shit against AMD if it actually had any, but usually it's the other way around, by your logic, then there should be more Nvidia fanboys then AMD fanboys too? So, where's the shitstaining?

Anyways, I don't want to take part in these discussions, there's more interesting things in this board.

Yea I know man, that is why I wish my situation would allow for me to have one.
If water cooled it can be a pretty mean chip.

Has AMD finally fixed the compass glitch for fa4?

AMD has horrible drivers and qc.
>rx 480 power draw
>r9 290x elpida vram

Also, in general an AMD card will die sooner than an nvidia card, not sure why. My HD6870 died 2 years ago but my friends gtx 580 is still chugging along just fine.
He's going to upgrade when the 490 comes out though because he's struggling to run most games on high these days

What nvidia fanboys? Amd has fanboys, nobody cares about nvidia beyond their products

>Also, in general an AMD card will die sooner than an nvidia card

Very true, pic related.

AMD cards are just awful cheap shit that fails very often.

Hey mate how is your first summer in AMD camp of bullshit and deception?

just have to wait for more details to come out

It's unfortunate because bad drivers, lack of driver features like shadowplay, and this kind of shit, Is the reason I stick to nvidia.

Nicely done, hope you don't mind if I save for use in the future.

I'm gonna post more 4GB vram games like GTA5 in nearby future. Just finishing reconfiguring W10 (Don't ask why, I just had to).

>this could actually be an 980 or even an AMD card and you could not tell the difference
Top proof bro

>3 year warranty
fuck yeah, dont really give 5 fucks if the card dies thanks to the warranty, I dont use one card longer than 3 years anyways before I upgrade, never actually had a card die on me (AMD), but I guess thats a sucky thing about AMD

That webm is actually a RIVA 128 right? Running the game in Ultra.

I keep my card until they can't maintain 60fps on medium settings for my games. I'm not too fussed over ultra settings, but playing on low settings just makes me feel weird.

I upgraded from a HD5870 to a GTX980 ti last year. While I've never had a card die on me either, it would suck if I was forced to upgrade early.

I think you have that literally backwards.

>Here is a 1060 GTX. It beats 480RX in 18/20 DX11 titles while costing the same. It's also a common knowledge that AMD has issues with driver support and overall it tends to run hotter and louder. I think that's a justifiable purchase. What do you think guys?
>Random AMD poorfag on Sup Forums shows up
>ENJOY YOUR GIMPED PERFORMANCE IN DX12. CLEARLY EVERY GAME FROM NOW ON WILL USE VULKAN AND DX12 BECAUSE I SAY SO. FUCK OFF NVIDIA SHILL. OH AND LET'S IGNORE THAT EPISODE 2 OF HITMAN AND TOMB RAIDER WHERE NVIDIA ACTUALLY OUTPERFORMS AMD IN DX12. THOSE WERE SHILL GAMES. IT'S ALL ABOUT ASHES OF SINGULARITY AND DOOM BABY AND IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME YOU'RE A SHILL AND YOU NEED TO FUCK OFF BACK TO Sup Forums.

Honestly, this needs to stop.

Ultra settings are actually how the game is intended to look like, every other lower setting is something removed.
Better get a console then.

>RIVA 128
Fucking pleb I made that webm using GeForce 256. '97 poorfag it's time to upgrade.

GPU threads on Sup Forums need to stop.
Fuck you Sup Forums fanbois.

>Nicely done, hope you don't mind if I save for use in the future.
Go ahead, it's just a random clip from a video from youtube anyways.

>power problem
WHat?

Some Nvidiot shill madeup shit about an article a review site posted once.

Well firstly the 480 is supposed to be cheaper. It not being cheaper is generally a sign that AMD fanboys are retarded since they'd still buy it even when it costs too much.
AMD put everything into making a value-performance card for the mid range and it's impossible to find at the price it's supposed to be.
Ultra-goof.

That would require AMDrones to learn to be sensible.

>AMD gpu does badly in a game? Nvidia is in cahoots with the sponsors and/or Gameworks is used to gimp AMD cards in the game.

>Nvidia gpu doing badly in a game? AMD is a legitimate "sponsor" and/or "worked closely" with the developers.

A prime example is 3DMark's Time Spy benchmark.

Link?

Rx480 pulled more than the maximum amount (average draw) from the pcie slot and damaged on board components like integrated sound cards and pcie slots.

They reduced it with drivers but it's not 100% fixed

Seriously? Too dumb or lazy?

I think I'll make a mega thread with bunch of webms and screenshot of original webm source next to my MSI afterburner window about 970 gtx and vram issue. There is only one problem.

JUST

Tbh even I think it was a little bit of a bullshit exaggeration and I'm still rocking my 970 GTX.

Dear Nvidya JEWS:

Please stop sending your poorly paid shills to promote the ABSOLUTE SHIT 970 to Sup Forums

I don't give a fuck about AMD, and do believe Nvidya products are better overall if you can afford them, but the 970 IS ABSOLUTE SHIT AND WILL EVER BE ABOSLUTE SHIT NO MATTER HOW MUCH SHILLING YOU FORCE DOWN OUR THROATS.

GO FOR LITERALLY ANY OTHER CARD, AVOID THE 970 LIKE THE PLAGUE

fucking sage

>That would require AMDrones to learn to be sensible.

AMDrones can't afford to be sensible. Their company is dying and they make shit products, they literally have to lie to make AMD seem good.

There is no link. I've made that webm myself.

Dead motherboards was most likely an exaggeration, but I can see the other shit happening on cheap as shit boards from asrock or MSI.

I know, I was just proving is full of shit by not providing a link despite claiming he recognized it from YouTube.

nobody cares about your shill meme mr speglord

pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Power-Consumption-Concerns-Radeon-RX-480

Why would nvidia shill the 970? 1070 is out you retard.

you should ask that to the OP summerfriend

>calls others summerfriends
>honestly believes somebody spends money on anons to shill on Sup Forums.

It's brand royalty and the need to defend your purchase, especially when claimed accusations are full of shit. Nothing less, nothing more.

Why would I shill the 970 when the 1070 is out?
You can get better performance from a 1060 or rx480 for less and Nvidia gains nothing since they've stopped manufacturing the 970.

I'm not a paid shill.

t. OP

>Please stop sending your poorly paid shills to promote the ABSOLUTE SHIT 970 to Sup Forums
Not the OP but I agree with his position. In pursuit of having a substantive discussion let's make our positions clear.

Point - 970 is (though now eclipsed by Pascal) a well functioning card. It is a cool, well-performing, and popular choice for your gpu. In fact, it is still the top GPU on steam's listing of gpus.

Your point - We should disregard all the good things about the 970, all the benchmarks, the power efficiency, availability, popularity, etc. because they misrepresented how much full speed memory was included with it?

This.

The 970 is actually objectively a great card.

Yup, it's just caching in the rest of the memory, not actually actively using the top 512MB, some sneaky stuff Nvidia did with the drivers so it would not be that bad.
Nvidia themselves said that the top half of the memory is not using the same memory controller on the chip as the first 3.5GiB are but a slower indirect one, so there's nothing you can say, it's sourced by Nvidia themselves.

Question is, will the lawsuit's result drop the 970's prices?

Pro tip: It's still most purchased card in UK because it's simply 80 quid cheaper than 1060 and 480RX (Yes yes I know OCUK has a 8gb Nitro for 250 pounds but that shit is in pre-order for a month now and it's gonna stay this way same way nvidia shield k1 costs twice as much in reality if you actually want to get it)

How much of an upgrade will this be from a gtx 680 4gb?

Wasn't the R9 380 the same price almost a year ago? Being a higher spec's card.

founders edition = shit cooler, slower base clock
go for evga or asus windforce meme

Idiotic one.

380 dropped too but I'm pretty sure 380 is utter shit when compared to 970/1060/480. I'd argue that 390 is a fair counterpart for 970, 390x is minimally better than 480RX. In all honesty this is only a thing that happens in EU, 970/390x dropped to USA prices while brand new cards will cost 50% more than they should for the entirety of 2016.

How about this?

Why not something better?

afaik no motherboard died except the one the guy killed on purpose by lighting it on fire or something.

Because I'm poor. Otherwise I'd just get the gtx 1080.

I'd keep the 680, but my dad got me a new 1440p monitor and the 680 just doesn't cut it anymore.

why would you need more than 8 gigs

Then both of those cards are fine, just look up benchmarks for games you gonna play for both of these cards.

64k is all you need

Yeah but I can see the sound card thing happening.

My friends computer makes clicking sounds through the speaker ever since he upgraded to the gtx 960 strix. It's even overclocked.

He's too lazy to RMA it, fucking idiot.

I bet a good portion of PC gamers don't even play on ultra settings

>It's still most purchased card in UK
I'm not surprised. It's been going up every month.
Mar '16: 4.93%
Apr '16: 5.10%
May '16: 5.13%
Jun '16: 5.24%

If you're poor, maybe cutting edge technology isn't something you should spend money on.

Sadly, 1440p@60FPS+ (prefebly 60-140FPS with an 144Hz adaptive sync panel) at Ultra with ultrasampling or nothing.

Hence why I'm not getting a gtx 1080.

I'm not so poor that I have to reduce my living standards for a graphics card, but I'm not rich enough to indulge myself to the latest top tier shit.

Don't forget, PC gamers also live on a diet of only Mountain Dew and Doritos.

Yeah like 5% of people actually play on that setting?

>Don't forget, PC gamers also live on a diet of only Mountain Dew and Doritos.
Tried it, don't like Mountain Dew.

As I said, sadly. Great experience.

Console peasant.

As I said, I only play , so don't know about console peasants.

Wish I could have that experience too, but sadly I'm just a guy with a 970 and a i5 4460

>I can have 2 970 gtx for less than a single 1070
Holy fuck. If it wasn't for the 3.5gb meme I'd so go for it.

SLI and crossfire are both dumb and you should never do it

They are not dumb, just badly utilized these days.
Multi GPU systems where amazing, like Voodoo with Glide.

You're clearly a console peasant if you can't even maintain a pc master race diet.

Nah, I'm just not a fat slob.

No, they've always been shit

Had SLI 6800GT. Shit

Had crossfire HD 4850. SHIT

Had crossfire HD 5870 SHIT

Last saw: SLI GTX 770. Shit.

You'll never know until you actually do it. It's just the jews wanting you to buy 2 cards and get assfucked by it and go "I guess it's ok, I'll just update the drivers when they come out" "oh it didn't fix the problem with my non-AAA title.."