Why are CS majors such terrorists?

Why are CS majors such terrorists?

#notallCSmajors

#illcodewithyou

#justiceforcompilers

#javalivesmatter

They discover they don't have the same control over society like they do over a computer.

As someone who graduated from CS I can confirm this is the correct answer.

I thought sandniggers thought math was haram

>being dumb
For fuck's sake, our whole number system is even named after them

That was until they learned that you can kill people with STEM, now the love STEM.

basically this. CS students absolutely fall apart when they deal with reality. they just can't handle being rejected the way normal humans can.

it might be autism. it might be the coddling of children these days and the smothering of assurances. it might partly be that dickwads gravitate toward high-power fields that don't require being likable (so rather than anything involving management or other people, CS/tech). i think it's a bit of everything.

what did you read that made you think that? because whatever source said that was trolling you.

>24
>still a student
Wow.

if he was a graduate student that's pretty reasonable.

and so many threads on Sup Forums about learning to program are peppered with
>I'm 26 is it too late to learn to program [or is it like all things in the fucking world, which you can continue to learn for as long as you're mentally present]?

If he was a grad student, he would either have to be over 2 years of grad student-ing, or started a year late as a freshman.

Unless you are doing a specialty (doctor, law, etc), then you should really really not spend more than 6 years in college.

PhD programs are typically 5+ years.
A lot of Masters students go work for a year or two (or more) and then earn a Masters to increase their earning potential/improve their salary trajectory.

Sometimes people just fuck up for a few years out of secondary school and float around.

Without getting into whether you think people should spend more than N years in college, there are several totally common explanations for this one detail that frankly wasn't that interesting in the first place.

>25
>still alive

wow, kill yourself grandpa

yeah some people didn't have parents who gave a shit about their futures though, so they had to work long enough to save enough money to pay for college

They kept it alive in the dark ages while you eurofags were scared of the sun. And guess where most of your *Arabic* numerals were derived from.

some sandy dick said mathematics is the work of the devil

>some people didn't have parents who gave a shit about their futures though
i was in this boat, and it's kind of surreal when you think about it. my dad had a daughter 12 years older than me, and he was a professor at a private university, so he had enough of a clue that college would be expensive and he should plan ahead for it with my (other) sister and me. he saved fuckall for us for college. i had to take out loans for my undergrad.

fortunately, in my phd program, i'm completely funded, but my dad really screwed us by opting for a few more jaguars and mercedes benzes rather than setting aside like any amount to compound in interest.

i don't know what a "sandy dick" is. urban dictionary seems to suggest it's some gay sex slang. i guess you'd know more about that, but please try to stick to more or less common english and mainstream slang.

stop listening to idiots.

ha, that sucks man.

my step dad divorced my mom and bought a boat with my """"college fund""" as a fuck you to both of us

Over here in the third world, lots of people are poor, and most parents cannot afford to send kids to uni anyway. The government allows you to take a loan to fund your studies, and pay it back slowly when you work. 1% interest.

compound interest is magical and people don't take enough advantage of it.

>insert a sandpaper-wrapped dildo
>into a urethra
Why?

yeah. i'm just fortunate that i took to CS because income even from summer internships is sometimes genuinely nauseating when i think about it. like i feel an immense sense of embarrassment at how overpaid i am wherever i go (even over the summers staying and doing research pays stupidly well)

i made more in a summer as an intern at Microsoft Research than i made in 2-3 years when i was floating around at a community college doing odd (read "shit") jobs.

i don't know if you're still on your way into/through college, but if you can find a way to make it out/through and succeed, do it. trust me, succeeding in spite of some fuckface is a thousand times more gratifying than anything you can say to him.

math my benis xD

it doesn't even make sense. i just assume a lot of urban dictionary is imaginary or something.

I'm pretty sure a good portion of UD is shit people made up, like a big game of internet Balderdash.

That 8 was clearly stolen from chinks.

You think?
Look at the fat guy meme stickied

There's a video somewhere where stallman goes full autism at some convention.

i totally get if you're not in a position to set aside money for your kids. my ex-girlfriend made it to the UC system straight out of a really shitty k-12 system in SF. her mom cleaned/cleans houses for a living and i'd be surprised if they have a savings account with more than 5k in there after all these years. the amount of grit that all of them had is absolutely staggering.

my dad had all the means necessary to set aside generous college funds for all 3 of his kids, to say nothing of maybe setting aside some money for a nest egg for the wife he was cheating on.

instead he figured we all needed a second Jaguar and to compare the merits of Range Rovers against those of Mercedes SUVs *firsthand*.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

it also makes me sad that the US has subsidized student loans, but they're nowhere near 1% if i remember correctly. and we consider them a good deal for poor students.

Generally speaking, most parents try to do their best for their kids.

Most. Some parents are simply not good parents. Sorry to hear about your dad. Take that lesson to heart and be nice to your own kids.

>CS
>"Terrorists win"

>Some parents are simply not good parents.
yep. i've realized very awkwardly from the women i've dated that lots of people have really good relationships with their parents (parents and family just don't come up with friends and co-workers that much). like they don't feel this crushing discomfort when they're around their parents, and they feel comfortable letting go and being themselves and not being judged.

none of that is familiar to me. my mom had her own problems she couldn't help, so she was not really well-equipped to take care of herself (let alone kids), and my dad and i grew apart really rapidly when i started to learn about all the adultery. the end result is that i've been taking care of my mom in some form or another since i was 11, and my dad and i haven't been casual with each other since i was 14 or 15. i just couldn't imagine treating him any other way than as the man who emotionally tormented my mom for ~20 years.

again, bringing this back to Sup Forums, find a way to get out from the shitshow that is your life growing up. money won't bring you happiness, but it'll sure as all fuck give you cover while you go find it.

>Le Arabic golden age meme

The only advancements they made was to further their religion

and facilitate all the trade they found themselves in the middle of, what with the east being to the east of them and the west being to the west of them. you'd be amazed how easy numbers make keeping track of shit like currencies and goods.

>money won't bring you happiness, but it'll sure give you cover while you go find it.
Well said. For anyone reading this and unsure: PLEASE complete your education, and get a good job with good pay.

#BringBackOurCSmajors