Do you dual boot? If so which OSes do you run, and are they on the same drive?

Do you dual boot? If so which OSes do you run, and are they on the same drive?

Other urls found in this thread:

help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuTime#Multiple_Boot_Systems_Time_Conflicts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes
OS X El Capitan and Debian Stretch
Yes

Yes.
Windows 8.1 and Debian
Yes.

Yes
Win7 and Debian
Yes

>Dual boot & OS's
Yes. Ubuntu MATE 16.04 LTS and Windows 10. Windows was 7 before this but bought a new z170/6700k setup and 7 refused to play nice. Plus piss poor m.2 support.
>Same drive
At first yes. But screw that noise. I use Linux to handle private and important work. Email, banking, paying bills. With how much bullshit and spying Windows 10 does, I don't want that information stored in yet ANOTHER server I have no control of. That and Last time I had Linux sharing a drive with Windows 8.1, Windows kept eating my Linux ethernet drive. Every 2 weeks I would have no connection and would have to re-install the "missing" driver. Soon as I moved Ubuntu to another SSD, the problem went away. Thankfully GRUB is able to see OS's across multiple drives. Windows 10 is now as "private" as I can get it via standard settings and group policy changes and is only used for Windows dependent games and Sony Movie editor.

Win10 and Ubuntu...

Yeah.
KDE Debian for daily life.
Winblows for work.

yes
windows 7 and an empty windows 10
no

Yes
W10 and Arch
Yes

Sidenote: Don't know why I even bother to dual boot, haven't logged into W10 in months and if there's something Windows-related I need I just run Windows in a virtualbox.

How do you manage to dual boot when dealing with W10, SecureBoot, and UEFI/GPT?

If I remember correctly just change some stuff in the bios.

In Win10 the "Time" is just fucked, I think I gotta change something so it adjusts to what the time is.

When I go to Ubuntu, the time is just fine. GRUB works just fine

I'm trying find more ways to use Linux over Win10 but I'm too lazy to increase the partition for my Ubuntu (My dumbass put only 30 gigs, should've put more)

Win10 has this auto-brightness bullshit that doesn't stop even with the settings changed...

Here you go dumbfriend :^)
help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuTime#Multiple_Boot_Systems_Time_Conflicts

Just wipe it completely and give Ubuntu your entire drive my man

You'll be free, hacker you'll be freeeeee

Thanks

How to dual boot win10 and debian?

Richard might have a few words with you.

Yes
Win 8.1 and OS X 10.10.2
No, separate Samsung Evo 840 SSDs

Kek yeah you're right, forgot he fucking hates Ubuntu (and for good reason)

Install windows, shrink partition from windows disk management and leave it unallocated, install debian in empty space by following the netinstaller.

On my desktop:
I do win10 and Ubuntu although I'm considering switching Ubuntu for FreeBSD
I use my desktop for some non free software so Windows is a bit of a necessity Ubuntu is for daily stuff as of now
On my t420 I'm running win7 and xubuntu which I'm considering switching out for open suse
This laptop is for some work on the go/ school
I use xubuntu to practice my programming

Yes
OSX for work and Windows for vidya.
Yes

Thinkpad at work is Win7 and Gentoo. Lol.

Yes
Arch Linux and Windows 10
No

Arch Linux for daily use and Windows 10 just for games.

No. I find it more convenient to use Debian as my only OS and then run Windows in a VM if I need it.