/spg/ Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
Rumor says Sony Xperia F8331 will be launched as Xperia XR
gsmarena.com/rumor_says_sony_xperia_f8331_will_be_launched_as_xperia_xr-news-19639.php

Rumor: Apple will replace the physical home button on iPhone 7 with a clickable capacitive one
phonearena.com/news/Rumor-Apple-will-replace-the-physical-home-button-on-iPhone-7-with-a-clickable-capacitive-one_id83585

BLU Announces $99 Unlocked 4G Studio Touch With Fingerprint Scanner
androidheadlines.com/2016/07/blu-announces-99-4g-studio-touch-fingerprint-scanner.html

Xiaomi Redmi Pro AnTuTu Benchmark Performance: Helio X25 + 4GB RAM
gizmochina.com/2016/07/27/xiaomi-redmi-pro-antutu-benchmark-performance-scores/

Nubia Z11 Series deals at TomTop
gizmochina.com/2016/07/27/nubia-z11-series-deals-tomtop/

Alcatel Idol 4S review: Too much money for too little phone
androidpolice.com/2016/07/27/idol-4s-review-too-much-money-for-too-little-phone/

ZTE Axon 7 available for purchase today at $400, ships August 17th
androidpolice.com/2016/07/27/zte-axon-7-available-purchase-today-400-ships-august-17th/

Galaxy S7 and S7 edge get Wi-Fi calling on AT&T
androidauthority.com/galaxy-s7-s7-edge-get-wi-fi-calling-att-706183/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DFniFDbRPhk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What are downs of a Samsung S7?

- Touchjizz
- Knox

Other than that, I cannot think of any?

I need a smartphone which I can root, and then proceed with downloading 3rd party software (not google store) on it and using it.

I also want to cut of the spying activities of all the apps, but still use it.

>I need a smartphone which I can root, and then proceed with downloading 3rd party software (not google store) on it and using it.

Pretty much every phone can do that. But samsung phones specifically are harder to root because of knox and how locked down they are.

touchwiz aside, it's a good phone. absolutely over priced, annoyingly locked down, but a good phone. there are other options if those are your main goals.

>provider only has 32g Nexus 6Ps

Should I still go for it?

Thinking about installing CM tonight on my z2, anyone tried any of the newest nightlys on the z2 they can recommend? I can't be bothered with endless bugs

>Touchjizz
>- Knox
>-overpriced
>-glass

do you wanna get cucked with no micro sd card?

Sony Xperia z3c, still one of the Best phones in the market. Name a better compact phone.
Protip: you cant.
I honestly cant find a better phone (compact) so im staying with this one for one more year atleast.

That's why I'm concerned. HTC 10 is overpriced, and I'm not sure if they have OP3s..

htc 10 is 599 on their own website right now. brand new s7 would be somewhere around the 650 range. i would go with the htc 10 if i were you.

So, there is only pretty much the OP3 which you can root and do all kind of stuff without losing your guarantee.

Too bad it's huge, and has an average at best screen.

Ib4 Axon7 meme

literally

htc 10
t
c

This is in Aus.

HTC10 is 700-800.

S7 is 1000-1200.

HTC 10 here is even fucking more expensive than the S7, and even a bit more expensive than the S7 Edge.

No way I am gonna get that for what it offers.

where's here?

Europe, Germany

Axon7 meme, once available here will also cost 450€.

The S7 right now is available for 499€.

Now I just somehow need to know, whether in the future there will be a way to root the phone without triggering Knox.

At the moment, there is absolutely no method to do it.

Is there even a market for phones that cost $150 dollars? My Droid Turbo's screen just died, and the deductible is $150.

In other news, what flip phone won the war? I feel like I'm going to need a burner soon.

just check ebay for wherever you live. i know that the global variant of the phone goes for cheaper than it normally does on htc's own site. if you buy new from a seller on ebay, you still get that uh oh protection for a year regardless.

just be smart about it.

>Now I just somehow need to know, whether in the future there will be a way to root the phone without triggering Knox.

hahahaha no.

there are plenty of phones going for around that cheap, user. there's even one listed in OP.

pretty sure there was that blu phone that was released on amazon with ads that just got blown the fuck out too. for like 50 bucks.

Looking for a midrange phone around $450. On T-Mo and the stuff I really want are good battery, USB-C, a screen no larger than 5.2", and easy to root. All I do are web browse and take a call once in a blue moon.

This to be honest senpai

Any drawbacks to the oneplus 3?

I was thinking of buying one, but the price difference between that and the S7 (for me) is only like 70 bucks. However I never bought a chink phone so it scares me

what I like from Oneplus 3
-price
-doesnt have touchjizz
-double sim (I have to different sims for when I travel to my home country)
-usb type c

what prefer from the S7
-design
-waterproof
-screen I guess, but I don't really see the point of going over 1080p on a phone, and both are supposed to be oled

What do you think I should choose Sup Forums? Are there any other options worth considering?

provided yours doesn't break in 24 hours like mine did, oneplus 3 should be fine.

I have a sxzc3 and desu best phone still, very smooth

how did that happen? could you get a replacement easily?

hardware failure 24 hours in. rear camera and flashlight just completely failed to the point where android didn't even know there was one attatched, as the option for it completely disappeared inside the rom. factory reset didn't help. they offered a replacement, i said nah.

and now i have the moto x pure for 250. saved 100 dollars and gained a micro sd card. all in all pretty good date with destiny.

is the p9 lite one of the best budget phones available now?

Played Pokémon while using this battery pack, but after 20min of quick charging it went to shit and my battery percentage kept dropping.

This is a screenshot of my phone charging, no games running.

Is it the shitty Pokémon app not letting me able to charge / play at the same time or is it my 5x needing way too much power for its uses?

Any recommendations for Ubuntu phones?

5x just has an awful battery life in general. Seems it doesn't charge fast enough too

I've got this no name (Amaya) power bank, 15.000mAh for my phone.

What's the worst that could possibly happen?

I think I've had enough with this phone.
> Gf complains of phone quality like hearing me "under water"
> bad battery
> rapid charging is just a meme

Anyways, what's my plan of action with the 5x?
> Do I sell it now for $400-$450 CAD and use my dad's left over iPhone 4s until a good $500 phone comes out?
> Wait for new Nexus? Then sell for $350-400
> Buy a Moto X Pure

What would be the best phone for up to €250 (~US $275)?

Phone implodes triggering a domino effect of nearby electronics and you die in your sleep because you decided not to shill out an extra $15 you gook

wait until they'll port it to OP3

I finally fell for the meme, what now?

Posted from my Redmi Note 3 Pro

What mid-range Snapdragon SoC is actually good? I've heard 615 is stuttering sometimes, and now Moto G4 with 617 is overheating and lagging as hell.

Galaxy s6 is currently 428€, s7 is 583€. Is it worth the more dough or should o go with s6? G5 is around same price but is ugly as shit

616 and 617 are mediocore, 625, 650 and 652 are good. If you consider the 430 a mid-range SoC it's good, too.

tell me how does it feel like ? hows the fingerprint reader and do you feel any lag or anything give me the general feels...

On another note what do you guys think of the new sony phone ? you think they will fix their shit and give us a decent phone.

>you think they will fix their shit and give us a decent phone.
yeah, right.

Can someone recommend a phone with:

>Good sound card
>Good camera
>Won't smash from falling

The rounded sides but flat top reminds me a LOT of Nokia's phones around 2010. Those bezels man, Sony listen to us please. You can do omnibalance without huge ass bezels, just make 2 tiny ones the same size. ITS FUCKING MAGIC. i would never drop boatloads of money on any phone bar a sony, but those bezels have to go. Even the edge to edge XA is ruined by this.

Have some faith my nigger, they might actually pull it off this time, look at that sexy ass

Just a regular USB OTG cable, I'm using a wired controller

Fingerprint reader is lightning fast, totally worth it. It heats up like most other phones. MiUI is pretty shit but the bloatware itself is kept to a minimum assuming your get the thing straight out of China.

2nd SIM and MicroSD are mutually exclusive features; you can only pick one. Camera is pretty good as are speakers. Haven't had a chance to test the battery life (literally got it earlier in the day).

You are right they are huge.

I don't believe in Sony anymore. I think even Sony doesn't believe in Xperia anymore.

if you can take a couple of pictures for us that would be great ?
also can you remove the bloatware and just install nova launcher or any other one ?

where i can download safe version of lightning browser?

>niggers not getting premium phones

I really wouldn't even bother with that cheap shit unless your old one broke and you desperately needed something just to use. If you are gonna use that shit every day you may as well get the premium device with good battery life and jazz and not the chinky plastic shit. Just my two cents.

>recommend one good premium phone worth the price

Any IPhone. Get over your stupid android fixation and come to the masterrace.

That's fucking ugly.

I have both the Redmi note 3 pro and Redmi 3s.

Best memes I've fallen for.

Just uninstalled FB messenger and some GApps I don't use. What else can I do to add battery life? I'm unrooted.

I really want to like it, I'm praying it's not shit. I don't want to get a phone other than a Sony but unless they step it up they're fucked.

Turns out my phone was discontinued, so they're sending me a new Turbo 2. Definitely a steal at $150 I think.

anyone?

Greenify

I mean this is obvious b8 but is there really any reason to pay full price for an iPhone?

I can't think of a single reason except maybe normie cred.

F-Droid.

iPhones are underrated imo, but I'd still rather get android. iPhone 6s is still the fastest phone out for what its worth, only barely though.

what do you mean a safe version whats wrong with the one in play store ?

that horrifying teeth

i dont have google account connected, and i am not sure if i want it

You are a bless user, I want to get me a 3s but Im worried about the back pattern, is it good looking? What color is yours? Im thinking about getting the gold one just because its the only one that comes without the pattern

Is it not worth it to get a LG G4? Will it 100% bootloop?

What app do you use to plan shit with notes?

like next friday at 13:30 meeting
- prepare X and Y, dont forget to bring z
- inform Q person
- call W afterwards

Even if not, you'll be having issues with it.

>touchscreen
sometimes doesn't register your touches, escpecially when the screen is turned off - doubletap to wake and knock-code doesn't work at all, very often)
>charging
at some point the phone just decides that it will charge very slowly, forever
>notification LED
wrong color lots of times, sometimes blinks for no reason, sometimes it doesn't when it should
>random overheating
and I don't mean gaming, where it's quite normal or, let's say, acceptable. G4 gets really warm just by browsing the internet or using messaging app.
>lots of minor software bugs
Too many of them to remember. I had exactly same feelings as in my previous phone with CM on it - feeling of unfinished product

Don't buy it. You're wasting your money. As long as the camera (it's great, really) isn't your top and #1 priority for the price, go for something else.

My Note 4 has died.
About to pull the trigger on a nexus 5x, any reason not to?
Only real issues I see are average battery life and no microsd slot, not a big deal to me as I'm a shut-in NEET.

I'm using Trello as my daily organizer. From what I know it doesn't have notifications - I'm using Google Calendar for reminding me of meetings.

Thanks for the heads up, 5X it is then.

not sure about the audio quality, but moto z force seems to be one of the only phones with an 'unbreakable' screen. Camera is supposed to be decent
HTC 10 has really good audio quality, decent camera, survived falling face down 30+ times before it died in phonebuffs droptest

.where did you find an s7 for 499? I'm not german, idealo.de didn't give me any usefull results.

Axon 7 hands down
youtube.com/watch?v=DFniFDbRPhk

Are screen protectors worth using?

this phone looks perfect expect one thing, its too big for me, lets see how the mini version pans out, even though its not that mini 5.2 inch and the specs looks watered down a bit

Apart from the camera being God tier this hasn't happened to my G4
Tho the battery sucks and it does heat up under heavier use

What's with the back pattern? Is it the diamond pattern? Why would it be a problem?

Camera is not good, worse than OP3.

Also it throttles after a while.

Closed BL until now

>more expensive than a OP3 here
gross

Google now should handle all that shit imo
But I also use Keep

I know it's a great phone but does anyone else think the back looks tacky as hell?

Did you see the bottom angle? It literally is shaped like a tube this time.

Can't you just do that in your calendar?
Appointments in Google Cal and probably every other calendar services have a "Notes" section.

What the fuck were they thinking?
>hey look our phones are praised for getting it just right except the camera
>people particularly love the design of our phones
>let's not fix the camera and sell a new phone with worse specs for a higher price (Xperia X)
>hey people are somehow not happy about our new phone, surely we should change the last thing that our new line of phones didn't fuck up

Dunno, it looks too like something a rich girl would like to me, it doesnt help the version its called 'fashion gold' maybe it looks good but Im really picky with that kind of things and I got paranoid about it, tell me is not ugly so I can buy the s version, a pic will be appreciated

>hey look our phones are praised for getting it just right except the camera
lmao in which universe

The Xperia Z (up until Z3 and Z5 to a lesser extent) was fucking top tier
>flagships for 70% of other OEMs flagships
>kickass design
>absolute battery-life wizards
>Compact variants that didn't compromise on battery life or performance

Currently torn up between these 3 choices, help me decide Sup Forums:

>Buy Redmi note 3 pro now, buy next years flagship (nexus) phone

Not sure if i will get LTE coverage since 800hz is not supported, it does support the two other LTE band of my provider tho.

>Buy ZTE Axon 7, buy new flagship in 2 years
Same problem, only 2 bands supported, not sure if it will be €400 or more expensive, like usual in Belgium (cheapest GS7 costs ~ 670$, iphone 6s 16 GB ~ 715$)

> Buy the new nexus flagship this year
Will probably be rather expensive since HTC makes them, they will make the HTC10 obsolete if the nexus phone is much cheaper. Also afraid to miss out with new SOC's just around the corner. If only they would release their phones in Q1.

what would you advise Sup Forums, considering i find these things important:

1) Battery life (replaceable is a real plus)
2) Good performance for regular tasks (browsing, youtube, texting etc)
3) good screen quality
4) durable (so no glass)
5) quick charge would be nice
5) least important: design, camera, usb c, microsd is not important as long as i have 64gb+ storage.

Where did you read this? Didn't know SD 820 had issues.

>kickass design
but they were explicitly looked down upon due to their angular design and how it hurts in the hand for extended periods
the compacts were literally the only devices praised, the rest were essentially "well this is the best sony has to offer I guess, still not as good as a samsung"

who's your provider?

I'd probably advise waiting until the new Nexus launch, and then going ahead with the redmi (or axon 7 if it goes on sale), or if the new nexus is that amazing, just getting it.

>Not sure if i will get LTE coverage since 800hz is not supported
Don't buy any phone in Europe that doesn't support band 20, it's the most popular band and you won't get reception 99% of the time even the phone supports 3 (1800) and 7 (2600).

>S7 is 1000-120

Dafuq

which phone should i get LG G5 OR S7?
i am very particular about camera and video performance on phone.

s7

Tell me about it, HTC 10 sold out at all local retailers in my vicinity, could only find one silver 32GB version in stock at dicksmith. Everything else is sold out everywhere unless I go to bum fuck nowhere or order online and wait.

Meanwhile s7 edge is in stock fucking everywhere.

Can't be fucked waiting for delivery online as I need to replace my broken phone quickly this weekend. I always grab a Black or Grey phone since that color goes with everything, but if silver is all I can find in stock then so be it.

Frankly if S7 edge had an equivalent AMP and DAC then I would have considered it. I don't know how the S7 edge build quality compares, it seems flimsier.

proximus, almost all providers over here support:

800 MHz (band 20), 1800 MHz (band 3) en 2600 MHz (band 7) .

well, guess i'll just have to wait for the new nexus phone then.

Any cheap (around €100) chinkphones that do support band 20 that will last me till april (new flagship releases) and that will perform better than my galaxy s3? It could die any moment now (random reboots, lines in the screen, battery (1 y old) needs to be charged at least twice a day, slow as fuck to start apps).So i'm really in for an upgrade. But i would like to wait to see if the new SOC's bring better battery life.

>tfw you fell for the moto Sup Forums meme phone