Meanwhile on macOS

I don't need some 3rd party Pajeet software to disable the voice assistant...

Other urls found in this thread:

dtrace.org/blogs/ahl/2016/06/19/apfs-part5/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

...or maintain my privacy...

..or to disable automatic updates.

wow dood gud 4 u
no one cares

I do.
Winfags BTFO

>implying your pretty ui buttons actually do anything
oh wait, your operating system isn't open source, so you wouldn't know, would you?

>he does it for free

Any good Linux distro won't even have that shit enabled by default and won't force me to buy a $2500 craptop just to use it.

>even faggotOS gives you more control than botnet10
What a time to be alive.

>using an inferior unix

Congratulations, I guess?

wincucks should commit sudoku at this point

By inferior you mean that we don't need to struggle at every package install / updates / security breaches and that we don't rely on SJW's maintaining our free softwares on github ?

I'm gladly inferior then.

No, I mean that the way OS X is designed under the hood is objectively inferior to Linux. XNU is slapped-together garbage, the filesystem is shit, etc.

But the user-facing portion is kind to retards, yes.

>OS X is designed under the hood is objectively inferior to Linux
>XNU is slapped-together garbage
Source?

>the filesystem is shit
You do know that macOS Sierra will ship with a new filesystem, right? APFS is pretty much the best one out on the market.

>But the user-facing portion is kind to retards
Kind to retards and power users, it has a bunch of more "hidden" advanced features that make using the OS easier, faster and useful.

>Privacy
>Mac
I hope you're being sarcastic.

>You do know that macOS Sierra will ship with a new filesystem, right? APFS is pretty much the best one out on the market.
It won't. Sierra will ship in 2016, the beta of AFS is scheduled for 2017.
It's better that way. A filesystem better be stable and not usable only after the first few updates.

>Mac OS
>privacy

>APFS is pretty much the best one out on the market.
Says who?

>"the way OS X is designed under the hood is objectively inferior to Linux. XNU is slapped-together garbage"
>unironically defending monolithic trash over microkernels
Oh wow.

I wish I could use OSX as my main OS. Hackintosh just isn't compatible with my current hardware and no Apple computer fully meets my requirements (or budget)
I'd need to set up a lot of external hard drives and USB hubs to get the same use out a Mac Pro that I could out my current PC.

macOS confirmed for masterrace

>what is nmap, snort, and pfsense on a separate host running openBSD to confirm the absence of nefarious network traffic from OSX hosts?

>craptop
they sure are mad

>I don't always get jealous over other people's laptops, but when I do, I make it a 15" Macbook Pro with Retina Display.

>Says who?
says a ZFS developer

dtrace.org/blogs/ahl/2016/06/19/apfs-part5/

>The Apple folks were quite interested in my experience with regard to bit rot (aging data silently losing integrity) and other device errors. I’ve seen many instances where devices raised no error but ZFS (correctly) detected corrupted data.

>Apple has some of the most stringent device qualification tests for its vendors; I trust that they really do procure the best components. Apple engineers I spoke with claimed that bit rot was not a problem for users of their devices, but if your software can’t detect errors then you have no idea how your devices really perform in the field. ZFS has found data corruption on multi-million dollar storage arrays; I would be surprised if it didn’t find errors coming from TLC (i.e. the cheapest) NAND chips in some of Apple’s devices. Recall the (fairly) recent brouhaha regarding storage problems in the high capacity iPhone 6. At least some of Apple’s devices have been imperfect.

Nowhere in those blogposts does he say APFS is "the best on the market"

I gotta be honest here, atleast OS X doesn't fuck you up that badly as windows 10 does. Like, why in the fuck would you disable some group policies for pro users. To force people to upgrade to enterprise, that's why. Apple isn't as scammy as microsoft is. What a golden age of technology we live in!

There are some seemingly absent or ancillary design goals: performance, openness, and data integrity. Squeezing the most IOPS or throughput out of a device probably isn’t critical on watchOS, and it’s relevant only to a small percentage of macOS users. It will be interesting to see how APFS performs once it ships (measuring any earlier would only misinform the public and insult the APFS team). The APFS development docs have a bullet on open source: “An open source implementation is not available at this time.” I don’t expect APFS to be open source at this time or any other, but prove me wrong, Apple. If APFS becomes world-class I’d love to see it in Linux and FreeBSD–maybe Microsoft would even jettison their ReFS experiment. My experience with OpenZFS has shown that open source accelerates that path to excellence. It’s a shame that APFS lacks checksums for user data and doesn’t provide for data redundancy. Data integrity should be job one for a file system, and I believe that that’s true for a watch or phone as much as it is for a server.

At stability, APFS will be an improvement, for Apple users of all kinds, on every device. There are some clear wins and some missed opportunities. Now that APFS has been shared with the world the development team is probably listening. While Apple is clearly years past the decision to build from scratch rather than adopting existing modern technology, there’s time to raise the priority of data integrity and openness. I’m impressed by Apple’s goal of using APFS by default within 18 months. Regardless of how it goes, it will be an exciting transition.

wow i hate macos now!!!

I don't even have to disable any botnet because it's not even there.

I'll take BTFO for $500, Alex.

OSX is open source actually, unlike Windows

wincucks BTFO

So it is on the same page as Windows then.

If you I didn't have to sell my house to afford one...

FagOSX is shit for games though
Outdated OpenGL and no Vulkan support - let alone any DirectX
Even Linux is better in that regard

Stop replying to yourself. Apple products are shit.

No it's not dumbass.

Different user here. Apple uses a heavily modified XNU kernel with a closed source OS and inferior hardware. Fuck yourself.

apple doesn't use inferior hardware. they actually source the best parts that are going to last, not the latest flashy shit that's been rushed out the door to appeal to the NEETs

>what is Metal?

baiting this hard. Honestly I don't blieve that there's someone this retarded that believes this and could actually take screenshots.