Arch Hate Thread

If Arch Linux didn't exist, Linux would have twice the desktop market share it has now.

kys Archfags

>No arguments posted except that Sup Forums arch users annoy you
>OP never met a non-Sup Forums archfag in person (they're nice)
>OP never looked at the arch community messageboard (they're nice)
>OP got saged
Oops not supposed to say that

>Guaranteed debianfag replies

Also guess my SSID and I'll give up arch for good

The manlet is back at it again guys

I fell for the Arch meme and I enjoyed it a lot, it was a nice change to installwithout a gui and building my own system.

I used it for half a year, then I realised that is not for me cause even with the more interaction between me an my computer, it was not a productive environment. Most of the time I was tinkering with the system itself and I didn't practice programming and my projects got delayed so I had to make a change.

Now I use Fedora 24 and enjoy all of its glory. Thanks RedHat.

The thing is there are people who would prefer to use Arch for these reasons. For some they're not a negative.

If you have depression using arch will cure you. Yes, not baiting.

The amount of work you will put into will get rid of one's depression cause they have a goal, a purpose that they can follow.

So Funtoo, Arch and etc only help the mentally sick.

Thank god Nietzche didn't have a computer
Archfags would have nothing to read
>except thousands of manpages

Same story except went to debian. (and used archlinux longer, didn't distract me but I almost never updated, didn't tinker with what was still working)

>If you have depression using arch will cure you. Yes, not baiting.

Actually, I have depression and yes having something to strive for and something you have to work at does help. In my case though I don't want that thing to be my OS. But some do and that's cool. What's not cool is all the fanboy-ing.

I think the point of arch is for people who maintain packages

So they want to spend hours maintaining their distro because they choose to contribute to open source software

But arch has been more stable for me than an Ubuntu flavor ever was.

I'm sick of the major update breaks everything meme. There's no reason a major version change needs to happen as often as it does imo.

Stay bad i guess

I hate to agree with a weeaboo, but, this. I use Arch and Ubuntu exclusively and find Arch to be a tiny bit more stable than Ubuntu. I'm guessing the hand-holding aspects of Ubuntu can be detrimental to some extent, if you are the type of person who likes to fiddle with things. On a whole, Linux in general has improved drastically, and I really can't think of the last distro I tried and had any major issues with. The distros that are full on freetard can be somewhat annoying to the new linux user though.

>If Arch Linux didn't exist, Linux would have twice the desktop market share it has now

most people who are newer to linux in the mint/ubuntu crowd don't even know what arch is. Also, why would you hate a bloody OS you're not using? And why hate Arch? Fedora and puppy are ten times worse anyway.

Sup Forums is Sup Forums but technology "focused".

> If Arch Linux didn't exist, Linux would have twice the desktop market share it has now.

Wow, is that wrong.

Go to distrowatch.com and check out the relative popularity of the various distros. Mint+Debian+Ubuntu together score over 6600 combined, versus just a tiny 818 for Arch.

Hell, even Elementary and Zorin are each more popular than Arch.

Arch could suddenly drop off the face of the earth and it would have next to no impact on the whole Linux ecosystem.

Yeah, because Slackware wasn't one of the first (and yet the oldest) Linux distros.

pic related.

>WHAT really is this "package manager" in our system? In fact we made a long halt at the question as to the origin of this program--until at last we came to an absolute standstill before a yet more fundamental question. We inquired about the VALUE of this program. Granted that we want the convenience: WHY NOT RATHER inconvenience? And inconsistency? Even instability? The problem of the value of package managers presented itself before us--or was it we who presented ourselves before the problem? Which of us is the Oedipus here? Which the Sphinx? It would seem to be a rendezvous of questions and notes of interrogation. And could it be believed that it at last seems to us as if the problem had never been propounded before, as if we were the first to discern it, get a sight of it, and RISK RAISING it? For there is risk in raising it, perhaps there is no greater risk.
Nietzsche would have been too hardcore for Arch tbqh.

GOAT copypasta. I'm glad sage didn't work.

Two times zero is still zero

>Arch could suddenly drop off the face of the earth and it would have next to no impact on the whole Linux ecosystem.
Proving that Arch is a worthless timesink os for autists and thus it shouldn't exist.

Amen.

>Digging the pool yourself means it will fill up 3% faster, fags
>Not even using a crane or any machine to move this dirt faster, I'll move it all manually by hand.
>Was having lots of fun using a spoon but that broke sadly.
>Honestly, thinking of only taking up half loads with this shovel so it takes longer
>Steel houses are better, real hardcores can sleep on hard steel and be like "I don't even give a fuck, yo"
>It's actually finished. The fact it's missing all those amenities is a GOOD thing
>This pain I'm obviously in is a sign of strength because I can take it
>This will take a few weeks to do myself but once it's finished it will be better than ubuntufag's house. Also I don't really plan to do anything with it once it's finished besides just compare it to his and show him "I could do it too"

How can an image get this many artifacts?

by being made on arch

Nigger Twitter.

>New intern at my job
>Some community college network/systems admin associates degree program he is in
>Arch stickers all over laptop, Arch obviously installed on his thinkpad
>Brags about being able to do anything on GNU/Linux because he uses Arch blah blah blah
>Has no troubleshooting skills beyond using google/arch wiki
>Does not even have basic commands memorized
>Spent 3+ hours trying to figure out how to set a static IP on CentOS
>Have to hold his hand on pretty much any GNU/Linux distro we have at work

>install arch
>everything just works

So pretty much any intern, using any distro, working in any computer related field? You're overworking your mind trying to relate one thing to another.

Arch
>install
>get the packages I need
>they're all up to date
>go

Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora/etc.
>install
>remove all the packages I neither want nor need
>get the packages I do need
>have to make do with them being months or years out of date, probably containing bugs
>go

No contest, Arch wins.

if only you knew what a clusterfuck the AUR is.

Certain packages can be a mess, 99% of them are fine. The bad ones get called out on it and or fixed pretty fast. Build it yourself is the recommended practice, anyways. PPA's are the real clusterfuck, if you want to get picky about it.

>that feel when half the oc in this thread is yours
How do I monetize

This is exactly the hole in your existence that everyone was trying to tell you to fill with a job, bonus points instead of just keeping you busy you can turn it into a career and make money. But obscure distro turds are much more likely to just say they're better than all that because they cashed their IQ points out now for a one man circlejerk

To be fair the meme is not from me. Sadly the "Ubuntu has experienced an internal error" message is a reality (still, they actually report errors).

Now let's debunk some statements in that shit:

>Steel houses are better, real hardcores can sleep on hard steel and be like "I don't even give a fuck, yo"
pic related is my steel house. Unless you meant it's a pain to install the packages, such as # pacstrap base base-devel?

>This will take a few weeks to do myself but once it's finished it will be better than ubuntufag's house. Also I don't really plan to do anything with it once it's finished besides just compare it to his and show him "I could do it too"
It actually takes 30 minutes, and I guess if I compare it to Ubuntu last quote is bullshit.

ALSO SAGE WHY WON'T IT WORK!!!11?

>It's actually finished. The fact it's missing all those amenities is a GOOD thing
Or the fact it does not come with Flash (and security holes) by default? I'm not saying there is no backdoor in Archlinux, such that Ubuntu bloat particularly sucks compared to Fedora's bloat.

>BlowJob SFX

Ironically, you took the time to write out this long useless post about how other people waste their time with useless things.

That's a page hit ranking. I don't know if that really correlates with use since someone could look at the page multiple times.

Manlet?
Wasn't he a hamplanet?
I don't have the screencap with me though.