THE GREATEST

>declaring a language the best
>disregarding the hardware it's going to run on
>disregarding the time constraints of the project
>disregarding the performace requirements
>disregarding the task to be performed
... sure, why not?

Java a shit, regardless.

Java is the BMW of programming languages - the language itself is fine, it's just used mostly by retards that give it a bad rep.

>Spectrum Ranking

autistic spectrum.

>final public static abstract class WebEbeanFactory extends EbeanFactoryGenericTemplate

In all seriousness though, I do agree, so long as you don't mind the language being extremely verbose and having a massive and confusing standard library. The runtime is pretty great and it does really well cross-platform for having performance on the same order of magnitude as C

Why does Swift go up 11 rankings under the "Open Source" filter? I know the language is technically open source now, but who is really making open source software in Swift?

I tried googling open source projects and there's like a list of shitty open source iOS apps on github.

You can't run a jvm on a microcontroller and the gc eats up a lot of memory. Regardless, it's an ok tool.

IBM. They have their own package repository, which is why a lot of enterprise Swift code is absent from GitHub.

I feel like that ranking is a little weird.
C is obviously the best for embedded systems programming, but smartphone development? really?
And java is obviously the best for smartphone development, but web development?

I honestly haven't seen any smartphone projects in C. Mainly C++ and Java

As for web development, maybe because some people are using Spring, but it's not a trend.

Lot's of people use java as web backend and it's not necessarily Spring. Spring is only one of the framework.
Java based server software are also popular.
Something like Cassandra, Hadoop, HBase, Spark (ok it's Scala, but run on JVM) and all of this are used by Apple (one of the largest Cassandra node), Facebook, Netflix, Twitter, etc.

So the bad reputation is real globally? I though it was only a thing in my country?

Which country are you from?
I'm from Germany, and BMWs are typically driven by obnoxious Turks

>Java better than C#

.NETFAGS BTFO

>Java not at the bottom

Java stopped being relevant around 2010, if it wasn't for Oracle pimping it out like it's rent is due tomorrow it would have died completely by now

>You can't run a jvm on a microcontroller and the gc eats up a lot of memory
You can't run desktop/server jvm on a microcontroller and the gc eats a lot of memory.
Fixed for you.

There's open source jvm for microcontroller.
There's also proprietary embedded jvm from Oracle
Finally, there's hardware based java interpreter build on microcontroller and microprocessor.
Oh also, remember the dead JavaME.

>propietary embedded jvm
>propietary
>dead javaME
>dead

I'll check that open source one tho

At least Ruby is still in the top 10; I'll call it good.

>mfw C and C++ will never lose popularity.

i'm so happy.

>There's open source jvm for microcontroller.
>There's also proprietary embedded jvm from Oracle
>Finally, there's hardware based java interpreter build on microcontroller and microprocessor.

Yeah, or, and stay with me here: we could not do all that and use C.

lgtss data science senpai

>Java still counting as web
Who the fuck uses applets in 2016?

Nobody. That's talking about people writing things like REST APIs in Java. Enterprise companies love that shit.

>I know the language is technically open source now
>technically
Is there something lacking in how open source it is?

What about R Shiny? Why is it desktop only

>Get 10 meme online sources like Reddit and Twitter.
>Give them completely arbitrary weightings.
>Get a bunch of "ranking numbers" you might've as well pulled out of your ass.
Great methodology.

>spectrum
autism spectrum

I see. Still, C/C++ for example can do that too.

As opposed to server? There are Shiny servers, unless I misunderstand what you're asking.

Meh, it's too complex to write.
Also, JVM sure hog memory like crazy, but it's sure good when dealing with repetitive data/task.
Just take a look how cassandra blow out of mysql and mongodb.

If C is on top, I can't see how this is wrong!

Android is Java's life support.

JVM is great. Just use another language like Scala.

Business is Java's life support m8

>Scala
lel compile timez