Driving Sim Apparatus

So I just recently finished my first PC build, sadly no photos on me right now as I am out at the office, but I am wondering what Sup Forums thinks about wheels/peddles for games like forza and shit like that. I have never looked in to wheels and peddles and such until now so I am blind as a bat, so any advice is welcome. I'd prefer something not too pricey as I already blew the bank on the pc itself. Pic related of course

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3ZzdkgTBmVM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bumping cuz pls

A few years ago I got the momo one which was the most recommended of the affordable ones(affordable meaning ~$100).
I don't know if they're still being made but look it up.
It definitely makes the experience more enjoyable so if you've got the money you might want to consider it.

check the /ovg/ threads on /o/, they have some infographs on racing wheels

If you know the thread, then at least link it!

thank you all for the replies, i was worried Sup Forums was quiet for a bit. the catalog for /o/ only shows one thread for me and i can't find much on it. may look at the momo models if they still make them as i love their wheel styles in project cars and such

>the catalog for /o/ only shows one thread for me and i can't find much on it
It's the google doc link in the OP about hardware.

Go with a G25 or G27. The 900 degree rotation is worth it, even though it's not quite as nice as it could be. If you go full autismo, you can treat it like the ship of Theseus and slowly upgrade each part of it, but it's a perfectly fine base. Don't be too afraid of the used ones either.

Wasting $400 on this shit.

Don't.

Go for used G25, G27 and 29 are overpriced.

G25. Cheap as hell and great.

Driving Force GT is also a choice.

Yep, totally regretting my $400 that I didn't spend on this. The $87 coupon was when ebay was having a "sell vidya game shit, get a coupon to double your money" promotion.

I've seen people buy real cars with that amount of money.

Buying flight simulator peripherals? OK. Buying such shit? Fvr what pvrpvse?

op back after a quick meeting. funny thing is the place im working at is doing a lot of neuropsych testing involving driving sims so thats why my interest has been peaked especially as of now. Excuse my rushed typing and nonexistent grammar I am shuffling between jmp and this. Let me check out used g25s ill be back in a bit. Thank y'all so much i appreciate it
Cheers,
- OP

Cheaper than a track day, and it's in better condition than a $200 car.

If you're looking for a wheel that simulates real life driving, don't even bother with G25, G27 or G29. They use a motor with gears and it feels extremely unnatural. You get this horrible grinding and vibrating when you turn the wheel against the force feedback.

That said, they still have their benefits over belt driven wheels. It all depends on what kind of experience you're looking for

yeah 400 bills on peripherals is a bit steep especially after blowing almost 3 grand on the pc. my friend flies rc helicopters and i was shocked at the kind of controllers they use for those fuckers like a spektrum dx9 is like 450 dollars alone. crazy shit

I wonder, will horizon 3 support G25?

very interesting input. Anybody else have thoughts on belt driven vs ball bearing wheels. I am in fact looking for a realistic and heavy duty feeling wheel instead of a dinky and unrealistic feel

Yeah, I wouldn't classify anything logitech makes as high-end. If you have the cash, get the best stuff you can.

Logitech G27 is pretty much the best desu

Here is a demonstration vid I made a few years ago of my G27. It is still going strong (mostly) however the H shifter is now worn out and won't signal the gears properly. Not the end of the world, though - I mainly use the paddle shifters anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=3ZzdkgTBmVM

I love my G27.

This user is right. If you have budget for something better, then do it, but the G27 if you aren't a richfag.

Buy a used G27. The G25 is good, but the gear box is noisy. I hear the G27's belt drive system is much quieter.

Alternatively don't do this because it's way less fun than actually driving a car.

Where can you regularly find even rebuildable cars for 100 dollars?

You're buying into a hobby. Dropping $400 on a hobby is nothing where you're potentially spending thousands. You've already done it. Dropping $3000 on a PC?

How do you write pepper on ebay?
Is that a new emoticon?

Don't listen to these dipshits OP:
They will have you finance your house to get a "good"(in their mind) simulator controller.
You don't need that unless you're a fucking company like Ford or the Army.

any suggestions otherwise homie?

DS3

Take a look at thrustmaster wheels also. They use belts instead of gears for force feedback which is supposedly better.
Also if you just want to play forza and other arcade-sims don't bother. Wheels are only good for actual sim games like Dirt Rally / Asseto Corsa / iRacing.

I have the g25 pictured. I've had it for a long time, like 8 years maybe. It's been great. However, it doesn't work on ps4 so keep that in mind if you were thinking about getting a used one.

Yep, although if you can spring the extra dosh to get a thrustmaster tr500s I recommend it. Otherwise the G27 is the sweet spot