T E N

T E N

M I N U T E S

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cd4-UnU8lWY
support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/24717/windows-8-1-windows-server-2012-r2-update-history
reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/4tzp6c/psa_looks_like_were_getting_an_enterprise_ltsb/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=cd4-UnU8lWY

My speccy for reference

should I do it?

>he downgraded to windows 10
ayy lmao

no stay cucked loser

You can't ever completely disable windows 10 telemetry.
Microsoft is actively pushing towards making this ever harder to do as well - see the recent group policy change (which really insidiously simply ignores user settings altogether, without notifying the user in any way) for example.
You should not support this operating system.

daawww :(

S I X T Y

S E C O N D S

It's over, and we insiders got out of it a badge in the feedback hub, a fucking 8mb gif and wallapapers to celebrate. At least they aren't bad.

Anniversary update when?

August 2 iirc

only got 10 minutes to save the world

Its a shit wallpaper m8.

>not using linux in 2016

kys

I did it.

It's a fucking broken mess.
This will take me weeks of modding to get to look right, but I know my shit will always be unclean.

>using linux in 2016

kys

>those shitty meme wallpapers microsoft keeps pushing
yikes

Yeah, the gif is even more cringe.

>wangblows unironically

die

when will they stop

the cake is a lie

xd

This is what happens when old white people try to be down with da urban yoof.

You can 'upgrade' back to your previous system and always have the option to downgrade back to 10.

That's what I did.

Also I recommend everyone on Sup Forums with the knowledge to just run Windows 10 in a xen garden. Best of both worlds.

So can I turn back on updates on Windows 8 when this shits over?

>installed w10 LTSB over a year ago
>turn off telemetry with Shutup10
>install ClassicShell for W7 start menu

>no apps
>no store
>no feature updates
>only security updates

>works and looks better than 7

Deal with it nerds.

Now what? End of the world didn't happen like Sup Forums predicted it would

Microsoft is actively pushing towards making this ever harder to do as well - see the recent group policy change (which really insidiously simply ignores user settings altogether, without notifying the user in any way) for example, and they will surely keep breaking things in the future.
Even if you yourself are not concerned about the data collection, you still expose information about your friends and family via Microsoft's aggressive data collection methods.
You should not use, support or endorse this operating system.

>he thinks he has control over his closed source operating system
>he ACTUALLY thinks the telemetry is disabled

top kek, winbabbies everyone. Using an OS that you have no idea what is doing on your machine, lol!

if you wanted w7, why did you installed w10?

You can use cleaner to BTFO all apps in all win10 versions, even the store and the shit xbox thing.

That's adorable you actually think you turned telemetry off.

Literally impossible. They even updated the Enterprise """""disable""""" telemetry group policy in the November update to make it clear that it still sends some data. But then you won't have seen that, because you didn't and won't get the November update due to being on LTSB, despite the fact that you can turn mainline Enterprise into LTSB with ten minutes in Powershell, to enjoy all the benefits without being stuck on a buggy, year old launch build.

>talking about telemetry from his botnet phone

>Left my password manager in my windows.old folder
>Didn't back it up before updating
Well this is going to be fun.

LTSB 2016 is around the corner bringing you apps and cortana on 2 August (; enjoy

>i don't know what ltsb means

Ok kid.

ITT nerds who can't deal with it.

i have 2 hours left on my Coundown, I'm not logging back on to my windows box until tomorrow, I hope that the stupid thing will be gone forever and not some "Now available for $119" junk.
Now that I think about it, I've gotten used to having the stupid thing there and maybe a piece of me will be missing if/when it disappears...maybe i should install..........

there will be an update for LTSB on August 2016, mandatory if you want future updates. The next one will be on August 2019. KMS servers have already ben updated to activate LTSB 2016. LTSB 2015 is officially obsolete at this point.

>weaboo who doesn't know how windows 10 works

>Using nerd as an insult unironically

if you install the notificaton is also gone.. it's time to say goodbye

support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/24717/windows-8-1-windows-server-2012-r2-update-history

reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/4tzp6c/psa_looks_like_were_getting_an_enterprise_ltsb/

> This update extends support of the Key Management Service (KMS) for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012, in order to enable the activation of clients running Windows 10 Anniversary Update-based long-term servicing branch (LTSB) and Windows Server 2016 clients, when they become available.

> In addition to installing this update on the KMS Host, a KMS generic volume license key (GVLK) that is designed to support the Windows 10 Anniversary Update-based LTSB or Windows Server 2016 clients also needs to be installed.

> It is important to note again that not all feature upgrades will have an LTSB. The initial release of Windows 10, published in July 2015, has an LTSB and Microsoft expects to designate one additional feature upgrade in the next 12 months for long-term support. After that, Microsoft expects to publish feature upgrades with long-term servicing support approximately every two to three years.

>

my grandfather has an old netbook he uses for the internet. He asked me about updating to Windows 10, because "the thing keeps telling me to". So he goes ahead and tries it anyway, says it can't install because he doesn't meet the requirements...but the popup will not go away. Microsoft KNOWS he can't run the OS because it knows the hardware and KNOWS it can't work...YET still the popup presists

>retard gets btfo
>responds with anime shit
Every time. A solid link between anime and serious mental deficiencies.

argh. so conflicted, if I DO i'm gonna get cucked by microsoft...if I DON'T then I'm gonna get depressed for being one of the few people NOT being cucked.

Microsoft is actively pushing towards making this ever harder to do as well - see the recent group policy change (which really insidiously simply ignores user settings altogether, without notifying the user in any way) for example, and they will surely keep breaking things in the future.
Even if you yourself are not concerned about the data collection, you still expose information about your friends and family via Microsoft's aggressive surveillance methods.
You should not use, support or endorse this operating system.
The spyware has been backported to Windows 7 as well. You can much more easily remove it though - all it takes is uninstalling the related updates.
You can find out which via a quick google search for 'telemetry updates for windows 7 and 8.1', and then hiding them in Windows Update.
Don't forget to check for these every month or so, as Microsoft can push out new updates anytime that can reinstall the spyware.

deal with your various malwares first

what is this then?

Any Microsoft Pajeets care to explain this bullshit?

replied to wrong poster

meat to reply to him

>install Windows 10 and turn off all the windows 10 "features", and install a W7 start menu
While you did all of that and wasted probably a couple of hours, I was using the original thing, Windows 7. I guess for some people, time is free and can be thrown away.

so happy it's finally over.
now to sit back on my comfy machine that will continue to be able to run every program that is released in the next 5 years while i watch windows 10 fall apart and all its users desperately try to justify their subscription and inability to even open system folders anymore

I want to update then revert just so I can have the digital key if I need it in the future. I'm trying to make a system image to revert to just to be safe, but I'm getting problems with Macrium Reflect saying that I need to run chkdsk. However, that takes many many hours, and I don't have the time.

If I update and revert with the standard revert option Windows 10 provides, what're the odds that I'll lose/corrupt some data?

>it's a ninja because microsoft sneakily installed it on your PC

lol, eventually microsoft is going to hold your files for ransom if you don't pay their subscription fees

>thinking anything you do in control panel matters on windows 10

LO

It's a feature.

Even if Cortana is disabled and turned off it's still an integral part of Windows 10 so it needs to run anyway despite the user not being able to or wanting to use it

yeah, i forgot it's not macOS for a second

>It's a feature.
ah, brilliant.

Cortana is used for search. Turning it fully off means you have no search functionality.
Feel free to do that.

>thinks mactoddlerOS is any less of a botnet
lmao

>he thinks amazon-systemd is any less of a botnet

I liked LTSB but no netflix :(

Stop uninformed posting with my waifu. Wireshark your computer if you really think the botnets is off.

Still have 9 hours, the fuck are you talking about

where r u

in the past

East coast, US

Cortana is literally a NSA experiment.
They can now get more data for free because 99% of the people will leave it on and don't know how to turn it really off.

Only backwards paranoid tinfoil hat luddites don't install Windows 10
Micosoft spent BILLIONS on creating it and it shows. It's simply the best operating system ever conceived by man.

>*fart*
Sniff SNIFFFFFF
hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Shill harder senpai

if you aren't being ironic i know you're not paid to care or reply to me but just know that windows 10 is a piece of shit and the most regettable thing i or anyone i know have tried since vista

It's probably just too complex for a novice use like yourself. This is understandable but once you grasp the full potential of The Cloud, your life will never be the same again.

should I have been running windows update on my cracked windows 7? I just turned it off years ago when I installed it

do I really miss anything besides win10 exclusive games?

W-what's happening

Throw files at clouds will work trust me

>do I really miss anything besides win10 exclusive games?
You’re already an expert with the familiar Start menu, task bar, and desktop. Live tiles provide streaming updates of what matters most, instantly.

Windows 10 is designed to be compatible with the hardware, software, and peripherals you already own. And always-enabled updates help you stay current on features and security for the supported lifetime of your device.

Gaming just got even better with Windows 10. Not only do your existing games work great, but now you can play and connect with gamers across Xbox One and Windows 10 devices. From the best casual games to a new generation of PC gaming, Windows 10 is built for games you love.

Microsoft Edge is the all-new browser that helps you go beyond browsing and get more done on the web. Experience the thrill of writing or typing directly on webpages. Clear away distractions from your online articles. And, with Cortana enabled, you can instantly move from searching to doing.

Windows 10 gives you absolutely the best experience for doing what you do. Stay focused with easy ways to snap apps in place and optimize your screen space for getting things done. See your open tasks in a single view and create virtual desktops to gain space or group things by project, like Office apps for work and games for play.

I haven't played much with it but 10 seems pretty much the same as 7/8.1
I'll take their "free" update to a slightly more botnet OS

Looks like it has diferent times for each timezone or something like that, because I think I have like 5 hours or something like that. I even have one computer updating rigth now

>linux
If one makes the presumption that the modern IT is all about the internet, then you have to ask yourself
'Does Linux even have a choice in this matter ?'

A modern computing system is not one that is run from the command line - it is a system that is tied in with the internet Cloud. Just have a look at Windows 10 with Cortana and OneDrive for an example of this done right.

You need the outlook to connect in with the mass of email flowing around us every day. And then there is document collaboration - the sharing of Wordfiles and Excels between users across state boundries ! Voice over IP, cloud enabled 'Surface' computing, and voice command interfaces - all tied together with .NET and the OneDrive.

The driving force behind this internet is the Microsoft Sharepoint Server - a central peice of systems software which connects all these end points together, in a synergistic kaleidoscope that achieves both balance and symmetry.

The smart Vendors know that in order to get ahead in the future IT, that means integrating with the Cloud.

Linux has nothing on the Cloud.

This is actually the perfect social engineering that M$ did to convince people to upgrade because it's free right and the same OS.

The cloud is a big meme and just servers in various datacenters somewhere.

8==D~~~~

so you are being ironic, just making sure. even people who have tech jobs with the cloud recognize how dog shit it is outside of business applications.

Dance thread?

i pity the fools who didn't take advantage the FREE upgrade. smhirl2bh

But linux is always free...

Sure why not

>kys

Back to youtube you go

t. bullshit

Are you calling Microsoft liars?

are you calling Microsoft honest?

Sure, if that's your secondary.

I'm an ultra retard, not up to date with technology and english is not my first language.
Can anyone please explain to me how bad telemetry is?

>Using an os that you spend more time diagnosing than using

I'd rather let the NSA see my hentai

where were you when windows became systemd

if you didn't notice the satire in the post accompanied by the image you're dumb