How To Build An OpenSource TouchScreen Tablet?

Okay, so I need to build a completely open source touch screen tablet, or one that uses a pen or some bullshit. I don't care, either way. I'm building a haunted house for this fall, and I just had a great idea :D

>Needs to be OpenSource
>Needs to be able to play video
>Need to be able to select which video to play
>Needs to be waterproof / shock proof.
>Needs to be rechargeable.

I'm going to mount it in a wall, so i'd love it if there's a way I could recharge it without having to remove it.. Maybe with a power bank or something? All it needs to do is play a few different video files based on the selection and that's it, so I'm not doing anything technical at all, really as far as software goes.

Can someone please help me? Also, since it's going to scare some shit out of people, I'll need it to be 100% water proof and shock proof or whatever once I have it mounted. Someone please help?

Other urls found in this thread:

elotouch.com/Products/LCDs/1541L/default.asp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-sale_doctrine#Limitations
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nice project you got there going.
But no one will help you here.
Ask on reddit, friend.

Thanks brother. :)

>not replacing your laptop keyboard with the screen and glueing a touchsensitive glass overlay
that's the only feasable way a tablet will work imo.

but even then it's just an oversized overglorified phone

Buy a $50 amazon fire tablet.
Flash what you want.
Put in water resistant case.
Kill yourself.
Blood doesn't destroy tablet.
Suicide note says :
I was homo

Anyone remember Sin/g/ularity?

Could I use something like this commercially without getting sued to death?

you mean like the iPads people use for business day in and day out?

Well, kind of.

I mean
how much detail do you want me to go into

>needs to be open source
Is this a requirement, or are you being autistic for absolutely no good reason?

Okay, so this is basically one thing I'm doing.

I'm creating a product that needs a touchscreen device to play videos. All I want people to be able to do is choose which video to watch. Think of it like a DVD menu.

Since I'll be incorporating this into a product and selling it, I need everything to be open source or whatever, so I don't get sued.

Please help me figure out how I could do this shit lol. I've been researching so much that my brain hurts.

I'm trying to make a prototype right now, but trying to figure out how I should do it.

Should I use a touch screen tablet?

Should I use a media switcher and a monitor or some shit?

Oh, I get it. You're fourteen and you are thinking of business ideas.
good luck with that.

>or whatever, so I don't get sued
You're basically barking up all of the wrong trees.

I'll be honest with you, this idea sounds stupid, because all you're trying to do is making a Samsung Smart TV with none of the financial backing.

Anyways, to your question, I'm going to answer things with a greater technical significance:
You want an actually manufactured product. I'm going to guarantee you that you don't have any of the expertise required to manufacture something so here's a company that makes Touchscreen LCDs.
elotouch.com/Products/LCDs/1541L/default.asp
Buy it from them, and sell it in a package containing whatever stupid secret squirrel product you're working on. Trust me, ELOTouch will not care, they're plenty happy just having their monitors being sold off.

The product I've listed (the 15" model) is made to be mounted in a public place for kiosk purposes. It has a very wide horizontal field of view (170 degrees) and a very wide vertical field of view (130 degrees), and splash resistant.
Which is what you want, because waterproof is a stupid buzzword that only gets used by people who want to be sued for false advertising.

Since it's designed for kiosk usage, it'll stand up to the wear and tear of the average retard wiping their disgusting hands on it.

Anyways fuck off. You got your answer. If you actually have any applicable skills, this is all you need to build your stupid vaporware.

Shut up newfag

Oh
I don't want to turn this into a shitposting thread, it's too funny for that, but you're making it easy to.

Just buy a touchscreen monitor and tape a Raspberry Pi and some batteries on the back,

Any recommendations on a monitor I could use commercially without being sued? I'm going worldwide, nigga.

Any fucking monitor, you retard.
Have you ever noticed how Apple and Dell don't literally make everything from scratch?
Because they buy monitors from fucking LG and Samsung.

Any monitor? It's not like they can sue you for using a product you bought. As long they get their money they don't give a fuck what you do with it.

You want to fight?

So you're telling me I could buy a Visio, reprogram the insides, put an outer shell around that bastard, and resale it?

Yes.
It would be the least cost-effective solution if you bought it from a reseller, but It's not like you have any business sense anyway.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-sale_doctrine#Limitations
You can do whatever the fuck you want with a product once you buy it. Rentals don't count.
You cannot reverse engineer and clone a product. You can reverse engineer and improve a product (and then patent that improvement)

We all know that's a pipe dream for you though.

rPi-3 + some big TFT touch screen panel or some shit = just what you're looking for

Why do you guys keep making fun of me? I never said I was an expert that's why I'm looking for help.

I appreciate you guys helping me, even though you call me stupid in every reply lol

You're an "idea guy".
Idea guys are a dime a dozen, and all idiots.

Oh...

I hate how dejected your post is, it's killing me. You're like a puppy.
Take this bit of biased bullshit and go play.

What does dejected mean?

you're a fucking riot, you know that?
dejected
de·ject·ed/dəˈjektəd/
adjective
sad and depressed; dispirited.

I just don't know why you're mad at me.