His main machine is a laptop

>His main machine is a laptop

desktop masterrace

>has a high-end desktop PC
>only shitposts on Sup Forums with it
I bet 90% of people here could use a Raspberry Pi as their primary computer and hardly see a difference.

>He's so insecure about himself he needs to act superior over desktop vs laptop

>plug laptop into hub
>becomes desktop
Thunderbolt 3 is magic. The only thing I can't do is GPU shit I don't do anyways. I could even get an external GPU enclosure if I wanted to.

Why should I have a desktop?

>implying not tablet master race

>He saves gifs from tumblr

I used to think people who used a laptop as their main machine were retards, but then I got a job where I'm traveling basically all the time and now my desktop just sits at my house and only gets used by my roommate.

I found out the hard way you get questioned way harder at customs when you try to bring your whole rig through as opposed to a laptop. Putting it in a bag just makes it worse when it goes through the xray machine, and when you say you're just going away for work, the first question asked is "well what do you need that for?", and if you say "video games", it just leads to a million more questions.

>posting a loser
>having shit opinions

seems about right

>implying smartwatch without smartphone isn't better

>Using a trip on an anonymous imageboard

>if you say "video games"
YOU MEAN THE VIOLENT SATAN SIMULATORS THAT BREED SERIAL KILLERS AND TERRORISTS!?

desktop = computer

laptop = smartphone

Laptop is convenient and you can take it anywhere. Besides, you're going to use it to shitpost on a russian BBS, so there is no difference.

>not taking his phone and a bluetooth mouse/keyboard/aircast/usbmini2hdmi to view it on any screen everywhere
it's like you hate the fact that cheap as fuck yet almighty powerful phones exist

laptops are deprecated as fuck and have been for years and years now

desktop = computer
laptop = computer
smartphone = computer
dumbphone = computer

only because upgrading to W10 bricked my desktop

Price/performance is why gaming PCs won't be replaced by laptops + eGPUs for a while. Personally I prefer my Chromebook + gaymen PC. My Chromebook costs less than an eGPU enclosure for now, plus my gaming machine isn't limited to a mobile CPU with shitty cooling. Maybe the situation will be different in a few generations.

are ALL dumbphones computers though?

Yes

>he plays gaymes
>he doesn't have a build server
>he doesn't use any expansion cards but a GPU
>he's never heard of a dock

it depends how far you take "dumbphone", even the shittiest cell phone at least has a microcontroller in it

Pretty much, you basically want to blend in and look as normie as possible in airports, and a laptop/slick laptop bag fit the bill

well, I have an s6, and I cant play any of the games I want to play on my phone that I can on my laptop. My laptop has comparable performance to a ps4/xbone but with a much better frame rate on any game out right now (and I kind of cheaped out, you can get some really sick laptops with very respectable performance if you're willing to drop 2~ grand). Hotel rooms get boring bro, you can only watch so much netflix, and I dont want to end up like my alcoholic coworkers who just spend every single night in the hotel bar wasting all their money

>falling for the desktop meme
>falling for the gaming meme

boy I'm sure glad I didn't

>spend every single night in the hotel bar
I fucking love when someone's "hobby" is drinking and they make jabs at me for pleyan geimus. Like damn I wish I was as grown up and cool as you my man.

>can't fucking read for shit
Reread his post, you illiterate fuck.

>tfw i use an IDE/PATA controller card so that i can use my 3.5" floppy disk with my LGA 1150 motherboard

can't let go of the past, as long as it remains possible I will keep this device in my case and operational. [spoiler]even if i lost all my disks long ago[/spoiler]

its fun sometimes, but I dont see the point of doing this shit if I'm just gonna be breaking even. Traveling for work sounds exciting, but the novelty wears off very quickly and it basically just becomes about the money

Im pretty sure he was using the royal "you my man", not really directing it at me

>he uses win10

lmao.

you're not actaully supposed to watch netflix you fucking retard. you're supposed to leave it on in the backround while fucking whores, like the million other idiots who were in the bed you're sleeping in had done every night prior to your arrival...

Oh I've definitely gotten laid while on work trips before (never paid for sex though), but you can't just be banging whores for 21 straight days every travel cycle

>his device has a screen
ipod shuffle master race reporting in

Yeah, I'm posting this from my bed. Try doing that with your desktop, son.

I used to post from my bed with my desktop all the time. Will be again once I move

You can remote into a workstation with a laptop. Much more convenient.

>$CURRENT_YEAR
>still using a huge loud box with cables coming out of it occupying a whole corner of your place
Get with the times gramps