Does anyone else get a lot of display driver has stopped responding with Windows 10 & AMD?

Does anyone else get a lot of display driver has stopped responding with Windows 10 & AMD?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamersnexus.net/news-pc/2536-do-not-use-amd-16-7-3-driver-corruption-and-crashes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you should have gotten a warning that amd doesn't work with windows 10

I got it all the time with Intel integrated. Finally found an older version of the driver that worked. Win10 is a piece of shit.

what linux distribution is this, it's pretty ugly desu

Make sure that Windows 10's automatic driver updates aren't enabled. It is not the same thing as automatic patch updates. I have an Nvidia card, but Windows *will* replace your video driver with a MS version.

I get it whenever I play dota. I have to restart every time it happens. -25 mmr.

I get the same thing whith my gtx 670 on both W7 and W10

unstable OC does that

>windows

Yeah, used to all the time on my r9 290, sold the fucker and upgraded to a 970 with almost no extra cost

Been getting a lot of "Windows has blocked this program from accessing graphics hardware"

Been updating my drivers but no luck so far.
Using an old Gtx 660

Same shit with an Intel HD on Win 7

Help me dude, what version?

Try using Display Driver Uninstaller to completely remove the drivers and then reinstall, worked for me

Currently on 20.19.15.4454. I think it was an old version from the manufacturer.

i got it a few times with my gtx 770 a few months ago. but it has since stopped.

based AMD warning you about the botnet

What's your cpu?

>amd
>drivers
pick one

>Xeon

Well, fuck.

6700hq

>Skylake

Haswell here, thanks anyway.

No. The only time I've ever seen that is when I push the overclock on my card.

>tfw my 680 would randomly crash from driver problems no matter what
>get an r9 290
>it does the same thing
W H Y
H
Y

Maybe it's your mobo

Maybe it's your psu

use DDU and reinstall drivers
I had AMD driver crash once on w10, last october.

it does that regardless of the os

amd has known about it since at least 16.3

Not a single one, currently on 16.7.2
Win 10 actually sped up the time it took to open Crimson, on 8.1 it took like 5 seconds before it would open, now it's instantaneous

Change AMD with Nvidia and it's almost a daily occurrence.

Is your card not OC'ed?

Nope. Overclocked Fury here and the only crash or issue I've had is fucking Assassin's Creed Syndicate red screening and rebooting my PC, which is a known issue listed in the driver release notes. Fucking shitty Ubisoft trash PC ports. Glad I pirated it.

Happened to me shortly after release, but with NVidia. I just kept up to date and it became a lot less frequent

You can't ever completely disable windows 10 telemetry.
Microsoft is actively pushing towards making this ever harder to do as well - see the recent group policy change for example.
Even if you yourself are not concerned about the data collection, you still expose information about your friends and family via Microsoft's aggressive surveillance methods.
You should not use, support or endorse this operating system.

The spyware has been backported to Windows 7 and 8.1 as well.
You can much more easily remove it though - all it takes is uninstalling the related updates.
You can find out which via a quick google search for 'telemetry updates for windows 7 and 8.1', and then hiding them in Windows Update.
Don't forget to check for these every month or so, as Microsoft can push out new updates anytime that can reinstall the spyware.

>10's automatic driver updates aren't enabled
didn't even know about this.
fucking win 10 loaded some wacky ass driver from 2012

>AMD
found your problem

Thank you Rajesh, 5 Rupees have been deposited to your GeForce Experience account, and a roll of toilet paper delivered to your desk.

I thought "Windows just werks"

I have a 390 which I have on for hours like a retard . No problems with driver crashes

Do you have the Battle.net Client installed?

After I disabled it it didn't crashed anymore. Many people on the Battle.net forum also report that this fixes it.

I've had this for a week on my old ass GTX 660, reinstalled windows 10, tried all kinds of different driver versions, still doing it.
Was time to change GPU anyway but still a pain in the ass

>amd
>drivers

KEK

gamersnexus.net/news-pc/2536-do-not-use-amd-16-7-3-driver-corruption-and-crashes

I used to get it a lot then reinstalled windows and drivers and it worked fine. Updated drivers and it came back so gave up. Just deal with it once ever few hours. Maybe a real driver wipe would fix it but too lazy.

Is it because of the 16.7.3 driver?

Recently moved to nvidia just because of the shit that is amd drivers.

>tfw read that as
>Recently moved to India

just because of the shit

or most likely shitty driver as I haven't OC'd a single thing in 7 years

Clean install Windows 10 and download the latest drivers. After you reseat and dust your card.

unstable OS happens because of driver incompatibility, check your Event Viewer and figure out why drivers crash, they usually don't crash on their own.

>he bought an AMD card

This desu senpai

Mine was disabled by default, but I turned it on, just to see, and a couple months later I get wonky gpu drivers.

Weirdly, the more obscure stuff, like my aging audio interface and off brand tablet monitor both got driver updates I didn't know existed, and improved functionality. Why the GPU drivers got fucked is anyone's guess

>off brand tablet monitor both got driver updates I didn't know existed
My almost 10 years old DVB-T receiver had no x64 drivers at all, so the last time I used it was in 2009 or so. But a few weeks ago I've found it and thought I'll look up some hacked/unofficial 3rd party driver or something and to my surprise Windows 10 automatically recognized it and installed a driver. Weird.

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

My driver dies when battle.net is open, fuck blizzard

and fuck my AMD card

For me Photoshop crashes when I try to enable GPU acceleration (R9 270x). It doesn't even detect the card. If i want accelerated graphics in any adobe software, i gotta disable my R9 270x, start the software, then enable it back. Then it runs on the integrated intel shit, but at least it works.

>windows 10
>AMD
Sage in all fields

Should've just bought nvidia

> Windows.

This meme needs to stop.

280x here. I used to get it occasionally regardless of OS (7, 8, 10), but in 10 if I run YouTube in fullscreen it's more likely to happen. (Maybe once every couple days on average)

I know Windows 10 overhauled their display stack so that might be exacerbating things.