Add a mouse/keyboard/monitor, why couldn't this replace a windows pc?

Add a mouse/keyboard/monitor, why couldn't this replace a windows pc?

Specialized software, but for anything that doesn't require heaps of processing/graphical power (AAA games, computational science, CAD) this can be fixed given enough time and interest. Many software packages that used to be clunky Windows installations are now moving to web/app-based platforms anyway. Linux apps can run in a VM on high-spec Android phones.

Someone will say botnet, but between Windows/OSX/Android, it's about choosing a favor of botnet, than avoiding it altogether.

Not nearly powerful enough to be usable. Plus why plug a phone to peripherals when laptops already exist?

I use my G3 as a second computer at my desk at work. I have a bluetooth keyboard and mouse hooked to it. Works great for casual use (shitposting on blocked sites, watching Netflix, messaging), but if you wanted to do any real work or seriously multitask it'd be a pain in the ass.

If you use your phone as your main device already anyway, no reason it wouldn't work.

I think that's the long term goal, senpai

They gotta take it to "Tony Stark dropping his phone on a table to connect to a hologram interface" levels before normies really make that concept take off.

We know Microsoft already dabbled in the phone/pc melding before.

You could definitely struggle by and live with it and still be productive, but it's certainly less than ideal.

Because it runs Lagdroid

Pic related is my Lagxus 5 running Ubuntu Touch over HDMI

Ask me anything

How

how much does it lag

Not at all, everything runs off the metal and very optimized (specially since the very latest revisions), the architecture is very well thought out
You can get it over ubports

Is there a chance the track could bend?

>mfw I installed currymod 13 on my galaxy s5
>it never lags
>there are no bugs
>everything is buttery smooth

The term lagdroid is a meme

That shit can even make calls properly, how?

>that pic
looks like possibly the absolute shittiest linux experience on the planet

ARM and Android for starters.

Not on your life my dead brain slob

What CPU is equivalent to a modern day flagship smartphone? Like, if I were to plug my phone into a 1080P TV. Which desktop CPU/GPU combo would it be equivalent to.

Let's start with a Snapdragon 820 for example. Would that be equal to... say. An early generation C2D?

wew

Ditto
>Asus ZF2
>Offical still on lagdroid 5.0
>even laggier with shitty proprietary Asus ROM
>CurryMod 12 rolls out
>CurryMod 13 rolls out
>AWWW YEAH

Pentium 4 and voodoo 2.

Because the nexus 6p is literally garbage I would know, I own one

He knows

Android has no stable VMs.

>Unity

>Unity
is awesome

>I've never seen the cyanogenmod gerrit discussions over my device
Enjoy running hardware support code made for other devices that are constantly throwing errors, because it was the first way they found the device would boot and never bothered to do a proper device implementation