So Sup Forums, if you wanted to replicate life, how you go about programming DNA? I need inspiration...

So Sup Forums, if you wanted to replicate life, how you go about programming DNA? I need inspiration, and a second opinion always helps

>inb4 start with a visual BASIC gui

You meet a nice girl and have sex after building a healthy relationship based on mutual respect for each other individuality.

You can't

Assembly

Man, bullshit. I mean, I get you probably couldn't have the same level of detail, but there's definitely some things you could do.

Genetic algorithms :^)

Create a amoeba then

Of course you can. We just don't know how yet, but we're getting much closer. We know a lot more about how DNA and RNA work these days, things like gene expression and how to use chemicals to switch genes on and off. Gene therapy is becoming a real thing and will be really huge in the future.

We can already clone shit from a single cell if we really felt like it. The stupid moral bullshit spewing idiots are the only thing holding it back. Someone needs to just clone a person in the name of progress, even if they get thrown in prison. Take one for the team in the name of progress, somebody.

Why? Why can't you chemically "assemble" each atom and then give it a little "push"?

I wholeheartedly agree.

You can't, not in this century.

>implying haven't cloned a person already

I doubt a Russian doctor didn't tb.h

That doesn't answer the question.

I seriously wonder if someone went and stole genetic material from some really famous/rich dude and cloned him, then told the media about it, what would happen? The shitstorm would be fucking delicious. It's not like they can kill the innocent child.

Nigga, shit is so complex you can't put it on a PC yet. Also cloning != writing generic code on PC

Assembly. Happy?

agreed, it is a bit off topic. And of course this couldn't be done on a pc, it would have to be some sort of cluster. Although, that does raise the question of how big a cluster.

I know that, but it's all interrelated. We have to first be able to copy the existing properly and understand exactly how it works before we try to make shit from scratch, don't you think?

We're already making new lifeforms by splicing genes from one creature into another. Doctors have started taking harmless bacteria and putting genes into them that make them fight off other shit or secrete the chemicals they want them to.

This can work, see Dolly.

Bacterias are not more alive than computers

sticky fingers problem