FUCK I MISSED MY FREE UPGRADE

FUCK I MISSED MY FREE UPGRADE

What an I going to do now???????

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade
ghacks.net/2016/07/29/you-can-still-grab-a-free-windows-10-upgrade-after-july-29-2016/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Daily reminder for win10 threads

You can't ever completely disable windows 10 telemetry.
Even if you try to filter it off at the router level, you're still fucked if you use more than your home connection.
Microsoft is actively pushing towards making this ever harder to do as well - see the recent group policy change for example.
Even if you yourself are not concerned about the data collection, you still expose information about your friends and family via Microsoft's aggressive surveillance methods.
You should not use, support or endorse this operating system.

The spyware has been backported to Windows 7 and 8.1 as well.
You can much more easily remove it though - all it takes is uninstalling the related updates.
You can find out which via a quick google search for 'telemetry updates for windows 7 and 8.1', and then hiding them in Windows Update.
Don't forget to check for these every month or so, as Microsoft can push out new updates anytime that can reinstall the spyware.

You still may become the first autist who actualy bought win 10.

Install linux.
The moment I started getting popups to upgrade, I thought fuck it. It's an operating system with built in obsolescence, no other OS slows down with time. God knows why the fuck anyone actually uses wangblows.

Wait for them to extend the offer :^)

try changing timzone to GMT -11 then click the upgrade offer.

install gentoo

Seems MS finally took the page down, but you used to be able to download any version of W10 you wanted from something called Tech Bench on their site. I'm sure they have legit isos hosted somewhere if you do some googling.

I've had w10 installed for awhile now, I just never activated it. Use a thing called Microsoft Tool Kit (can find Download on site called MyDigitalLife) and use it to get rid of the annoying watermark whenever it pops up.

Install GNU.

Download Win 10 Enterprise and activate it with.. shit I don't remember what I activated with but if you Google around a bit you'll find something. Good luck!

And yes, redditors, I'm advocating for software privacy. Deal with it.

Enterprise will be the first to get the subscription model.

Just realized I said privacy instead of piracy.

>"""free"""

Is there a reason you cant just pirate it and use some activator?

>I'm a privacy warrior!
>Muh ISP doesn't spy, it's all Microsoft!
>Muh cellphone isn't a pocket jew, it's all Microsoft!!!!

Yep it's all Microsoft...

good goy

Are the Enterprise and Education editions any more save from the botnet?
How about the Enterprise LTSB?

>What an I going to do now???????

Use a deprecated OS a while until it becomes impossible, and then pay for win 10.

Download Solus OS and enjoy the best linux-based distro ever.

FUCK!
I completely forgot!

Yes you can that's what I did on my new build

>muh privacy

kill urself u nerd

go play your video games

Shalom!

you can still upgrade:

microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade

Install gentoo

They left this loophole though so they didn't have to backtrack publicly:

ghacks.net/2016/07/29/you-can-still-grab-a-free-windows-10-upgrade-after-july-29-2016/

>ISP doesn't spy
>not using a ssh tunnel

lgbt is the best one when it comes to spying.

i had an upgrade but an update corrupted and fucked up my install partition. I went onto a torrent site and got an install ISO with the build 1511 update, and activation in the installation process. much better!! after that, i did the usual uninstalling of unnecessary crap, disabling all i could in telemetry, as well as disabling a lot of processes, and it runs decently on an old potato PC i have

they made it clear that it was pegged at 6AM EST.

do you know how incompetent they'd have to be to be fooled by local time? they'd have to be you.

one rupee for your poopie, pajeet.

>tfw you upgraded to macOS

Why did you miss it OP?

It's literally shoved in your face every time you turn on your computer that the free upgrade offer ends on the 29th