What OS do you use?

What OS do you use?

strawpoll.me/10870211

sauce

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Windows

BSD

>What OS do you use?
why

n-no reason

Debian GNU

how can I find out?

GNU

>Falling for the data mining meme
>Thanks, no thanks NSA

I hope you guys forge your user agent at least.

i voted OSX but i dont use it

Do you actually have a hotkey mapped to where that paragraph is printed out....

What if I use both Windows and Linux ?

every ganoo linucks install comes with a combination where it pastes that when u do it. kinda like the konami code for faggots

Windows Vista

Go to your local club.

so many windows here

I once went to a club in Taiwan, even an autistic fuck like me managed to hook up with two girls just because I'm tall and white. Truly amazing.

How is it user?

Pretty gud. Almost the same as 7. Been using it for years.

So many Sup Forumsermin

Your OS a shit!
A SHIT
S
H
I
T

>6% OSX

Sup Forums is a lot less faggy than I expected.

I use those 3 fuck you.

Windows 7 and Debian.

>thinking that most people here aren't poorfags

>he thinks owning a mac makes you rich
keep projecting faggot

>he thinks saying that windows and linux users are poorfags means that mac users are rich
keep being poor and dumb, faggot

>he thinks there is only rich and poor
He's not saying owning a Mac makes you sooper rich, just that not owning a Mac means you're too poor to afford one.

>voted for Windows
>use OSX
Who /devilish/ here?

>no BSD option
>not even an other option
Your poll is shit

>over 50% Windows
I want Sup Forums to leave.

Why would Windows and Linux users be poorfags? People who know nothing about computers won't necessarily bother to invest for a premium priced device and people who use Linux can be very idealistic who don't have options in Microsoft and Apple product lines. There's only the third segment who want to pay premium but aren't computer idealists and they are the ones who can buy Macs. They can also buy other computers that have the same price but Apple has their brand so deeply constructed that premium paying customers often go to them.

There are others as well, who would pay premium but want to use Linux. These are not well catered. It's pretty dumb to buy Apple just so you'll wipe the OS, it's not tuned to Linux use.

>people think GNU / Linux is the best OS
>people think Windows is the best OS
>people think OSX is the best OS

Who gives a shit? It's all user preference.

Who's the hotty?

>It's 2016
>not using plan9 or 9front

>no templeos
kill yourself cia nigger

In spirit your point might be correct but I'd say the number of people who fit to this criteria is probably neglectable. Being on Sup Forums should hopeful prevent people from complete ignorance (Sup Forums crowd notwithstanding) and the amount of actual idealists who also tend to speak with their wallet is generally low; so the non-poor Linuxfags who want to use it are probably the most significant group ... but probably still too small too matter overall.
Besides, statistically macfags do earn more.

>These are not well catered. It's pretty dumb to buy Apple just so you'll wipe the OS, it's not tuned to Linux use.
Not any less than a typical Windows laptop sans some exceptions; though it's indeed a suboptimal solution.

B-but bantz...

Uhhh...
>Listening unironically Mac Demarco

FUCKING CUNT

>there are more windows users on Sup Forums than linux users
>2k16
I hope hiroshima will nuke this board for good or merge it with Sup Forums

Your autistic tears are delicious.

Frankly since it has no captcha, I'm amazed one of you faggots hasn't spammed the poll yet.

Your Vote has been Counted!

You have already voted on this poll.
Go To Results

>say i suck white cock
>it's actually nigger cock
Who /devilish/ here?

As every single poll before has shown, 50% use Windows with 30ish% using Linux and OSX taking the leftovers. This has been done dozens of times with the same results.

where's the option for *BSD :(

therefore actual non-pleb os is os x

Linux is a kernel not an OS

Linux is also the term for operating systems based on said kernel.

"Linux based" is the term not simply "Linux"

No, the term is Linux. Did you forget your autismo meds today?

you might have forgotten yours

I don't need any, I'm not autistic.

thats what autists say

linux is a kernel

os x doesn't even exist, it's called macOS

windows is a kernel

op is a faggot

>op is a faggot
Hey, I'm not op.

>windows is a kernel
your mother is a kernel
Windows' kernel is NT you shitlord

then why is Linux kernel?

I've actually been tested, I'm not.

Mac OS hasn't been released, it's OS X. Even so, Mac OS is just OS X with a different name

OS X is just Mac OS X with a different name
Mac OS X is Mac OS version 10...

>OS X is just Mac OS X with a different name
No fucking shit
>Mac OS X is Mac OS version 10
Not really, Mac OS was an entirely different thing.

according to apple it is (it's just naming scheme though)

This desai sempu.

Regardless of the semantics OS X will still exist after "macOS" becomes a thing. The previous 12 versions aren't just going to up and disappear.

OS X = Mac OS X = Mac OS 10
Therefore it's right to say Mac OS X or Mac OS

Can you actually use Linux if you have a job?

I'd really like to but I can't deal with shit like Excel imploding because Wine is garbage.

You're fucking retarded

lol no

install os x

I'm not gay.

Isn't Excel in the browser now, or is that some dumbed down version? I don't use Excel much. Also Wine works better and better all the time, it's not the same thing it was years ago. Some people remember their past experiences with it and haven't tried it recently.

Then there's the hacky option where you have a VM inside Linux where you run all the Windows-only programs. They can be ran in Seamless mode so you see them on your host desktop. It's something but a bit wrong anyway.

xDDD u sure got me

>OS X
it's macOS reeee

No it's OS X you fucking retard

Because Linux is only the base. Hence why there are different DE and such.

it's Mac OS

That's M$ 365, a subscription based cancer. The problem isn't really that Wine is bad as a whole, but the only Excel with decent Wine support is archaic. If I was making a botnet VM I'd probably just be using that all the time which sort of defeats the purpose.

objectively you should say Mac OS X

Unless one uses the beta, and few do, it's still OSX.

1-0 Atheists.

It's OS fucking X

>objectively
I don't think you understand what the word means.

everything up to 10.11 is "OS X".
it's called "macOS" from 10.12 and onward.

if he was recommending installing a beta, then the correct word is "macOS". otherwise, "OS X".

also, if you need to be this argumentative about something so trivial, please notify your company's HR that you're autistic and might come in to shoot up the whole office one day over the pronunciation of graphics interchange format images

>Excel
Pencilpusher pls

At least you could cut the botnet after it has done its job and you want to just browse the web and stuff like that. It's not ideal and there's no point in convincing you because of that. You should use what you need to use.

Shut up, you costume-jewelry-wearing fucking queen.

youre mom

Only 10.8-10.11 versions are OS X. Others are Mac OS X (ten) or Mac OS (and the family should be called Mac OS)

Assblasted Sup Forumsermin detected

your mom is a kernel user

Not really, but I either do the accounting myself or hire Mister Goldenstienberg to do it for me. If I was using it day in and day out I'd definitely kill myself, don't worry.

Yeah, I figured as much. I just really want to be convinced one of these days. I hope it's soon enough that I can escape.

Libre office just werks for all the excel shit I've encountered.

Pretty sure you can download it on Windows to test

When will freetards give it an acceptable UI already.

It's OS X because it will never have beyond X% of the total market-base.

This.

Stop trying to use Microsoft software on Linux, just learn how to use the subtly different software natively available.

Not sure if failed joke or failed 5th grade.

Latin number jokes are way over your 5th grade education.