Now the upgrade is over, I'm curious to know if anyone has Windows 7 or 8.1 still and did not upgrade to Windows 10

Now the upgrade is over, I'm curious to know if anyone has Windows 7 or 8.1 still and did not upgrade to Windows 10.

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I know a few who did.
They will have fun paying 100 bucks in a couple years when their OS is fully obsolete.

The irony of them thinking 7 and 8.1 dont have spyware is palpable.

Still on XP.

Everyone will jump to linux when windows 7 and 8.1 are fully deprecated.

I am still on 7. I don't see a reason to upgrade

i hear 7 is at least supported until 2020 or more

7 = New XP

You can't ever completely disable windows 10 telemetry.
Even if you try to filter it off at the router level, you're still fucked if you use more than your home connection.
Microsoft is actively pushing towards making this ever harder to do as well - see the recent group policy change for example. They _will_ break whatever workaround you use.
Even if you yourself are not concerned about the data collection, you still expose information about your friends and family via Microsoft's aggressive surveillance methods.
You should not use, support or endorse this operating system.

The spyware has been backported to Windows 7 and 8.1 as well.
You can much more easily remove it though - all it takes is uninstalling the related updates.
You can find out which via a quick google search for 'telemetry updates for windows 7 and 8.1', and then hiding them in Windows Update.
Don't forget to check for these every month or so, as Microsoft can push out new updates anytime that can reinstall the spyware.

Anybody who did not upgrade is dumb. There is a button in windows 10 called tablet mode which when you press it turns your computer back into the windows 8 style.

If you kept windows 8 you were just dumb.

see :)

>If you kept windows 8 you were just dumb.
>windows 8

if you even installed win8 you are dumb

Real men like win7

Why?

It's going to be the new XP and Microsoft might extend it for another two years or so just like XP.

I still have Windows 8.1

Im still using Windows 7 and completely ignored the free upgrade to Windows 10.

I love not having to deal with
>The app store
>Shitty settings menus
>Preinstalled candy crush
>Advertisements built into the OS
>Loss of control over updates
>Obscene amounts of phone home

When 7 stops working (it won't for a very long time) , I'll seek an alternative that doesn't have any of the above.

i'll switch to linux
fucking faggot windows

>FilterMe
>Added to whitelist
:^)

also, i upgraded to windows 10, and reverted it so i can have a free windows 10 upgrade whenever.

That's extended support for companies, mainstream support is already over.

I like how all the faggots on here post their DX12 benchmarks all the time yet DX12 is only on Win10. The hypocrisy.

On 7 for browsing the internet cpu usage stays below 13%. Tried 10 and simply browsing the internet the cpu usage would be 45% sometimes 64%.

Even if it's not spying. Having hardware under intense load when it's not needed can't be healthy over the lifespan.

now that's dedication

"Upgraded" to windows 10 last month then went back to windows 7. Now I can get Windows 10 on this motherboard anytime I want.

I have a W10 key but still on 8.1

Upgraded when it came out last year. Stayed on it up until last few months when it became more apparent what direction they're taking. Fuck this. I'm back on 7.

Probably dual booting and using it for gayman.

I'm on 7.

I saw no reason to upgrade to that Windows 10. I'm still running on Windows 7. All I saw was botnet written all over Windows 10 (Except running on Enterprise Edition).

Microsoft will do the offer again on Windows 11 or whatever they call on the next OS.

I was on Windows 10 for like a few weeks. Hated it. I'm on 7.

You don't get it. They are dropping the numbering or whatever comes after "Windows". It's just "Windows" from now on.

Me too.

Who cares about DX12 in this days. So poor yet.

You can't ever completely disable windows 10 telemetry.
Even if you try to filter it off at the router level, you're still fucked if you use more than your home connection.
Microsoft is actively pushing towards making this ever harder to do as well - see the recent group policy change for example. They _will_ break whatever workaround you use.
Even if you yourself are not concerned about the data collection, you still expose information about your friends and family via Microsoft's aggressive surveillance methods.
You should not use, support or endorse this operating system.

The spyware has been backported to Windows 7 and 8.1 as well.
You can much more easily remove it though - all it takes is uninstalling the related updates.
You can find out which via a quick google search for 'telemetry updates for windows 7 and 8.1', and then hiding them in Windows Update.
Don't forget to check for these every month or so, as Microsoft can push out new updates anytime that can reinstall the spyware.

I'm running Windows 2000

>Now that the upgrade is over
microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade
I knew this would happen.

My friend, if Microsoft continues to do that it will going to pay more crimes in to the judge.
Windows 7 no longer forced by Microsoft anymore.

I know this english is bad but take a read.

Microsoft returns to be processed by controversial

After paying $10,000 Dólars for forcing system upgrade, Redmond company is two new target lawsuits related to the platform upgrade.

Microsoft is facing two lawsuits because of their questionable tactics to stimulate the upgrade from Windows 10. Both seek the status of class actions.
The first was done in a Florida court and points to upgrade Windows 10 by Microsoft "violates the electronic ads laws unsolicited" as the paper reports The Seattle Times. The lawsuit also claims that the Redmond company's tactics go against the rules of the US Federal Trade Commission related to unfair and deceptive practices.
The second process was entered into on June Haifa, Israel, and accuses Microsoft to install Windows 10 on users' computers without authorization.
Remember that Microsoft has had to pay an indemnity of $ 10,000 in a similar process
In an interview with the Seattle Times, Microsoft said it believes these two new processes will not be successful.
The free upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7 users and 8.1 will be officially closed this Friday, 7/29, when the complete system a year on the market.

PS: FEEL FREE TO UPDATE WINDOWS 7 AT THE LAST VERSION AND REMOVE THE SHIT GWX.EXE from KB3035583.
Restart your PC.
Ignore this update.
Desactivate Windows Updates.
Use Spybot Anti-Beacon and DWS_Lite to block all options.
Ready to go.

FUCK YOU MICROSHIT!!!

wat

Crazy Microsoft as usual, bleeding like obama words to force hillary to be president. Troll Niggas working on microsoft in 5.. 4.. 3...

lol

This is what they said when XP went out the door.

It didn't happen.

yes, tho it's my secondary OS only

>Move to Linux
>I have hundreads of windows games

NAH!

lolno

>be me
>fuck up debian cause i haven't updated it in a year and apt-get wouldn't install anything
>say fuck it and reinstall windows from the factory lenovo back up disks (kind of havent done a bios update in 6 years anyway)
>completed the install at 12:01 today
>find out now w10
>also find out no w7 updates (just sits there "checking up dates")
>tfw completely dodged the botnet and all the bloat ware on my laptop is outdated or drivers for the hardware (scan your finger here goyim, easy unlock see)

You said it m8.

I didn't know windows had a built in flac converter that's p cool

There are no drivers for my drawing tablet for win 10 and no plans to make any so I didn't upgrade

>Drivers is not fault of Microsoft they said

Why i buy External Driver Discs?

Microsoft be trolling

Win7Ultimate 4 lyfe

Everyone who isn't a retard stayed on 8.1

>keep win7
>open source takes off as MS charge monthly subscriptions for an OS
>adopt Linux when it has support for everything
Im ready baby

>Be in the market for a work/school tablet for long time.
>MS pushing ARM and Windows RT, noooope.
>MS and intel cavalier as fuck pushing Atom devices.
>x86 finally, okay I'll bite now.
>Runs win8.1 very well.

Bought a Atom z2760 device thinking it would be supported for a reasonable amount of time. But instead they axed my OS, and the few of the great apps people used(health and fitness) even the third party ones(all the cooks). First Atom 2760 wasn't on the "upgradable" list. Then during a year of miffed consumer complaining Intel says it's MS's responsibility to make compatible drivers. After that, someone(intel?) finally puts out a required vid driver for us and it works unusably poor. MS has been abusing the Windows Update to essentially "crowdsource" beta testing and debug for their OS for over a year and still can't get it right on many devices.

Software has gotten so shekel-mongering that we're getting lower and lower quality experiences for the same or much more money and I wish our culture would reject that behavior.

This is the new Microsoft. If anything, they will cut the support period by two years instead. As far as they are concerned, anything that isn't Windows 10 is dead. Also see: Massive problems just trying to get Windows 7 to even update properly.

I hated Windows 10 and went back to 7. 7 works fine for me and if it isn't broken why fix it?

Plus, I like to use 1440x900 resolution because it's easier on my eyes and great for the many legacy games I play. But, when I scaled down my res in Win10, it added black bars on the sides and the picture looked squished. Using the size slider in the settings didn't solve my problem, either.

I don't like how it manages settings and devices either. The whole feel put me off. I do plan on using it in the late future when 7 is completely obsolete or unusable. Sad.

>when I scaled down my res in Win10, it added black bars on the sides and the picture looked squished. Using the size slider in the settings didn't solve my problem, either.
It probably installed the correct videocard driver for you automatically and you forgot to check there. Intel, AMD and NVidia all have their own seperate control panels for their display drivers ..

>I wish our culture would reject that behavior.
For the most part, they have. Android is immensely popular, and given away for free.

That's an iffy forcast. What could instead happen is that MS will not axe support for our older OS's to keep from losing market share from people now antsing to jump ship. There's significantly less reason to use MS as a software provider even before proving themselves willing to increase sales by segmenting their market and forcing some of those segments to gief more monies or else.

Software is becoming like US presidency. All the options suck and you have to live with the least of all evils.

I use w7 and xp for visual novels. w8.1 as main

Not if you block their host URLS and use firewall to block their domain services manually. Just find the URL & ip to block it

If not use peerblock or cryptostorm. Cryptostorm is free service but slow encryption cause it's really deep. Don't use TCP on it and use UDP. TCP is Transfer control Protocol while UDP is User Datagram Protocol.

What I'll most likely do is have Windows 8.1 for the majority of my games, Windows 10 for DX 12, and Ubuntu for my personal work. Is this a good idea, or will Windows 10's telemetry extend over to the Windows 8.1 partition?

Was on Arch as only OS for around a year after this Win10 shit started.
Then I decided to grab my Win10 copy in case I ever needed it for whatever reason. Let me tell you, it's great. It feels way more solid than a year ago. It feels stable and fast as shit. I'm not saying I'll abandon Arch, but rather I think I will be happy to get back to a dual boot.

But yeah, fuck the spyware.

>open source takes off
lol

Why cant you use higher than 7 for your VN memes?

I have Win7 still

I'm still using Win 7 but I'm tired of Microsoft stupid shit.

Right now I'm playing arround with Suse Studio and try to see if I can make my own Linux distro.

why should I explain it to a tech illiterate Sup Forumstard

This is the most pointless idea I've heard of in a long time.

> It's a store fronts episode

poo in loo

still on win7. i'm will wait a year-two and see what kind of shit MS will try to push in upcoming updates. if everything will be alright, will probably install LTSB N. I doubt it though.

if the games i play wouldn't have that much bugs on linux i wouldn't even boot up windows

My last update was in 2014, so no, I don't have spyware.
>paying for Windows
Kekeroni.

>so no, I don't have spyware.
you mean you dont have microsoft spyware. No doubt you have a boatload of malware that came in through your non patched system though.

(not an advocate of win 10 btw)

I tried W10 for about 15 minutes and switched back to 7. Any of this W8 pseudo-tablet shit is too much

>implying Windows hasn't had spyware since 98
Delusional.

This is pretty funny. Way to go Microsoft.

>Since XP

ftfy

My dad updated his laptop and suddenly it ran like shit
So i took heed and kept my Desktop on W7

I'm still on Windows 7 and I mostly use my computer for games.

Until a game comes out on DX12 that I can't miss (which will force me to dualboot) I rather bruteforce the performance than upgrading to W10. It's not even about the telemetry, it's about the bullshit way it forces Windows Store, incompatibility issues with older software (especially Japanese stuff), and the fucking forced updates that piss me off whenever I use my laptop which is running W10.

The advantages don't overweight the negatives. Even less so if Vulkan gets popular and kills the need for DX12. When I upgraded from XP to 7 I felt the changes and the advantages. There is just nothing for me on 10.

I upgraded to 10 yesterday to leave the option open in the future on my gay man PC, but im going to downgrade (upgrade) back to Windows 7 soon. Didn't even bother to do that on my laptop -- Intel integrated 4000 graphics aren't going to be doing DX12 any time soon.

Can you explain how does someone go to windows 10 again after going back ?

I'm still using Windows 7 but actively trying to make the switch to Linux. I will not be using Windows 10 unless I need to for a job.

>he fell for ZE VIRUSES meme
I intentionally disable security measures because they get in my way. No malware since 2010(probably more, this is simply when I bought my laptop).

Just run the upgrade again - your motherboard should be flagged as having purchased whatever version you got from upgrading. You can download the installation files again and run them if you already upgraded once without needing to key anything or whatever.

Hypothetically. Don't actually do it unless you really need to obviously.

hahaha, I'm not a retarded moron

I will wait it out and see what happens but the thing I will never do ever no matter what happens is buy/steal/install/sell/use windows 10

Windows 7 for the past 6 years.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

>being that desperate

just fire everyone and close the company

IT'S OVER

>upgrade to W10 if you're disabled
Mentally disabled. W10 user base in a nutshell.

Hey Sup Forums, is it safe now? Can I click this button without having to deal with all the bullshit our will MS starts annoying me about the about it till 2020?

Didn't update because my disks are full almost to the brim, and Microsoft nagging me to update is just plain obnoxious.

Also, would you pay for an OS that has ads and spies on you? that what will happen when Intel changes their sockets

I have i5-750 CPU on desktop, thats too old for Win 10.

But, truth to be told, I have copy of Win 10 Edu that I would probably dual boot wtih existing 7, once I get whole PC upgrade. Would be pointless to bind it to old motherboard now.

I did upgrade on my laptop with Win 8.1 N, tho, finally runs Pascal programs, that previously refused to even start, for some unknow reason (in before - I asked /sqt/ several times, never got reply, so probably they didnt knew either).

I have Win 10 on my work copmuter since two months and it was not that bad as I expected.

Aww yeah lad this will never ever die

im with you buddy

I wanted to upgrade, but it kept failing. I tried on thursday, and the download took 6 hours. I had to go to bed. When i woke up, my computer booted into win 10 recovery, and when I restarted, it just went back to win 7.

So here I am, on my one day off, trying to get win 10 to work, and it keeps getting stuck on "checking for updates". This is fucking retarded.

So I go to check my normal windows 7 updates, to see if there is a prep patch that I didnt get, and now I can't update windows 7. It will just keep "checking for updates" into forever. To make life better, all my sys restore points are gone.

Fuck win 10. I have 1 day off to unfuck myself, and I am not spending it sweating over shitty outsourced indian software.

bought a surface pro with windows 10 installed, didnt' like the botnet, reverted back to 8.1 pro. I should be able to get windows 10 anytimes I want now,.

>
>My last update was in 2014, so no, I don't have spyware.
Hahahaha that's cute

Right here. Because I use the dream spark windows 8.1 industry pro embedded os and the upgrade wasnt offered.