Tfw I currently have no upgrade path other than to suck the green cock

>tfw I currently have no upgrade path other than to suck the green cock.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.geforce.com/default/topic/939358/geforce-1000-series/gtx-1080-flickering-issue/
forums.geforce.com/default/topic/941579/geforce-1000-series/gtx-1080-high-dpc-latency-and-stuttering/
overclock.net/t/1605618/ongoing-pascal-latency-problems-hotfix-doesnt-work-for-everyone
forums.geforce.com/default/topic/951723/geforce-drivers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-368-95/
overclock.net/t/1607123/adoredtv-pascal-vs-maxwell-at-same-clockspeeds-same-flops-1080-vs-980-ti
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>needing to upgrade when you have a 290
stop being a consumerist cuck your card is fine for the next few more years

i'm riding my 770 into the ground, bruv. if you are only using 1080p, just stick with the 290

There's literally nothing wrong with a 290 and won't be in the near future. Overclock it more if you're bored.

Go team green because DX12+Vulkan is a meme

Hawaii will last until the ants take over the planet.

I have a 670, and I can get a second one for €100, and I checked benchmarks and SLi 670 is much faster than a 480.

I think I'll just cough up the cash for an overpriced 1070

buying nvidia is the equivalent of having a black man coming over to your house, ass rape you then hog tying you up while raping your wife.

then stealing the tv as he leaves and your wife laying there salivating for more brutal bbc.

what "AMD" card should I upgrade to then? see

Vega

either wait for vega or try out dual 480's in crossfire.

i just upgraded to dual 480's myself from my 660 ti. just waiting for them to ship from amazon.

always wanted to try multi-card and the 480's are cheap.

pascal is currently plagued by to many problems that reviewers are purposely ignoring.

forums.geforce.com/default/topic/939358/geforce-1000-series/gtx-1080-flickering-issue/
forums.geforce.com/default/topic/941579/geforce-1000-series/gtx-1080-high-dpc-latency-and-stuttering/
overclock.net/t/1605618/ongoing-pascal-latency-problems-hotfix-doesnt-work-for-everyone

even the hotfix driver didn't fix the latency and stuttering issue:
forums.geforce.com/default/topic/951723/geforce-drivers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-368-95/

pascal is just maxwell on a shrunken node too. its nothing special:
overclock.net/t/1607123/adoredtv-pascal-vs-maxwell-at-same-clockspeeds-same-flops-1080-vs-980-ti

"Bans". Oh wow.

>Vega
nonexistant
>dual 480
way too expensive (more than 1x 1070)

>a meme

So a viral phenomenon that evolves by natural selection, analogous to biological evolution? Neat. That doesn't sound so bad.

>tfw you bought a gtx 980 for $200

>nonexistant
What hot new releases do you need to play that a 290 can't handle before Vega is released? Deus Ex and Battlefield will run great on AMD cards due to being DX12 and there's fuck all else of value coming out this year in the AAA graphicsfest sector.

>290
read again. I'm also, I think I'll just go for a €300-€350 980Ti

then wait you retard, hell if you wanted to you could wait for navi then upgrade

>buying old nvidia cards
that thing is already on legacy drivers

>buying old Nvidia cards
You people never learn. Ditching my 780 a few weeks ago was a fucking joy.

>wait
I can't. I want to play Witcher 3, and I can only play it at 60fps on everything on minimum (@1080p, but my main monitor is 1440p), and the game looks like shit

Buying a 480 would be a massive upgrade from a 670

>he doesnt have the Vapor X

how does it feel being so bad?

nope. buying a second 670 = way faster than 480, and way cheaper.

>mfw i have a 760 suffering with 3 monitors
>thing is suffering trying to play games on 2560x1080
>never goes idle cause 3 monitors
>theres no game interesting enough to make me upgrade

Guess im waiting until black friday or something

>>theres no game interesting enough to make me upgrade
>what is Witcher 3

>bruv
GTFO seriously.

Buy a Fury Nitro for the same money. You'll be laughing for the next few years with all the DX12/Vulkan releases, whereas Futuremark have confirmed that Maxwell has asynchronous compute disabled at a driver level. It'll also do The Witcher 3 at 1080p/60fps on Ultra like you want.

>buying a second 670 = way faster than 480
I don't know what you've been reading, but a single 970 is faster than 670 SLI and a 480 is faster than a 970. SLI is also a barely-supported mess these days, with shit scaling and completely unsupported in DX12/Vulkan.

There are 8 games I want there, not taking the piss either.

You don't need to upgrade.
Your card will still be fine by the time Vega arrives

I wouldnt recommoned going sli or crossfire regardless of what amd or nvidia fanboys tell you. Its not worth it
Just sell your 670 for and use the money for a better card

>1080p
I DON'T want to game at 1080p. I have 1440p monitor and a 1080p TV. I game on my monitor, and I'm not going to buy a gpu for 1080p shit.

>I don't know what you've been reading, but a single 970 is faster than 670 SLI and a 480 is faster than a 970.
nope.

the 480 is already way more powerful than a 960 (which is more powerful than a 670), besides dual gpus that arent flagship level have always kindof been shit

1/3

I have this exact card and see no reason to upgrade anytime soon.

Stop pissing money away OP.

2/3

Same, but I just got a 24" 1440 monitor since my old monitor was only 20" 1600x900. It helps that I mostly play older games, but it would be nice to max out Bannerlord and HL3. Holding out for Cyber Monday.

>Witcher 3
> 60fps on everything on minimum (@1080p,
Bait.
My 380x which is a rebrand of 7970 handles it well enough on Ultra.
290x is supposed to be over the top for Ultra witcher.

you would need more than perfect scaling for a 670 or 760 to even match a 480

3/3

>outdated graphs
see

I hate to be that guy but check what their run is first to see how they test it since each place has their own methodology

ffs, I'm this guy:

>I DON'T want to game at 1080p. I have 1440p monitor
Then you're in luck, because a Fury is even closer to a 980 Ti at 1440p than it is at 1080p.

>nope
Sorry, yes.

Old, irrelevant games where 2GB VRAM still held up. It doesn't in [current year]. Only a retard would be considering 670 SLI as a viable option. Please come back and post about your worthless stutterfest if you do, as I really want to laugh at you.

all outdated shit from different sources
getting a 480 is still the best bet

Dont listen to him he's an imposter im the 670 guy

Dual 2gb gpus will always be a massive stutterfest
Put some serious consideration into one of the aib 480s

top lel, my long lost twin brother!

the Fury is way more expensive than a 980Ti for me.

the 380x was a new gpu on 3rd generation GCN, it wasnt a rebrand

Funny thing is I actually upgraded from a mini 670 to a 980 so I kinda know where you are coming from

Why the fuck would you need an upgrade from that?

I'm on a damn GTX 770 and nothing has come out that's really giving it a challenge or making gaming impossible at 1080p.

As far as I'm concerned, here are some of the most common sense guidelines to graphics and upgrades.

1) buying upper tier graphics cards is a waste of money unless you are aiming to game above 1080p. (But that's another can of worms entirely.) A mid to mid-high range card will always be a better investment because prices will fall faster on those, enabling a second one, and will become outdated almost the same rate as the upper tier cards. (So is an extra 100 dollars for 5-10 more frames worth it if you are still hitting 60 on most things? No)

2) Don't upgrade until you are unable to comfortably play something at all that you want to. Unless you are an autist, I define that level at sub 35at 1080 on high. I've found that to be once every three-four cycles. Your mileage my vary.

3) nVidia vs AMD shitposting is dumb. Pick whichever seems like the least shitty and move on. Who actually gets off on whether or not they use AMD or nVidia? Gas yourselves.

4) It's worth paying extra for better cooling. You get better OC options, cooler temps, and will usually lead to better longevity.

5) Video games are shit right now anyways, take the money and spend it on books

I do have to say, the 670 has lasted me a long fucking while. good shit. right now I'm haggling a 980Ti for €300 which is really good deal.

Its a shoop of this picture (original sauce unknown).

Not bad I got my second hand 980 SC for 200 dollars. The guy was asking 300 and I offered him 200. He didnt even haggle he just said okay and handed it to me.
I managed to hit 1400mhz with it, though now that i have it I wish it had an extra 2 gigs of vram.

Thank you. Building my first computer and am undecided on 1080/1440 for when I get my 480 Nitro. While I could replace the monitor when I replace the Nitro, I would rather wait to do that until I replace the card that is used to replace the Nitro.

In your opinion, what do?
6600k/16GB

980 ti got moved to legacy recently, i wouldn't be surprised if it falls behind the fury in the next 6 months

>le gimp driver
I saw considerable testing of driver versions, and the effect is insignificant

its not gimping its nvidia isn't optimizing for maxwell anymore

unless you want to go beyond 72 fps at 1440p you don't need to go higher than 390

Maxwell architecture came out 26 months ago. So while it is sad everything enters legacy support eventually.
Also I dont think nvidia can squeeze any more performance out of maxwell so thats why the moved it into legacy, but im sure they wont gimp it

so what? I'll sell the 980Ti when there's a real GPU release, not like the cancer that is pascal and polaris.

I was dead set on a 480 but just bought a 1060 because the 480 has been sold out practically since launch and the aftermarket cards are taking forever.

I haven't owned an Nvidia card since the 9800gt.

This is the first x60 in some time that was a real head-turner so fuck it.

>but im sure they wont gimp it
hm, I heard this before
oh yeah that's what 780 owners kept saying first 6 months after 900s release

Lol it looked like we were samefaging autists so I took my name off

Sorta depends. If you're absolutely committed to 1440p SOMEWHERE down the line, just get the card and pay for a monitor later if yours is good enough. Even if you're not all that committed, you could just get the card now and use it with your current setup, then decide on 1080 or 1440 later.

Personal take - 1440p is great for monitors larger than 24 inches, but you don't get a whole lot out of it in cases of 3D renders and what not on a smaller screen. Text rendering is awesome because of the DPI increase, but vidya and modeling doesn't take advantage of it all that much. Diminishing returns, you know?

but I'm sure there is one user who is gonna come in and tell me how wrong I am in an effort to justify his purchase so it's really just my opinion (^:

do you even have 1440p monitor? it is noticeable step up from 1080 in games

They didnt gimp it the 780 performs around the same today as it did the month before the maxwell launch.
You could make the argument however that they never fully optomized it to get the max performance

intentionally neglecting = gimping

help.

1070 founders edition €370
Gigabyte 980Ti €300

what do? I'm leaning towards the 980Ti

Thanks. No fucking idea when I'll get my hands on that Nitro. Almost considering a 1060 because I'm dying to play DOOM, but I'll probably pick up a 960 from BestBuy tomorrow and return it after a week and a half. As for my monitor, it's an old 20" vga Acer so probably can't even hook up to the 960 anyways.

I was considering being a 120/144Hz fag too if I went 1080 because the high fps I could get in most games with the rx480. Not sure if it's a good idea, someone said those screens are mainly for xPROx competitive players.

Pick your poison

1) AMD has no drivers so kepler is being gimped

2) Kepler isn't being gimped by Nvidia but its a shit architecture given the gains GCN has made.

Some lad is offering me his r9 380 for 150usd. Yes or no?
Should I wait for the rx 470?
I plan to keep playing games on 1080p.
Still using a 7870...

>founders edition

Don't be a ponce.

Vulkan is a meme.
>putting Talos Principle in the list and expect to be taken seriously

Second.
At least get an AIB.

>have a Sapphire 270X
>Asus GTX 980 went on sale for $350 (second cheapest is $450)
>also poor as fuck

Please prevent me from pulling the trigger on this. I don't want to starve in two months time because of a graphics card.

It's like AMD WANTS people to buy nvidia.

They released a $300 graphic card, that doesn't give much of an edge in the newest games.
Let's be realistic, the real price of the aftermarket 480s is $300 and over - be it Devil, Nitro+ or XFX Black.

The way it went they said it will be cheaper, closer to 980 in performance and a crossfire will beat 1080 for way less money.

Right now I want to buy a good card that will last me 4-5 years. 480 won't cut it, because it's already giving 50-60 fps in last year's games.

The only radeon way would be buying a crossfire. For $600 bucks. Almost the price of a single 1080.

So the only answer in the current market is 1070. Don't buy AMD, just wait until September and buy a 1070 only for a $100 more.

€370 versus a non-founders edition of €470
versus Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti for €300

Saw a Fury X on Newegg for $400, goyim!

980ti

why? the 1070 does beat it in every game, even the reference cuck

Why not add a second 480 down the road?
Why not?
I'm going pooinloo on principle, fuck Nvidia.
>inb4 poorfag

>Should I wait for the rx 470?
yeah, judging by specs it looks good, it will be only 15-17% slower than 480
msrp what 150?

>msrp
none of the fucking cards are available for the msrp, not AMD and not Nvidia's shit. at least not in western europe

the XFX fury x is $400

Is GTX 750 Ti an outdated card?

>the 1070 does beat it in every game
Not really.

Even then, they're both generally within 5 frames of each other +/-.

Is 5fps worth 70 bucks and a faggy logo on the card?

Newegg doesn't ship to my side of yurop. Also, the price for a Fury X is about the same as a GTX 980 here.

reference 1070 €370 versus a non-founders edition of €470

versus Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti for €300

what do? I'm about to close the deal on the 980Ti

No gimping is when they actively lower the performance of a product which they dont do.
Nvidias driver team however are lazy compared to amd

It's all kind of piss taking, I'd gladly take the rx 480 AIB if it wasn't ridiculously priced.

980ti will last you 2-3 years if you're into playing AAA gaming at full 60 fps or greater with resolutions higher than 1080p

>still being this much of an Autistic Meme Drone

What for?

indeed. pic related, look at the cheapest 480 I can get, and then remember, I can buy a 980Ti for €300 used

A fury x murders a 980.

I'm a retard, I looked at the price of the Fury which is the same as a GTX 980. Fury X is about twice that.

So then I'm stuck waiting even longer than I thought, or getting a 1060 that may piss itself DX 12 wise, or power thirsty AIB 480 for the same price.

The only RX 480 I'd get is the Gigabyte UK RMA puts my mind at ease.

Why is the supply for the 1060 and 480 so shit? They're constantly out of stock everywhere.

because everyone is getting assraped by AMD and Nvidia