6700K could have been a 8 core processor if Intel didn't waste the die space on a GPU

6700K could have been a 8 core processor if Intel didn't waste the die space on a GPU

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_HD_and_Iris_Graphics#Skylake
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

but they have 8 core processor. only $999 :^)

>he buys consumer shit,and get mad

you are a retard and should have bought xeon fag

Fuck off AMD shill
MOAR COARS
jesus
I never found anything that needs more than 4 cores

Yes yes goy, you only need 4 cores...

Running a i7 2600k and having no issues and do not feel a need to upgrade.

kill yourself imbecile

>still running an i7 920
>facebook and Sup Forums run fine on max settings
Why would I bother upgrading?

No it fucking couldn't, learn a thing or two about IC design

Wew lad, you really fired some shots there!

>6700K could have been a 8 core processor if Intel didn't waste the die space on a GPU
I hope you're not this fucking retarded.

No it wouldn't, you can't strap on more cores to the same uncore and expect to get something from it.

You can get a 22 core for that price:
www.ebay.com/itm/112066941952

Same here, can do 4200mhz completely comfortable and doesn't even reach 60 celcius.

Implying I'd buy an engineering sample from China

These iGPUs and later and still the only GPUs that're using the full DX12 feature set though.

I bought a 6700k, did I fuck up?

>implying intel would ever make an octacore with a price tag of under $600.

Good news the 6800k is out, I doubt you have the money but enjoy.
The fucked up thing about the 6700k, their top tier consumer CPU, is that it uses a meak GPU with HALF the processing throughput of their very next iGPU.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_HD_and_Iris_Graphics#Skylake

Still 2 less cores than Summit Ridge will be.

Intel are going to have to stop getting lazy.

In fairness to the OP.. the GPU isn't just stitched on, it's the same wafer, right? So in the event that any part of that huge die is flawed, it's all wrecked? So they'd have better success rates in fabrication if they didn't have the GPU component? Maybe the space could otherwise be used.. but there's likely nothing else that would reasonable fall into their philosophies or quality control. They're not gonna throw in shitty extra slave cores like a playstation.
Not unless you have an extra $400 and need that double size professional size cache of the 6800k or true quad channel DDR4 memory rather than sufficient 2 sticks or 4 with time slicing and want to pay stupid money from pro grade motherboards.

Gaming gains visible only in huge scale RTS.
Design (architecture) is just more important than cores. Core are slowly becoming relevant but good and real programming parallelism is only just receiving a renaissance.

Implying Sega can use more than one core with total war.

Thats where they keep the IME backdoor

Your parents could've made something of their lives if they hadn't had you.

>make 4 more cores instead of a garbage GPU only my grandma uses
>use binning, like they already do anyway
>twice less failure rate if you target 4 cores, plus "exclusive" 8 core CPUs
>for free
Like, I really don't understand. The budget CPUs I get it, the people would benefit from iGPU. But in enthusiast CPUs?

summit ridge is HEDT, not mainstream.

>enthusiast cpu
>6700k
>what are E series processors

IME backdoor

This, 10x this. The previous chip wasn't called Devil's Canyon by coincidence, *lake are all designed in Haifa, Israel