Kek

Kek.

The Nexus 5 won't be getting Nougat. I thought we had at least another year or two of updates.

This is kinda bullshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-lg-g3/general/guide-fix-hard-brick-recovery-guide-t3132359
support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/6220366?hl=en
chromium.org/chromium-os/chrome-os-systems-supporting-android-apps
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>what are ROMs
Just wait for CM14 tbqh

>ROMs

It's not the same.

>2 year support promised
>but I though I'd get 4 at least

>using a 3 year old phone

What are you, poor?

You get support up till nougat is released, then you can use custom roms.

Don't be a whiny bitch, nexus 5 was less than half the price of an iPhone.

I don't understand what made you think it'd be supported?

Nexus phones are generally pretty stable with custom ROMs. I have a CM13 nightly on my Nexus 6 and I have no issues.

my nexus five is still kicking, but the only thing i use it for is tethering. I still think it's one of the best smartphones to be made to date.

>The phone will still receive security updates for the time being.

All I care about tbqh

It's better.

Yep, it's better.

It's so much better. Battery life AND performance improves.

If you could do that shit on ios, I'd buy an iPhone.

How often are they bricked?
Can I still use the Play Store and Google apps?
How is the security?

>How often are they bricked?
The installation procedure is literally what you have to do to unbrick, except you use a different firmware.
>Can I still use the Play Store and Google apps?
If you choose to install them.
>How is the security?
Updates are nightly. Make of that what you want.

Only bricked once by accidentally deleting android from my Nexus 5. Diced with ADB.

All stock android shit works fine because it's still android. Security is just as good as stock, if not better. Depending on the rom you install.

My go to rom for my Nexus 5 is purity rom. Best performance and battery life, very minimal.

Loved it so much.

Did anyone try CopperheadOS? How is it?

>Security is just as good as stock, if not better.

That's not true. Simply rooting and unlocking your bootloader already introduces tons of security issues.

A lot of the ROMs pushed the heartbleed fixes quicker than OEMs.

>A lot
*99% of them

2 cents have been deposited to your iTunes account.

I wouldn't consider a phone that's still recoverable 'bricked'.

You can simply relock the bootloader...

The Apple iPhone 6S Plus doesn't have this problem.

I wonder if any android owner has ever been happy with his phone out of the box ? haha

Posted from my iPhone 6s

this

My N5 has been going strong on CM nightlies ever since I got it over 2 and a half years ago, never had a single issue

pretty damn hard unless you're a complete fool and pull the battery out midway through a flash, but even then it's probably still recoverable

this, if you can recover it, it's not bricked. Except in the case of this for the G3:

forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-lg-g3/general/guide-fix-hard-brick-recovery-guide-t3132359

>pull the battery out midway through a flash
Won't do anything. Just enter recovery and try again. To seriously brick your device you would have to corrupt bootloader and other hidden partitions. And even then there would probably be a way, like what you just posted.

You brick it only if you're stupid enough to mod your rom. I never had a brick on my device for years.

Works great. Even with all the security features active (which is supposed to be more battery and processor intensive) I don't notice any difference between it and a stock ROM in regular use.

Except I don't have google apps. Only F-droid apps. Supposedly you can add google apps but I tried and it didn't work.

It didn't get Marshmallow either but that's why custom ROMs exist.

...Yes, it did.

It didn't even get lollipop!

>Google
>Support
Only a retard would buy jewgle products
I feel sorry for the dumb motherfuckers who bought a $1300 Pixel 2 years ago and now it's not getting updates

I hate Google so much.

I hate yo mama!

lol nice try, but that's not true at all. Apparently it's April 2018.

support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/6220366?hl=en

Try again
chromium.org/chromium-os/chrome-os-systems-supporting-android-apps

new features != updates

Wow.

You're the retard, Google has great support of their products.

Kek. You think people with pixels actually use Chrome OS.