"audiophiles are autistic" --Sup Forums

Why the fuck do you guys hate audio setups that cost more than $100?

pic unrelated

I don't think that classifies as audiophilia. Audiophiles drop thousands on bullshit placebos like those retarded cable harnesses and vacuum tube DACs then plug it all into a lowest common denominator when really all that is needed is upgrading the lowest common denominator.

A good sound system is nice but it doesn't have to be multiple 0's nice.

>more than $100
A good pair of headphones costs more than that, are you underage?

There are plenty of reasonable audio setups around $200

When you go above that it starts to get pretty stupid.

We don't. You could easily spend 2-3k on high quality equipment. The issue is when these fuckers start paying 20-30k on bullshit and pretend they can hear a difference. Doubly so when it's some 60 year old that can't hear above 16KHz anyway.

My ATH-AD700s cost me more than $100 and no one rags on them.

Stop projecting, just because you have some shitty $20 headphones that you claim are good enough while secretly envying people with hundred thousand dollar snake oil + audio mutilating equipment.

same concept. $100 is just an arbitrary number representing an amount spent that is considered more than normal by you guy's standards.

that i can agree with, you shouldnt have to spend more than 5-6k no matter how rich you are.

I'm using 558's (inb4 'memephones') and a schiit DAC/amp that cost $180 total
>projecting
nah, im happy with what i got, for now.

Using ATH-IM02, the difference is astonishing. I like when different instruments sound from different distances. After $200 there's virtually no returns, you trade frequency response for impulse response(more balanced vs clearer sound), it's all taste preferences from there. I'd like to try some extremely low output impedance amp to pair with them, and a direct dsd dac(majority of the dacs are 1 bit already, natural choice for dsd, yet very few allow playback without converting it to pcm). And of course music. Strictly electronic.

>$180 total
I have a over the ear and in ear bluetooth headphones that both cost under $20 and I laff at your waste of money.

ITT- poorfags who's audio palette isnt devolped enough for them to apperciated the clarity and fidelity you receive with a high end settup

At least I can enjoy the pure sound in it's finest form.

>bluetooth headphones
>laff at your waste of money
This was the last straw.

>who's

is this the birth of an ebin new yamyam?

I could probably justify dropping a few bills on a headset.

When you argue about how all audio amps have to be Class A and you genuinely get a headache using a Class D amplifier or have to use silver ducted cables, that's different.

>monoblock headphone amp
Now I have seen it all

i found out a long time ago that i wasn't an audiophile

;'(

and now the audiophile community keeps shunning me and disrespecting my life choices

it's hard

This. Get a decent pair of headphones and plug them into a good amplifier and DAC. Fuck internal sound cards and especially fuck onboard sound because they introduce noise. You shouldn't be spending more than $500 on the whole setup minus whatever you're playing your audio from. Just don't expect your bootleg cassette tapes, 128kbs mp3s or scratched up records to sound amazing just because you spent a fuckton on a decent setup

what its like to have a dad

Picture unrelated, I hope.

I could almost tolerate audiophiles if they didn't so often support tech that moves beyond "probably indistinguishable to 99% of people" to "literally objectvely pointless" (eg. high sample rates, expensive cables for digital signals)

Overrated

Audiofools will pay more money for WORSE sound sometimes. Even that "eargasm" guy admits that.

No, you shitposter. Dropping a few hundred american shekels for headphones is fine. Dropping several hundred american shekels for speakers is fine. Spending thousands of american shekels for placebo cables is not ok.