Guts thread

Homemade edition.
Lets see them lads.

Other urls found in this thread:

performance-pcs.com/magicool-anycool-copper-cpu-block.html)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This looks like it was made for reddit

50c under medium load is shit for an air cooler, much less your $300+ watercooler. Even with those CPUs.

Also why did you drop so much cash on your motherboard and CPUs and cooling system and then finish it out with such shit specs. Shitty GPU (bad even if you aren't gaming), a depressing 16GB of RAM, and tiny 250GB SSD. I just don't understand what would make someone this dumb.

Yea it doesnt have blurry words and pictures in random locations

just got back from the LAN

Who cares, it's more interesting than 90% of the content on this board

won this mouse from it

Then go back to >>>/reddit/

did you not read the header in the image? it's a budget system

Why is the CPU running so hot?

>two 8 core 115w xeons at full load under a shitty aluminium rad

"hurr durr y iz dat s ht?"

Fucking indonesians, fuck off

Its a vray rendering client so besides the cpu's the specs don't really matter.

Guts of the PC my sisters dad built years ago.
It's gor a P4SO Mobo
ASUS Ribbon cables
Compaq 240V PSU
Apparently a celeron cpu .
2X256MB ddr3 333MHz uuuix ram, with a hp barcode.
200GB Maxtor HDD
All in a HP Compaq case that weighs about 15 fucking kilo
I'm grabbing the nVidia GeFORCE 4 64MB ddr card out of it for troubleshooting my 8350 build. I think my R7 is DOA.

Unless my problem is not having an OS installed? Because the mobo doesn't have on-board display?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Shits changed over the years.

>16 cores at 93% == medium load?
16gb is still plenty for just about everything.
CPU's are like $60
Water cooler total was $50 tops.
250gb is enough for os and programs.

Because it's a shitty homemade block that could never hope to match up to a commercial solution. Even a super-budget option like pic related (performance-pcs.com/magicool-anycool-copper-cpu-block.html) only runs about $35 per CPU. Bending over just a little further, and the XSPC Raystorm, EK Supremacy MX, and Heatkiller 4.0 are all available in the $50 to $60 range. Of course, then he'd need to use a decent radiator, not an el-cheapo aluminum piece of shit, but that also has the benefit of not being a piece of shit.

LOL nice fourth world engineering there, pajeet.

>what are curved lines

Doesn't matter if the lines are curved or straight, not when they're big enough to drive a Buick through. There's just not enough surface area for proper heat transfer. A big-boy water block probably has more surface area in one CPU block than his Pajeet Custom Model has for two.

just for jealousy points

Hi this is my le computer my friends :^)
If you build le best computer use le lian-li le bestest computer cases in da world

John u can send me shillings now

Not to be a dick but the heat exchange on that waterblock must be absolute shit given how thick the channel is.

To be a dick, I already said the same thing in a more dickish way.

I just feel bad for pointing it out given how expensive those aluminium blocks are and how there's obviously no way to salvage it.

He could always get a propane tank and take up amateur casting.

This kind.

Not this kind.

looks like you hit the buttons jackpot

Yes, but that's hardly worth it. You've got all kinds of problems to worry about if you cast (porosity, oxides, warping) and even a shitty forge isn't super cheap to build.

He had access to a milling machine, he could have easily scored the channels to give 3X the surface area. also could have embedded a copper plate in the bottom to spread out the hit wider.

t. A boilermaker who's done fitting and turning.

Not necessarily to make a new block, just to do something with it so that aluminum isn't a total waste like it is now.

>reddit
>budget diy tryhard where you need access to specialized tools that less than 1% of people on earth can use

yep

Nice, my brother has that mouse. He really likes it for PoE.

numa doesn't work for gaming.

this is the first pc i have ever built
i had it open today to redo the cable management because it was really bad before and now i would say it is 'ok'

>no optical drive

Are we just pointing out outdated bullshit that no one needs anymore? In that case, none of them have IDE cables either.

Got a quality PSU.

But God danm these cables, anyone who buys a 450w PSU is never going to need 4 sata connectors on one cable.
I have a need for a single sata port and a single molex.

Does cable mods do cables for my PSU? I hate these long ones it came with.

That looks like an AGP card user, and DDR ram. Old.

That's a quality mouse user, expect years of service from it.

>CX Series
>quality PSU
Pick one.

Better than the chinkshit I had before.

25$ PSU, never again

I have one. I was to lazy to install the bracket though.

Found that out before. When I tried putting the card in. Least I've replaced its paste, I had to chip it off with a key it was that dry, not even artic cleaner would break it down.

I'll do its CPU* cooler next, it needs a dusting and repaste.
May even look for a better card for it if I decide to use it.

Optical drives are still very useful.

If you live in a third world country with no internet access.

How are they not useful in a first world country with Internet access?

Because everything is available in digital form anyways. Optical media is a shambling beast dying a prolonged death.

Those maglev fans have me interested enough that I kind of want to try them on my next build. That said, it's going to depend on budget. I've already got a half dozen Gentle Typhoons in my current system that are still better than 99% of other options on the market.

what happened user?

They are pretty quiet and have a really premium feel. But they are pretty damn expensive.

It's running at almost full load, what do you expect?

I can whole heatedly tell you I am not jealous of that gaymer shit.

"my sisters dad"

I haven't used one in years. Not a single fucking use.

Did... did you bang her?

yes

Nice in that it's more expensive than the other mice of its category.

Shit to use though unfortunately. I'd recommend selling it for a G600 or Naga if you want one to actually use.

(Or a Nyth and then for the love of god tell me if it's better than the G600 because I MUST KNOW IF IT'S WORTH THE MONEY).

I was cutting cables I didn't use for a cleaner look inside, and when I went to turn it back on, I got no 24 pin power

Thought I must have cut the wrong wire somewhere.
But nope, just the light handling while attaching sleeves caused half the wires to break their solder and come out of their slots.

How could anyone get off to the idea of removing their little sisters clothes and licking her tiny body all over, nibbling her neck and kissing her adorable little nipples? Only a heartless monster would think about her cute girlish mouth and tongue wrapped around a thick cock slick with her saliva, pumping in and out of her mouth until it erupts, the cum more than her little throat can swallow.
The idea of thick viscous semen overflowing, dribbling down her chin over her flat chest, her tiny hands scooping it all up and watching her suck it off her fingertips is just horrible. You're all a bunch of sick perverts, thinking of spreading her smooth slender thighs, cock poised at the entrance to her pure, tight, virginal pussy, and thrusting in deep as a whimper escapes her lips which are slippery with cum, while her small body shudders from having her cherry taken in one quick stroke.I am disgusted at how you'd get even more excited as you lean over her, listening to her quickening breath, her girlish moans and gasps while you hasten your strokes, her sweet pants warm and moist on your face and her flat chest, shiny with a sheen of fresh sweat, rising and falling rapidly to meet yours.
It is truly nasty how you'd run your hands all over her tiny body while you violate her, feeling her nipples hardening against your tongue as you lick her chest, her neck and her armpits, savoring the scent of her skin and sweat while she trembles from the stimulation and as she reaches her climax, hearing her cry out softly as she has her first orgasm while that cock is buried impossibly deep inside her, pulsing violently as an intense amount of hot cum spurts forth and floods through her deflowered pussy for the first time, filling her womb only to spill out of her with a sickening squelch. And as you lie atop her flushed body, she sighs breathlessly and her fingers dig into your back as she feels your cock hardening inside her again. You're all sick in the head.

Holy fuck

>Spending more money on fans than on RAM

Welcome to Sup Forums

I wonder if that little card is trying its best. Awesome build.

Oh my you are basically me, dual xeons, 660 ti

how do you ensure a perfect seal? I see no room for a rubber insert, do you use a gasket sheet cut to size?

He used a silicon sealant. see the smears on the side of the bloc.

I actually think these are pretty great. Im going to have a desk anyway, might as well use some of the space that would normally occupy to house my computer, saves me having to have a great big tower on the floor or on the desk. And fuck, if you think it looks too edgy just paint the inside of the glass black, but dont tell me it isnt useful.

rate

>5280k overclocked
>Asus x99m
>MSI 970 100ME

Glory to the supermicro gods

that just feels wrong.

user BE CAREFULL I mean really carefull, you need to rewire the 24 pin to be 12 volt only, I killed my first supermicro like that one (I have 4 now because there so cheap)

Could have better cable management. Also, I'm not sure if the 2 fans at the top are doing anything. Overall, fairly clean. Use a chopstick to prop up your graphics card.

Going to finally finish the casemodding aspect of this this weekend, made the date and everything.
Going to paint the chassis matte black, leaving the outside panels white, cut a new hole in the front-bottom of the case for an intake fan, remove the intake fan at the front.

I've also got to find an elegant way to cover the pcie slots on the back of the computer.
I've also got a modular sfx psu and some sound deadening foam on the way to get rid of spaghetti, the psu showing, and quieten it a bit.

Also considering using rainbow sleeved cables but I want to finish the major aesthetic stuff first to determine if they will fit.

Oh and anyone know of an elegant solution for gpu sag? I cant think of anything other than making a pillar to support it. Oh also im making feet to prop the case up higher off of the ground and im in the process of making a male-female psu extension cable that will have a proper mounting point next to the pcie slots instead of hanging a cable out the back.

A custom bracket mounted under your stand offs that comes around and slides into a slot you cut in the gpu heat sink cover/ slides under the fins, what ever is easier.

Good idea, when I rip it apart to paint ill check what I can make.

>reddit alien in dog form

Yeah, a block like that isn't prohibitively expensive, like $30 or something right?

Sometimes people fuck up and sometimes it's wasteful. That's life.

What fans are they?

Corsair's new maglev fans.

8/10
7/10
1/10
-1/10
7/10
6/10
4/10
3/10
7/10
5/10. 6700k ?
4/10
1/10 sleepers are disgusting
i've tilted my pc 360 degrees in every possible way and pump at 100%, it wont fucking leave.

also shitty blitz qualit, it's not done yet. during the past week i've modified it alot like ekstra rad in the front, delidded my CPU and using CLU, new pump as i said, recut all the tubes bla bla max cpu temp is about 61-64c at 4.3 ghz on the CPU

>would really appreciate a rate.

Like said, they're Corsair's new floating bearing/maglev fans. They're like $20-25 a pop.

forgot to mention that max temp on cpu is only stress tests that pump as much heat as they can out of it, 100% cpu usage at other tasks caps out at 46c

It's always a happy day with a rainbow shining next to you.

>2 different brands on the GPU's
>shitty cable management
>extremely annoying rainbow light shining in face when browsing Sup Forums
>shit ton of LED's outside the case even
>spaghetti outside & arround the case

sure, monies = good hardware but you just spent alot of money wrong for the WOW effect instead of actually trying to do good. 3-4/10 in my book, just too shitty and 14 year old ish

They are two seperate GPUs, one is a 1070, the other is a 760 used as dedicated PhysX

Cables are fine, and managed as good as they can be in this case without dropping $175 on custom length sleeved cables

I like LEDs

To the right is a cable leading to a tablet I was using, and to a microphone on a boom arm, to the left are power/accessory cables leading to the other side of the desk where said accessories and power connector are, not much can be done about them.

Neat, now to wait for noctua to make some poo-in-loo version

>760 as physx
>runs X99 chipset.
kek
>cables are fine
no they're not, run them behind your motherboard tray, not inside with the motherboard.

>cables outside
Im talking about behind your computer also.

they are behind the motherboard you dolt. Just because you can see the ends that come through the grommets to connect to the board doesn't mean they're all running through the inside of the case. Have you just never built a computer before? You see, the connectors on the motherboard don't connect from behind...

yesand im saying your cable management is cancerous but you're too proud of your rainbow to even accept it.

i mean c'mon, your cables are just bulking up the entire inside of your case almost.
fan cable, H100 cables, GPU cables, 24 pin & USB 3

The 24 pin was almost too far to reach, and faces upwards, not to mention it's stiff as fuck.
Same with the USB3 cable.

H100 cable is too short to go behind the motherboard so I routed it behind the PCI-E cards

GPU cables are long as fuck, most of them are behind the board and stuffed in the basement but that's still not enough space.

I'm sorry you don't understand the intricacies of different board layouts vs. cable lengths and how not everything lines up ideally. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it eventually.

accepting criticism isn't your strong side, plain ignorance and self bloating.

switching dpi in games is a meme
it fucks with your muscle memory

Ignorance is not recognizing that there isn't a solution to every perceived problem.

Not every cable is just the right length
Not every board has an ideal layout
Not every case has a lot of room behind the tray

Sometimes cables are best routed in front of the board.
Sometimes you just can't stuff everything behind the tray.

You can't have "cancerous" cable management if you did what you could to route everything optimally for your specific setup.

Eventually I'll probably get some custom cables and find some replacements for certain parts that I can route better, that doesn't mean I did a shit job. I did the best I could with the parts I have.

Cool case.

still no case or gpu :c

>pic related, my old HAF X has a long way for cables to reach, seems to be a decent size bigger than the case you have, it has shit cable management but i still managed it in 2 seconds to fix the cables.
you should invest in a better PSU rather than new cables. only shit PSU's come with short cables.

what size tubing/fittings is that ?