If Linux is so good, why is it free?

If Linux is so good, why is it free?

Only reason anyone uses it is it's free. You poorfags wouldn't even touch it if they tried charging for it, you'd just move to the next free piece of shit like BSD.

Notice how paid Operating Systems like windows or osx have all the good software and the majority of the market? Notice how Linux doesn't even have good drivers?
Yeah.

Bane?

I've been using Linux for 17 years and you're right. If I had to spend $180 on either Windows 10 or any Linux, I'd pick Windows 10. With Windows you can do so many stuff that with Linux you just can't.

but os x is free too?

Not without hackintosh, which can be a massive pain to deal with sometimes

Os x is free you retard
>tries to make linux is shit argument
>doesnt know right facts
Typical windows fag

>
>Not without hackintosh, which can be a massive pain to deal with sometimes
And those pains are? You being too much for a retard to install a gui install?

OSX is free you dumbshit wincuck

0/10 typical winbabby

Nice bait

Isn't this only true if you have a mac?

When you say "Linux", I assume you mean "the Linuxes". There are so many of them and so few of them are of any use, let alone supported.

Yeah, it's free when you buy a mac.

>
>Isn't this only true if you have a mac?
You can just fckin download the extracted img online mfw

So you have to pirate it. Hence, it's not exactly free, is it?

Really smart people see the pros and cons of both and use both operating systems accordingly. Linux is better than windows at some things, and vice versa.

For the everyday person I would recommend windows just because there's less bullshit to wade through. I dont get why anyone would identify themselves by the operating system they use, live and let live, in the end no one gives a fuck and it really doesn't matter. If linux works for you, use it, if you need windows for some things and running windows through a VM to do so works for you, do that, if you prefer to dual boot, do that, if you like to have a linux-based home server and use windows as your everyday get-er-done OS, do that. Computing should be about accomplishing tasks efficiently and comfortability

>Isn't this only true if you have a mac?
Depends on how fussy you are about EULAs.
I can hand you a flash drive with any of the last 7 or 8 releases of OSX on it. There's no activation or serial number. No Macintosh Genuine Advantage. No phoning home.
All there is is the text string: "Ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc"

It isn't for sale either. Therefore it's free

(you)

> (You)
>So you have to pirate it. Hence, it's not exactly free, is it?
No you fckin idiot considering if you bought a mac then its free, its free on the app store. But you saying its not is because apple doesnt let you download it without a os x operating system
Learn ur facts please
> (You)
>So you have to pirate it. Hence, it's not exactly free, is it?
Um no it is free. Its just that apple doesnt let people download their os off their website. Its free to download from the appstore. Hence it is free. People just have to pirate it if they want to install on a hackintosh due to what i said earlier.

> (OP)
>I've been using Linux for 17 years and you're right. If I had to spend $180 on either Windows 10 or any Linux, I'd pick Windows 10. With Windows you can do so many stuff that with Linux you just can't.
I rather just want privacy

That's why I asked, dude. I just did some googling. Last time I looked into doing a hackintosh, I remembering being advised to just buy Snow Leopard. Looking at the apple store, that is on there to buy, but subsequent OS X versions are not, so it looks like things have changed since then.

If The United States is so good, why is it free?
Only reason anyone lives there is it's free. You poorfags wouldn't even touch it if they tried restricting your freedom, you'd just move to the next free piece of shit like Norway.

> (OP)
>If The United States is so good, why is it free?
>Only reason anyone lives there is it's free. You poorfags wouldn't even touch it if they tried restricting your freedom, you'd just move to the next free piece of shit like Norway.
Living anywhere is technically free according to your point of view. What the fuck is your point?

>If Linux is so good, why is it free?
Linux is only free if your time is worthless.

FREEDOM

Why don't you move to commie china if you hate freedom so much, you unamerican piece of shit.

> (You)
>FREEDOM
>Why don't you move to commie china if you hate freedom so much, you unamerican piece of shit.
If America had so much freedom then why are people that reveal the truth hence Snowden leaving the United States? You call a country that spies and violates its own written regulations a freedom state? China isnt any better. No country is complete freedom, but hell a lot of countries are better than the US.

So Linux takes time, and time is money, therefore Linux isn't free!

>you unamerican piece of shit.
How come we don't see Old Glory on your post, comrade?

>
>>you unamerican piece of shit.
>How come we don't see Old Glory on your post, comrade?
No you're just butthurt cause i spoke the truth about your country. It's common among faggots in America

>
>So Linux takes time, and time is money, therefore Linux isn't free!
Time is only money if you're do greedy

Seems that retardation levels have reached a new height here. Time to end my life in accordance with the prophecy

Autism

Why do people keep replying to my posts like this? If I am autistic it is directly contracted from Sup Forums, I used to be normal.

> (You)
> (You)
> (You)
> (You)
> (You)
> (You)
> (You)
Seems like youre
>
>Seems that retardation levels have reached a new height here. Time to end my life in accordance with the prophecy
Seems like you're all freedom, peace, and equality until the real truth comes out. You have no idea what a joke America is to other countries. It's a country tearing itself apart from the inside.

This is *your* fault, Anonymous.

>paying $100+ for ads
Sad!

Poorfag.

>You have no idea what a joke the most powerful country on Earth is to other countries

>windows has not always been free

That's really sad

Cuckold