So I hear that Firefox isn't what it used to be. Can someone give me the breakdown on what's wrong with it now?

So I hear that Firefox isn't what it used to be. Can someone give me the breakdown on what's wrong with it now?

i dont know the exact details but something about sjw ruining shit? not sure how or why

It just werks. BUT, you will have to look into disabling shit like Hello and Pocket, and some other stuff.

There are some about:config manuals floating around that can help you with that.

It's Firefox and Chrome, really. Chrome sends telemetry to Google, so anyone with even an ounce of brain should not be using it.

disable webrtc

media.peerconnection.enabled to false

It pushes shit like Pocket instead of actually developing a feature that lets you archive web pages yourself (luckily there are extensions that let you do that).

It's still a huge memory hog, and gets crushed under its own weight if you load up too many tabs. Over the years Ive also gotten the feeling that it's been dumbed down for the masses, burying features like the ability to view source.

I still use it though because it has an vast number of extensions that let you open it up, but I would love to see a good performance, hacker/tech-savvy friendly browser come out. Anyone know if there is an ad blocker that fools the anti-ad blocker stuff websites have been integrating?

Is that connected to some CEO of Firefox stepping down?

le ES JEY DUBYA BOOGEYMAN

>Anyone know if there is an ad blocker that fools the anti-ad blocker stuff websites have been integrating?

uBlock Origin I believe. Check in the settings because I don't think it's ticked on by default.

ublock origin, look at 3rd party filters in settings

Autists of Sup Forums trying to make something over nothing is what it is.

a few things

The Australis UI was forced on everyone, it broke many scripts, themes, and exensions, and there was no alternative or reversion offered.
The owner financially supported a group that advocated for proper marriage and was chewed out for not supporting abominations.
When you install Firefox today, there are weird things going on under the hood and seemingly no way to totally remove them. In about:config there are things that have facebook links in them, there is some pocket application malware, it has a built-in browser and chat you have to disable. It is actually quite disgusting.

I would recommend Palemoon. Opera is bad now too, it got sold to the chinese.

Yes the CEO was forced to step down because one time he made a donation to a conservative organization.

I'll tell you what's wrong with it without even mentioning the diversity agenda pushed by the mozilla foundation.

>high ram usage
>high battery usage
>bloated and unstable
>filled with useless features

>forced to step down

Nobody forced him. He left to avoid all the drama, and he did the right thing.

The only mistake that he made was letting an old, dusty book dictate his beliefs.

euphoric

So is ABP superseded by ublock now?

I'm pretty sure he was harassed to step down by your kind of people.

What what flowing sjw beliefs gave us?
A shittier browser that is losing market share every year.

euphoric

go back to your youtube videos, I think skeptic has got a new one just for you

How's Vivaldi?

*And what

I had to switch long ago because of a bug they never bothered to fix. I found it mentioned in their support page, so I wasn't the only one.

Basically the sites didn't load properly and I had to press F5 a million times before I even got a chance at looking at a fully loaded page.

>now
ABP was superseded by ublock quite a long time ago, and ublock was already superseded by ublock origin

>Hello, Pocket
>Forced extension signing in release/beta (FF 48)
>Australis
>Lack of progress in general

Good. It's a victory for SJW then. This is me gloating.

>woman logic
Get a worse product at the cost of "diversity".
Somehow this is a victory.

I seriously hope you're troll posting.

She... she didn't even put any poopcorn in her mouth. How much faker can she get?

NoScript or uMatrix?

Men build a new succesful startup which then get attacked by sjws. Its a vicious but pretty succesful cycle for leftists to make a living.