It's Sup Forumslorious guys

It's Sup Forumslorious guys...

So much eye candy and performance no matter what i throw at it. Is this the true power of NVIDIA?
I have never felt this good and powerful with AMD like ever.

What is my next step team Sup Forumsreen? SLI? TITAN X?!

Other urls found in this thread:

overclock.net/t/1601896/overclockersclub-overclock-showdown-gtx-980ti-vs-gtx-1070-vs-gtx-1080
it.pcpartpicker.com/list/MQHL2R
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nice digits

quintuples speaks the truth

Well, GPU wars are over.
Sup Forumsreen team wins.

Agreed.

I got an MSI 1070 and the next step will be an SLI.

Right now I can play anything at 144Hz 1080p, one day I'll get another card and go 1440p 144Hz

Love this

I got the SC version, it's pretty god tier desu senpai

>felt this good and powerful

enjoy your 1080 and 1440p at 2015 top tier levels, 4k is where it's at meanwhile full GP100 at 3840 cores is nowhere to be found - in DGX systems instead

I bought a 1060 and then realized I don't play any games that I couldn't already max out with my OC'd 760.

At least it runs cooler I guess.

>full GP100 at 3840 cores is nowhere to be found
They'll release it next year as the Titan X Black

>I bought a 1060 and then realized I don't play any games
how is this remotely possible.

it'll probably get gimped like kepler and maxwell before it :^)

>Black
Why not white? Are they racist?
#WHITELIVESMATTER

Welcome to last year.
980tis OC'd beat your card.

I never understood not buying flagship, just buy last year's flagship used for much cheaper than the x70 series if you need that kind of power.

I bought the 980ti first week it came out, and I'll likely buy the 1080ti if it comes out.

>five fours

Kys

AMDirtshitters on pooicide watch

>buy new rig with a 1070
>realize my excuse for not playing games wasn't "I can't run them well"

>buys nvidia
>not amd in #CURRENTYEAR
buying nvidia is like having a black man break into your house, ravage your anus brutally, then hog tying you up and raping your wife while you lay there hogged tied only able to stare and not even able to fap to it at least.

then tossing your wife aside, stealing your tv, kicking you in the nutts while ejaculating all over your face and leaves. while your wife leaving you hog tied with cum dripping down your face because she's salivating over his bbc wanting more with his jizz oozing out of her vagina and anus.

This happened to me too. I spent way too much money on a 1070 + a decent computer to finally play those games I've been putting off for years... then I just load up the Witcher 3, stare at the title screen and think. "Well actually I do have a lot of work stuff to catch up on. Probably need to clean house too, been putting that off for too long. Gonna be too tired to do anything but browse the internet after that. I'll play NEXT weekend after my schedule clears up..."

172 games in my steam list, only six 've played. only two for more than eight hours.

of those two? counter-strike go for 263 hours and skyrim for 161 hours.

and i bought a fucking 980 ti and 6700k. all on a 1080p 144hz screen to watch my anime.

non steam? just WoW for over a decade. thousands of hours.

no need for such a beefy system but yet i go out there and buy the parts to run modern graphical intensive games that i don't even play.

a 480 and 6600k would be more than enough but i feel like i need the higher-end parts because i sit there and get hyped for games like witcher 3 but then after i get the parts i lose all interest.

Just got the same card along with a 1440 21:9 monitor. Was worried it wouldn't be powerful enough. Nope, runs great. Never been disappointed with Nvidia. Can't say the same for AMD, and I only used to buy AMD before they were nearly as awful as they are now.

What?

1070 destroys 1080p and is very good at 1440p as well

AMD cards are cheap garbage, they don't even have a card that can compete

To play 4k I'd need to double my monitor/GPU budget.

My build already cost me nearly 2k Euros, I'm not looking forward to spending another 1k, faggot.

Well, just because you have something it doesn't mean you have to use it for every second of the day.

It's just nice to be able to do everything and have a great system.

I went from a shitty mid-range 2012 laptop to a 6600k 1070 PC and it's just satisfying to use when when not playing bidyagems.

lmao amd is so shit Nvidia users are forced to argue among itself pitting newer cards against previous gen Nvidia ones.

And I'm loving every single moment of it.

enjoy your shit-tier legacy meme card
even a 50 cent hallmark card has more worth than your ad hominem

>172 games in my steam list, only six 've played. only two for more than eight hours.

damn son

Why does this read like bad anime?

>Is this the true power of the hachi roku?!

>THE OLD TECH IS STILL BETTER JUST OC IT

Buyer's remorse because the 980ti sat on the top for barely a year before it was made obsolete?

980ti owner here.

980 ti at 1500 still beats any overclocked 1070 all day every day though.

Sure, buddy.

Whatever helps you sleep better at night.

900 series is dead.
Legacy indeed.
>F

That's a reference 980 ti. If any 1070 owners here want to bench it out I'll be happy to.

Source?
This was claimed in another thread previously and I asked for a source then to. Should I expect silence this time just like last time?

Yeah and that's a reference 1070 in the benchmark. Your point?

Pentas don't lie
Amemede fags on suicide watch

There's a massive thread here
overclock.net/t/1601896/overclockersclub-overclock-showdown-gtx-980ti-vs-gtx-1070-vs-gtx-1080

The general census is that a 980 ti at around 1500 will beat any overclocked 1070.

You free tonmake a dummy account now and ask, and I encourage it too. You don't even need to confirm the email.

Have fun with your overpriced green potato, while I dominate on 1920x1080 res at any game with this build: it.pcpartpicker.com/list/MQHL2R

Going by the link in the first post it seems to indicate to the otherwise.

FO4 the 980ti beat the 1070 with OC only @1080. Every other res it lost or tied.

GTAV the reverse occurs.

In SoM the 1070 beats the 980ti even in OC except in the 4k res.

FC:Primal is the same as SoM.

BF4 is entirely 1070 winning in every res.

Witcher 3 has the 1070 ahead in every res except 1440.

Hitman is like FC and BF4 winning every res.

The Division has the 1070 winning in every resolution except 4k (which includes non-OC as well interestingly).

AotS is a sweep for the 1070 as well as the synthetics.

This is with the 980ti with 1455mhz OC. Are you honestly going to claim that another 55mhz is going to turn every result at every resolution around enough to support a claim of "beats any OC'd 1070 all day every day?"

I'll buy titan x black next year and every flagship thereafter, the chip name not the model name matters

I also encourage anyone else on ti to keep just getting ti and not fall in x80

everything is a cycle, if you can't manage your budget or insecurities then don't blame the system

In before Nvidia releases a lease plan just like Apple did only to have massive demand to crumble their stock price and make their exclusive aura weaker

Yes. It has been discussed to death in the thread. There's no need for me to regurgitate the information.

>little rich nvidiots proud of cards that are completely impractical and overpriced
>mfw my $300 r9 390 runs nearly all modern games 2k 60fps (shit moniter can't 4k)

>inb4 amdrone
>inb4 pajeet/streetshitting meme

>Yes.
Let's make this clear. Your source is anecdotal at best (the forum discussing the comparison) and refutes the authoritative comparison based upon speculation that a slight bump in clock speed, less than 5% will result in an increase of performance to overcome a difference that is greater than 10% (and 17% in the most extreme case) in many circumstances?

That doesn't seem not just unreasonable but irrational and ludicrous.

My 980 ti hovers at around 90~130 fps in overwatch 120hz 1440p. I'd say it just meets the minimum requirement for the refresh rate and res. Some games like Witcher 3 hovers at around 60fps.

Far from impractical. There still no card out that's capable of perfect 1440p like the 1060@1080.

Can't really help it if you don't believe me or numerous others. If you really think they are wrong though feel free to drop a reply and I'll be happy to see how the discussion pans out.

Is the 1060 the best video card for 10920x1080? What about RX 480?

>Can't really help it if you don't believe me or numerous others.
If I have to go with you (and numerous others to which I would point out is an invalid ad populum argument) or with the authoritative comparison I (and I expect most rational people to do the same) will go with the authoritative comparison. Your proof does not make your claim any more persuasive.

1060 is better

The 1060 is even cheaper than your 390 space heater and runs circles around it in performance.

Probably just as well if it doesn't kill your mobo.

Yeah the problem is that I don't really care. I'm not going to exert the effort just to convince you when others before me have already discussed the subject to death. If that's what you were expecting then you're wasting your time.

>he bought a dx11 card

>Yeah the problem is that I don't really care.
I find that hard to believe as you continue to respond even after it is clear that you argument is deficient. Why are you still responding if you do not care if your argument is deficient?

The point is that the 1070 is clocked far more aggressively out of the box, and boosts much closer to its maximum overclock due to the way that GPU Boost 3.0 works. Pascal gains far less from manual overclocking than Maxwell did as a result. It's literally not in question that a 980 Ti at 1500MHz+ is 10% faster than a 1070 at 2100MHz (and most 1070s can't even hit 2100MHz stable, whereas most 980 Tis can hit 1500MHz)..

Overclocking is for idiots though. You always introduce more instability, no matter how much you test it.

The smart thing to do is buy the fastest card out of the box.

>It's literally not in question that a 980 Ti at 1500MHz+ is 10% faster than a 1070 at 2100MHz
Because there is no factual basis for believing it is? We have a citation that shows the 1070 @ 2050 beats the 980ti @1455 in most every circumstance. You have reliable proof that adding 50 more mhz to the 980ti and the 1070 will increase its performance to not only overcome a 10% lacking in most circumstances to a 10% superiority? Are you the same guy who "doesn't care" making not only the same debunked claim but embellishing it further?

the whole point when you buy high end with no bottlenecks is to go the highest you canr for the sake of not getting any overhead it's some philosophy you might not understand. hardware is disposable

It isn't though lol

Most non ref 980 ti comes clocked at 1400 out of the box. 100mhz oc isn't difficult. 1550 is the top end of 980tis, 1500 the average as far as oc goes.

>It isn't though lol
Your argument isn't deficient? It doesn't contradicts an authoritative article? AND your contradiction is not an invalid ad populum argument?

It seems I am trying to reason with a closed-mind.

1500 isn't the average on 980ti, it's already good you must be trollin... search Pascal vs Maxwell at same clocks, same FLOPS

the guy with 980ti is battlin the x70 and x80s, don't mind 'em

>1.92% in real world
>13.46% in THEIR tests

>actually magnifying it as if proud of their bullshit
nvidia shills working overtime on that chart

>the guy with 980ti is battlin the x70 and x80s, don't mind 'em
I don't mind when people are idiotically wrong when they post here. I have a problem when they continue to do so, and lie on top of that, in the face of inconvenient facts. Perhaps I am a bad person for giving retards plenty of rope for them to hang themselves on public forums. . .

it doesn't unless i specially stated the 980ti at 1450 does better. rather it expands upon the article. get rid of your tunnel vision pal.

1500 is the average, thats why almost the entirely of the thread linked above compares the 980ti at rather than the tame 1450.

their tests are more aggressive than most real-world uses, and the AMD cards lose in both tests anyway

>use furmark
>nvidia driver force lower voltage/mhz
>amd does it a full speed
>amd lose x_DD

>it doesn't unless i specially stated the 980ti at 1450 does better.
Let's get this straight. Your speculation is not mere speculation simply because it is YOU that is speculating? It is a valid and reliable argument rather than an unreliable and invalid argument simply because it is YOU that is presenting it?

Yeah. You've convinced me. You've convinced me that you are not only closed-minded but irrationally closed-minded. I don't know if this irrationality is borne from some foolish notion of entitlement or just a lack of mental capacities to conduct yourself in a rational manner. Either way I see no point in bothering to read any further of your posts just to not be a bad man in this thread. It'll be tempting, but I'll try.

Wow, that's deplorable, I didn't know they stacked the results like that. How did they trick all the consumers into running biased tests too? Are Nvidia shills in my house right now, underclocking my card when I'm not looking??? Scary stuff.........

Gonna get this just in time for Mankind Divided

>Your speculation is not mere speculation simply because it is YOU that is speculating? It is a valid and reliable argument rather than an unreliable and invalid argument simply because it is YOU that is presenting it?

no? where did you get that?

>made obsolete
Are you retarded? Seriously, do you have brain damage?
That's not what obsolete means, you fucking idiot. The GTX 285 is obsolete, because it's not fast enough to run most modern games and doesn't even support DX11. The 980 Ti is still one of the fastest GPUs available today and supports all the current APIs (aside from the async compute blunder).

Kill yourself.

You don't understand the chart.

The AMD cards failed 13.46% before they were even given to the customer. They tested them with a stress test and they failed right there.

Then after that, an additional 1.92% failed with the customer.

Total AMD card failure rate was 15.38% compared to 2.25% for Nvidia cards of the same generation.

>where did you get that?
If you do not have a factual basis, and no your interpretation of the facts of the 980ti@1455 is not a factual basis for making a claim about the 980ti@1500, is your claim not speculation?

I tried. Oh, how I tried.

well then isn't yours as well then since you're speculating 1500 isn't enough to beat a 1070?

>well then isn't yours as well then since you're speculating 1500 isn't enough to beat a 1070?
No you are being foolish. Merely because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I assume the opposite position. It is not anyone else's obligation to disprove what you claim. It is only your obligation to prove what you claim.

>*Now you are being foolish.
Fixed

>If I say inb4 it makes me right

Not how that works.

pretty sure you did here

It's indeed glorious.

>pretty sure you did here
Where? I pointed out how your "source" is unreliable. I don't see any statement that takes any position let alone a position that your claim is wrong. Are you confusing a post explaining how your claim is baseless as a claim that it is wrong?

now it's just embarrassing. you literally rekt yourself.

How so? You made a vague allegation that I made a claim somewhere in a previous post but failed to specify.

It seems to me that your failure to specify is a reflection of your personal failings rather than anyone else's.

read the last sentence of your post i quoted.

All right goys, in 9 days which is my next pay day I'll be buying a 1070.
MSI? xbox hueg Palit? Gainward?

The only thing you quoted recently was in which is quoting yourself not quoting anything I wrote. Just to avoid any vagueness I'll repeat the exact quote here.

>pretty sure you did here
Is this the quote you are referring to? How is that specifying anything I wrote?

After re-reading what you posted, to avoid vagueness, I will post what I think you are referring to as "the last sentence of the post i quoted."

>That doesn't seem not just unreasonable but irrational and ludicrous.
Is this where you claim I stated "your claim is wrong" or assumed the opposite position?

Are you confusing pointing out your speculation is founded on poor logic, or the complete lack of logic, aka "irrational," as claiming your speculation is wrong?

What about in DX12?

bullshit stats, they got garbage snsv cards.

the real numbers for better aibs are a lot lower or we would have one more things to bash besides the drivers

enjoy no async

>didnt wait for the 1080ti

pleb

secondly, if you dont have a 1440p or 4k monitor you just wasted money.

> bi-turbo

You some sort of faggot?

144hz is so much more important than 4k or even 1440p

somewhat agree but even a 1080p with 144z on a 1070 is overkill

1440p 144z is ideal

I'm still waiting for this myth to die.

Omg upvoted! XD

I doubt he even knows what he's talking about. It's the new amdrone buzzword.