AMD Godavari A10-7890K 4.1GHz Socket FM2+

AMD Godavari A10-7890K 4.1GHz Socket FM2+
MSI A68HM-E33 V2 FM2+ DDR3 Motherboard
Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3 1866MHz x 2

Should I be worried that my idle temp is 54 - 57° C and goes up to 77°C when playing?
Is this normal range?

I wouldn't say so, AMD APU's have a tendency to be quite hot.
Check your airflow and what cooling do you have for your cpu?

I have the same one in the pic. Stock Wraith cooler of amd.

>Stock AMD cooler
You dun goofed

Should I invest in a decent CPU cooler?

You can pickup corsair premade water coolers pretty cheep.

I'm still waiting on my h100i, it has all sorts of control's.
Or their's the basic loops as well.

What's the wraith like in noise? I've got the stock one with the 8350, It may as well be silent.

It's actually pretty silent.

Time to rethink newegg reviews then.

I know the fx6 stock one is a hurricane. but it's still using a aluminum block, instead of pipes and fins, so it's got to compensate.

Starting to add up. All amd cooler reviews are written by teens who got the fx6 prebuilt gaming PC's for Christmas.

>8350 stock cooler may as well be silent.
Wut? I had it on mine and it would scream like a jet engine. Do you not put it on high load ever? Did you have fans set to a certain rpm? I got fed up with the noise while gaming, and picked up a hyper 212.

Not taken it past idol yet.
I've still got some post issues to nut out(fx card).
But I did max out the fan with a power supply for fun. I've got to say It's fuck all. I use a set of headphones as speakers, and they will drown it out easy when it's in a case.

Then again I'm not a 20 year old who's only been used to stock computers.
So I'm a bit biased in that regard. But I still recommend getting an aftermarket cooler either way.
For your chips fx6 and down air cooling, going up use water cooling, and start to learn overclocking. it's really not that hard.

That fuckwit the does the PC builds with the custom loops on youtube does an alright starters tutorial for the 8350(applys to all things really), think it was a 4.7 clock?
And that's shitloads.

Note* for fx6 down get water if you clock it.
Only said air, because cheep. (sticking with budget brackets)

I got an NZXT x40 and it's pretty good and easy to fit as well, never had a corsair cooler are they any good?

Still waiting on it. But alot of the builds in Are using it so that'll be a good place to ask.
I've used custom loops before, But not a premade one.
My only issues will be is the hoses from what I've seen in the /gut/ threads, Mostly aesthetics.

The custom loop I had was second hand, it done all right, but the rad was smaller then the one I'm getting now.

I know mine is only an A6, but it doesn't reach that temperature on load, let alone at idle. Something must be wrong there.

He isnt going to ruin his system. He should be fine if he isnt over clocking.

77°C is not hot at all for silicon chips

if you are pleased with the acoustics, you might just try out Arctic Silver 5 grease in a few months

don't listen to those fucktard here who think you're apu is considered housefire

*your... sorry i need some sleep

you have to keep in mind that a large portion of your apu is taken by a gpu which generates a bit more heat than a cpu anyways

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES
AYYMD HOUSEFIRES EVERYWHERE

trips of truth

Can't wait for them to release their hmd so I can have one of these strapped to my face

install extra cooler towards CPUand ram
remember this is a hot summer

>mfw my idle temps for my 4770k are 20-23°C and my load temps never hit 50°C

Thanks little Hyper 212

276515 What does this number mean op

>yet another one of these threads

Use AMD Overdrive.

The new Wraith cooler is decent, but the old stock ones used to be rubbish.

anything below 105 celcius is safe. I've been using computers for 18 years ad I consider myself an expert.