/sqt/

Other urls found in this thread:

pcsteps.com/45-download-windows-7-iso-legally-free-digital-river/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Guess I can't ask here cause my questions is large and stupid

Say I browse a page 'X'
and it updates to 'Y'
and pressing backwards wont give me the 'old version X', but just 'Y'

is there anyway to check my browser's cache for that old version?

how do I build up a proxychain on a general linux OS without any special tools. Or is it easy to write it self in python?

no

Why and how? Is this some nvidia sponsored benchmark or something?

What's the best way to setup a PXE server on *nix and provide multiple ISOs?

I remember seeing some user posting anime that had ridiculous high resolutions and it still looked crisp, he was saying he used some upscaler that has an algorithm that works great on cartoons, anyone know what it is?

750ti or r7 360? @720p

I asked this earlier but didn't really flesh it out.

I'm going to be moving into an apartment soon (student living) and need a vacuum cleaner for the carpet. However, I don't trust the cleanliness of your average college student, so I'm considering getting a carpet cleaner.

I don't want to keep both a carpet cleaner and a dry vacuum cleaner (or spend the money on both), so I was wondering if it was viable to keep just the carpet cleaner.

pic related

Overkill. Just rent a carpet cleaner when you move in

You can rent a carpet cleaner from most hardware stores for around $30-40 for the day and it'll do a lot better job than that unit you posted will.

Is there any way to get a replacement battery for an Xperia phone without paying Sony shitloads to replace it?

Thanks for the input guys.

I'm aware of the rental option - I used to do that back at home, until we bought a Rug Doctor to own. I was just thinking that if I used the non-rental machine even 3-4 times, it would pay for itself, compared to dropping $30-50 on a smaller vacuum on top of the rental. As for the performance, reading reviews and looking at videos shows that the cleaning capabilities are comparable to the rental units. Ultimately, I won't actually spend anything until I see the condition of the apartment.

what do these things mean in windows?

you should have bought a squirrel

the shortcut key when you press it in combination with alt

so the "guess what this does" version of underlined letters?
why?

I've only ever seen them in office, not sure where you found them, might be glitched out that it displays somewhere else.

Why? Why not show which key is for what?

ok i already have a decently riced up phone.
it took me ages to find kustom live wallpaper.

i wonder if there's something like that available for win10? how do you rice win10? honestly?

that makes more sense there
whenever i see them they seem random, like in that pic i posted which happened a moment ago

What are some good tutorials / resources to learn data visualization?

What is the 'slack' space the FBI was referring to in Hillary's emails?

How reliable is cpuboss?

Would it be possible to write a script for mpv that simulates a TV channel's lineup? Like
>play two random episodes of show A
>then two of show B
then two of show C

What's the most painless way to switch my PC from an AMD processor to an Intel one?

As in, what will happen with my drivers, programs, Windows installation, etc, when I change my motherboard, CPU, and RAM, but leave everything else in? (going from 8350 to 6700k, if you're curious)

Last time I did this, it was AMD > AMD and my PC acted almost like nothing ever happened, aside from being faster. I have a sneaking suspicion it won't be so easy this go around.

bump

>ocean surface
sounds like a prime target for heavy Tessalation, which AMD cards generally aren't great at. Doesn't indicate real world performance, though. Probably an equivalent to tessmark, ie: completely useless.

I've heard not to trust it too much. I still use it in basic comparisons because it's better than nothing and loads easier than tracking down side by side benchmarks

Why and when should I use this? Does it have a TV Remote friendly interface or..?

yeah, that's the whole point.

>why
Because it's like netflix but local
>when
When you want to watch movies
>remote friendly
Yes

Just buy a new motherboard and switch. If you have Windows 10 flip a coin to see if it borks or not. GGWP

Th-thanks, Senpai...

Where can I download or torrent a legitimate Windows 7 Professional SP1 .iso? Now that KAT is kill I can't find shit that's legit, there's a few on TBP but SHA1 hashes show they're not the official Retail or OEM .iso installation files despite claiming to be so I'm hesitant to trust them.

It'll probably boot into windows repair mode and try and fix the drivers. Decent chance it'll work. If you want to be proactive, look up win10 guides for moving a windows drive to a new pc

im looking for linux bandwidth monitor, something like vnstat but with option to exclude lan traffic, any ideas?

for some reason this happens when I import a video into Premiere, even though when watch the clip outside of Premiere it doesn't have the second audio track. I can tell because in Premiere the two tracks are the same, so it creates a really shitty effect. How do I get rid of the track?

pcsteps.com/45-download-windows-7-iso-legally-free-digital-river/

oops forgot the picture

>legally free
hue

That would make the most sense. I pray it's that easy. I'm looking forward to this rebuild and the chance to do some better rear cable management, but I'm definitely not looking forward to the troubleshooting.

Pic related, the mobo I bought.
Is it just me, or is this thing just the sex?

I bought the MSI Z170-A PRO a while ago since it was cheap. It does everything I need it to do, but I would like to know what I'm missing out on by not going with a more expensive motherboard. I know I'm getting lower specced chipsets and I'm missing out on modern connections and SLI, but tell me more.

You overpaid for the same specs but in black and white.

I'm willing to pay a few more shekels for aesthetic desu senpai.

I bought an ugly mobo last time, and never got over my disappointment in how it looked.

Z170 is the "highest" chipset there is.

What I mean is networking/audio chipsets.

How do i open a port on a vps tunning debian 8.0 so i can play minecraft with the buds

How can I install Internet Explorer 11 without internet?
I tried the "Offline Installer" from Microsoft, but it gets stuck at "downloading updates" (because it can't connect to the internet, duh).

What's a good dedicated GPU for MPV? Was thinking about the GTX 950 since it supports HEVC hardware decoding and isn't particularly expensive, but I don't know if it's powerful enough for high-end MPV presets.

is 80 bucks a good deal for ASUS GTX 780?

When I try to connect my TV to my PC via HDMI, the system (Win10) crashes. This started happening recently, I assume an update broke something.

Any ideas?

Is this worth it?

trying to make a simple email scraper in python just because

does pic related mean the site is a no-go because of a security thing?

for context, it's my uni's site/portal thing where there are a bunch of mails, so that might be why but i'm not sure

forgot to mention that it needs a log in to go to that page, could it be because of that?

if so, how would i bypass it?

unsecure connection.
there is no way to bypass a login page without credentials. assuming you want backend you'll need admin/shell access

I'm trying to organize my Pokemon card collection. I have a spreadsheet with the card count, is there an Excel function that would calculate the number of duplicates while accounting for the cards I don't have?

i can go past the log in page if that's what you mean, it's the basic student email/pass log in.

how would i do that in python? look for an automation/log in python tutorial?

Please help here

I installed mpv in Fedora 24 but it just does not start, I can't play any video formats and if I try to start the program from terminal I get this

mpv: error while loading shared libraries: libwbclient.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any ideas?

I have a couple of questions that i will ask in this post to prevent cluttering this thread too much.

-Will a 4690k @ stock bottleneck a gtx 1080?

-is there anything i should look out for when getting a microsd card for my phone?

-i have a 750gb hard drive i am not using that i would like to use to backup my shit (my entire 480gb C: ssd drive) locally (as in backup my shit & store it in a drawer until needed. How can i accomplish this. Win10's own backup thing doesn't seem to do shit?

My sister upgraded the computer to Win 10 automatically but that's not the problem...
The problem is the taskbar is stupid and when i click on Edge for example or open the apps menu does nothing,every function works perfectly (click on shortcuts,open file manager...) any how to fix this shit?

Why would you want to install it at all? I literally uninstall IE on every computer I touch

On a hackintosh build, what is the benefit of the appropriate SMBIOS settings? All I've heard was power management, what does that mean?

No

Cheap brands and make sure its UHS 1

Macrium reflect

/sqt/.

I got a set of cheap Bookshelf speakers (not the ones in pic) to use for my PC. I need an amplifer to drive them. they're relatively cheap speakers so I'm not looking to spend a lot on an amp.

The speakers are marked 75W each at 8 Ohms.

Any recommendations?

intel makes there own processors
but nvidia doesnt make there own gfx cards?
you have to buy pny or radeon or something?
i dont understand that.

Just set the correct identifier, like iMac14,1 for Haswell without dedicated GPU and forget about it.

I think it's about setting clock speeds and the various states your CPU can be in (C0, S4, S5) for sleep, hibernate and all that shit.

Don't manually dick around to be honest, just set a correct identifier instead.

Nvidia makes their own GPUs, 3rd parties make the cards that the GPUs go on. It's the equivalent of having an Intel CPU with an MSI motherboard.

Intel makes processors, yes. Nvidia/AMD only makes the processor part of the GPU, and they hand off the processors to various manufacturers to make the PCB and cooling unit.

From personal experience, I don't recall Excel having such a function. I had to write a VBA macro some time ago to get a suitable alternative for myself. Are you comfortable with VBA macros? If so, I'll post the one I wrote.

>processor part of the GPU
AKA, the GPU

Thanks.
Follow up:
Is there a manu that is generally accepted as 'the best'?

Nvida and amd DO make their own cards, they just suck. Basically every 3rd party version is an improvement. They put out the blueprints for cards the way intel does with mobos.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong about nvidia/amd physically producing any part of the card themselves

Radeon is AMDs designation for GPUs, similar to the way NVIDIA has GeForce for their GPUs.

NVIDIA and AMD make the GPUs, then companies like Gigabyte, Zotac, ASUS, etc etc, buy the GPUs and then build the boards and cooling systems for those GPUs and sell them.

How do you do that? Been using mac pro 3, 1 on a skylake build because I read it's the most stable.

Depend's on who you're asking and what generation. Specific models with specific manufacturers can be better or worse or more likely to have defects. MSI is pretty solid, and evga is usually decent for nvidia

I've never used one. I should have mentioned that I'm using LibreOffice, I'm not sure if it would be compatible. I only said Excel because it's ubiquitous

Use SMBIOS in Clover Configuration, press the wand icon and pick your model/identifier. Check tonymacx86.com for proper identifiers for Skylake. I don't have Skylake myself so I don't know the specifics.

Ah, thanks

Is KAT still down?
The "new" sites ask for sign up.

Hey Sup Forums, i'm moving soon, and had to pass my pc to my parents. Now I'm left with an asus g551jw, which I intend to use as a desktop replacement. I can't invest in a new desktop, since i'll be moving around every couple of years. What are the options for docking stations? I have seen the asus universal dock, but it connects via one usb (pic related). How can the one port handle all that shit? I intend to gaym a little too. Any other advice?

Also, i hate wires, thus the need for a dock.

What do you guys use for downloading videos from YouTube? I removed VDH because it forces me to install a converter for MKV videos.

youtube-dl

Nobody even has the code for KAT. The closest they've come is moving the community onto it's own forum. And isohunt is temporarily hosting a clone of the more recent KAT torrents. Best to move on and ignore the cheap imitators.

Clip converter website

new site?
you mean kat.al?

Probably do something like
=SUMIF(D4:D87,">1")-COUNTIF(D4:D87,">1")

When would be a good time to replace my 1080p HDTV? I bought my HDTV in 2010, but it was manufactured in 2009. I was thinking of getting a 4K television, but not sure if it's the right time. I have an RCA model no. LED42A55R12.

What to do if I have some torrents bookmarked and I want to download it?

Freemake video is hella easy

ignore these.

only use why going over 3rd party malware sites that probably don't even grab the DASH versions and just the shitty 720p muxes.

Search the name of those torrents in torrentz.eu

do you have 4k content to play?

if not, why bother then.

Freemake is not a website and I highly doubt you've ever tried it.

Setting up applications on my new computer, what's the current suggestion for a windows bittorrent client? I don't need too many power options other than an RSS downloader.

>kat.al
yeah.
Doesn't have it.
Wasn't there a site that gave you the magnet link to KAT torrent that were DMCA'd?

it's not youtube-dl, so it's shit regardless.
those "free" video converters are mostly just terrible GUIs for ffmpeg.
I'd rather use the program that does all the work directly instead of adridden UIs that install more bloatware.