Why aren't you using Linux Mint Sup Forums?

Why aren't you using Linux Mint Sup Forums?

Because cinnamon a shit

is it safe OP
i know nothing of it

Because when I rate distros it's base on usefulness and on if it's better then ubuntu
and linux mint isn't useful while also suckling more then ubuntu

because of that time they had backdoored versions of their OS up for download. and the fact that their UI is buggy. looks cool tho :)

I am afraid to take the first step... :(

there are quite a lot of desktop environment choices and otherwise you could just replace it so that's not a valid argument

>not installing arch and having your favorite DE from the get go
>2016 installing unnecessary software then removing said software
>2016 not running gentoo
>2016 installing a back doored linux distro

I have been using it for a while. But now with new laptop, that had ubuntu preinstalled, I use ubuntu cuz drivers preinstalled.
But even though, I am slightly concerned with cinnamon and mate - they are not very mainstream releases. Actually, MATE is quite outdated and I would only use it on older machines.
Unity is a bitch, but I managed to tweak it in a way, that makes it more or less comfy.

Because i was using xubuntu when mint had no relevance.

They had two things which they used to gain the attention of newfags:
1. That so-called elegance bullshit
2. Proprietary / non-free packages installed by default

Mint was basically just ubuntu with some rice for a long time.

They still don't deserve their spot as major distro on distrowatch. They are taking the spotlight from some other actually decent distro.

Because it's not my OS of choice.

Because I use Lubuntu.

I am using it tho.
Suprisingly comfy, especially considering how much I dislike the various buntus I've tried.

It seems most complaints against a distro are due to the DE than anything else. I wonder what people would actually complain about OSX if it had Windows DE or vice-versa.

Because I'm not gay.

Cinnamon is comfy, but the standard theme looks somewhat outdated.

As if being gay would be bad.

because it was a buggy mess, without quality control

because the mint community/forums is awful, with terrible, outdated advice pretending that stuff works when they don't

because cinnamon is a reskin of gnome shell with the same performance/compatibility problems of gnome 3 while imitating an outdated windows 95 style taskbar environment

because it identifies itself as ubuntu in the efi boot menu

because mint devs managed to break apt by having a supposedly STABLE release that may break by installing updates and therefore having safe and risky updates and pretending this is a good practise

Bloated

The makers are also anti Israel and I'm pro any country that BTFOs mudslimes

>childhood is when you think Windows is right
>the teenage years are when you think GNU+Linux is right
>adulthood is when you realize MacOS was right all along
really makes u think

>Anti jews

Alright I'm installing Mint

Parasite Kikes BTFO

Because I'm already using Manjaro, and it works real well.

why would I use Linux Mint over Xubuntu?

I've used both and found xubuntu just as easy to use for beginners. I don't understand the linux mint memes. XFCE works the same and looks so much nicer

FUCK OFF ANIME POSTERS

Then why not just use Debian or Ubuntu? Only thing about mint that stands out about mint is Cinnamon.

>stupid question
>anime reaction image as the op
Fuck off.

My USB stick came in the mail today.
I'm ready brothers.

cute

I will be using Linux Mint MATE after this next Windows update. Just need to get another computer to start fresh.