I want to replace my gtx 660. which geforce should i get? i have 300dollars

i want to replace my gtx 660. which geforce should i get? i have 300dollars

Other urls found in this thread:

nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx1060/
pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Video-Card-Failure-Rates-by-Generation-563/
reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/4tztue/gtx_1060_vs_rx_480_a_statsbased_analysis_with/
hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/94969-sapphire-radeon-rx-480-nitro-4gb-8gb-oc/?page=10
kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/zardon/sapphire-rx-480-nitro-oc-4gb-8gb-review/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A 1060.

Why is this even a question?

geforce rx 480

>which geforce
So no AMD products?

why would would he do that? Like going from a nice restaurant to fast food

i am a tech noob, sorry.

i am very satifsfied with nvidia, but i am able to get convinved if your arguments are strong enough to change

i cant find one for under 300

>initiating the company war already
I'm done with Sup Forums.

The RX 480 has very good 1440p performance and 8gb ram as opposed to the 1060 which has 6gb. If you want better DX12 and Vulkan performance going into the future then the 480 is better, the 1060 is better in DX11, but will not have as much gains in DX12 due to not having a hardware scheduler. Pic related.

I don't have the benchmarks I saw on me; you are the buyer, this is research you should be doing anyways.

Check here and sign up for notifications: nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx1060/

The Founders edition is in stock for $299 on the Nvidia store.

Or wait for more stock on the AIB cards. The card should cost anywhere from $250 to $300.

The 480 is awful compared to the 1060.

Why anyone would buy an FE 1060 is beyond me.

AMD is shit, you'd have to be a complete moron to buy an AMD card.

Did you read what I said?
The 1060 is better in DX11, literally all the games in the benchmarks where the 1060 was better in (except Ashes) was either DX11 or OpenGL; i.e. not DX12 or Vulkan.

>2016
>Being this ignorant

In this situation it's the only thing in stock so if you're impatient then fuck it.

Normally, I have no idea why.

I guess for those people that actually put brand stickers on their computer case.

Wrong, the 1060 is also better than the 480 in DX12.

Notice how the 1060 even wins in Ashes, Tomb Raider and Time Spy (all DX12).

It's true though, AMD makes low quality garbage.

>those Fermi failure rates

Sure.

thank you all for the good advises and links
i think i will go for the 1060
does it matter if asus or gainward or any other brand?
i only know that point of view is the biggest shit

They're all pretty decent. If you want a top tier brand get EVGA, MSI or Gigabyte

pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Video-Card-Failure-Rates-by-Generation-563/

>Pujet

reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/4tztue/gtx_1060_vs_rx_480_a_statsbased_analysis_with/

&
hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/94969-sapphire-radeon-rx-480-nitro-4gb-8gb-oc/?page=10

16.7.3 increased performance quite a bit for the rx 480

480 is a better buy for furture dx12 games.

buying nvidia is the equivalent of a black man breaking into your house, brutally ravage your anus, hog tie you up, then rape your wife in front of you while hog tied and not even able to fap to it.

followed by stealing your tv after he's done having his way with your wife, walk back up to you, kick you in the nutts while ejaculating all over your face, then leaving with your wife completely oblivious to you because she's to busy salivating over his bbc and wanting more while you lay there hogged tied with cum running down your face.

its like you want to be a cuck by buying nvidia

>i want to replace my gtx 660
just wait for the GTX 1060's non-FE versions to hit the shelves.

There's no reason to upgrade with hurry at the moment. I'm still using my GTX 560ti, and it still gets the job done at 1920x1200.

Oh fuck off with those rubbish benchmarks on outdated drivers.

but i want to play witcher 3. with gtx 660 is medium and it is quite laggy. playable but not fluid.
i found a gainward gtx 1060 for 265. i think thats not bad or do you see it otherwise?

It's funny that you would post that chart, showing how the 1060 is still way faster than the 480.

The 1060 is also by far the best value card you can buy.

its funny how you use a site that didnt used any dx12 or vulkan game
used 2013 games
and had 99% only gameworks games..
good job lol

Lol that's not even true. They used modern games including DX12.

The funny thing is the 1060 is easily faster than the 480 even in DX12. The 1060 is just faster in everything.

kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/zardon/sapphire-rx-480-nitro-oc-4gb-8gb-review/

480 is a good card

dx11 480 vs 1060 trade blows once you start putting aib's cards into the mix. the reference 480 is pretty shitty unless you run its fan up high. it throttles to much at its default settings.

dx12 the 480 holds its own in virtually everything except gimpworks tomb raider.

you have mankind divided coming out this month (dx12 heavily) and then battlefield 1. the battlefield 1 alpha benchmarks in dx11 mode showed the 480 kicking ass. it too will offer a dx12 mode.

TW3 barely benefits at all from above-30 fps, being a non-real time RPG game.

That being said, that deal sounds pretty good. The recommended starting price for 1060s should be 249$

It's great all these DX12 games are coming out, because the 1060 is faster than the 480 in DX12.

16.7.3 really boosted the 480 in the gimpworks romb raider. its dx12 by name. its async usage is absolutely terrible and they didn't even help offload any of the tessellation or hairworks to the compute cores. its the only dx12 title where the 1060 does well in.

>1060 is faster than the 480 in DX12
Based on?

RotR actually lost frames moving to DX12 from 11 on both brands. It's not a genuine DX12 game, it's a shoddy update.

Then what's left? Time Spy? Doesn't support parallelism ie not full DX12 support.

1060 beats the 480 in literally every DX12 game except Hitman.

See

The 480 is just awful slow hardware. The 1060 has async and is extremely well optimized for DX12. It wins in basically every DX12 game.

Just got myself a 980 Ti for £330, cheaper than a 1070, and should be able to hold it's own for some time

here is a witcher 3 comparison for op.

3 fps difference. not much except the 480 being overall faster in dx12.

See and Stop drinking the Koolaid.

thanks. but i dont think i will even notice the differences if it is just a few fps's. i just want that it isnt lagging anymore and maybe textures all high and the effects.

Wow someone actually saved my info about nvidia architecture vs amd's and turned it into a jpg. I'm thrilled.

I've refined it since then. Cleaned it up and made it more to the point. I would paste it if I wasn't at work on mobile.

Maxwell has just been declared legacy by nvidia

Problem is this all sounds superfluous without an i7.

why the fuck the 480 line so wide? it is less stable?