Why is this allowed?

Why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7tpkn00izr0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Crazy that the Fury was on sale for that like a week ago. Probably better to buy an older card if you need something now until prices go down.

There are literally no good options for a higher end card right now.

290(X): Ancient, housefires, 4GB VRAM
390(X): Overpriced, housefires
Nano: Coil whine, loud, throttles, 4GB VRAM
Fury: Mediocre, 4GB VRAM
Fury X: Pump whine, CLC, 4GB VRAM
480: Overpriced, mediocre

Any old Nvidia card: HAHAHAHAHA
1060: Overpriced, mediocre
1070: Overpriced, mediocre
1080: Massively overpriced
Titan P: Fuck you

>tfw Vega will inevitably be a massive disappointment too

Only if you're a dumb poorfag. The 1080 is a great card and stomps anything AMD have ever done into the ground.

1080 is overpriced and you can't even find them in stock. Also it's going to be mediocre once the 1080 Ti hits just like what happened to the 980. I easily have the funds to get a 1080 but it's a stupid buy. Nvidia needs to give me full GP100 or I ain't biting.

It's basic supply & demand, friend. Don't worry, the free market will fix it.

What exactly are you looking for?

A card that outperforms a 980 Ti for $200?

You sound like a fucking moron.

When is Vega coming out? October ?

Just like the market fixed the price of an i7 6700k?

It's been out a year and it's the same price as the day it was released.

First month it was out, you could have actually gotten it less from Microcenter ($320), then as supply ran out, prices got jacked up everywhere for the next 6-7 months. Even now it's merely ~$350; retail price.

>Go to LogicalIncrements
>Sold Out
>Sold Out
>Sold Out

Fuck this, I'm getting a PS4

>buying a 5 year old gpu in a box

You're an absolutely autistic faglord if you think the 1080 is massively overpriced.

>someone is trying to spend their money wisely, looking for reasonable value
>this guy thinks that makes them a moron

logic doesn't seem to be present

>mfw i got a dead 980 ti for 200 on ebay
>mfw i rma'ed it and they sent me a new one

> A current gen mid card
> Being on par with a last gen high end card

Wait.. you don't expect your cards to actually progress and improve?

>390 expensive or housefire

Got mine for 300 bucks, max temp is 83C, Normally runs around 75.

Note: I don't have enough airflow.

They did. 480/1060 are about on par with 390/980.

Good goy!

End of the year/early next year.

Good goy!

It still draws nearly 300W under load. Temperatures aren't a good indicator of anything, as you can build a good enough cooler to dissipate the heat. That doesn't mean the heat doesn't exist though, it just gets pumped into your case and your room instead.

How about a $300 card that outperforms the 980 Ti? You know, like the $300 970 that outperformed the 780 Ti (a card relatively even more powerful in its day, since it had more CUDA cores than a Kepler Titan).

OH GOODNESS 300W under load! whatever will I use to power such a beast!?!

Yeah it outputs heat, it was best price for performance I wanted to pay for. I open some windows and point a secondary fan to circulate air. It's not the 6870 it replaced, I expected heat and power consumption, I wanted performance.

it's more expensive in the long run

On an electric bill maybe. Wasn't paying 500 bucks for a 980. I'll keep my extra 200 bucks.

>have 290
>literally heats my room up to beyond comfort
>would gladly pay $100+ more for same performance, as long as reduced heat
>can't even find a 1060 or rx480 in stock
>will probably get a 1160 (they need new names, 1060 is already shit) or a used 1070/furyx in a year
>tfw half my system is made up of used parts eg 1440p korean monitor for $50, r9 290, cpu cooler

Keep your home heating bill down, pipe the warm exhaust through your house.

You can try and brush it off with sarcasm all you like, but Hawaii/Grenada uses more power than any other GPU in history. A full 50W more than the fabled Fermi housefire extraordinare GTX 480. You literally have a record breaking piece of history inside your case, yet still want to say it's not so bad, when the fact is that it's literally never been any worse.

$300 is hardly a good deal for 390 performance either.

Name me a better card for 300 dollars.

1060 isn't overpriced. it's $250 for the performance of last gen's $550-tier card. agree with the rest tho

>$300 is hardly a good deal for 390 performance either.

this. 970s were going for $250 and less through evga b-stock before the 390 was even released.

Fury.

>hurr
The 980 being an overpriced piece of trash doesn't make the 1060 good value (and the 980 is a good 10% faster overclock vs overclock anyway). It's disingenuous horse shit like people saying the 1070 "BEATS TITAN X FOR ONLY $400 OMFG!!!" when the 980 Ti had already made the Titan X irrelevant more than a year earlier.

GTX 970 :^)

Why is THIS allowed?

$350 Fury is the best you can do rn

yes it's AMD's fault your literal 3rd world country has overpriced tech

>using the smiley with a carat nose

>
>>buying a 5 year old gpu in a box
Better than fucking better than spending 300 on hardware every year.

That only happens if you're a retard. People who bought a 7970 for $479 in 2011 are still playing the latest AAA gaymes on medium-high settings at 1080p/60fps.

Enjoy your 900p/30fps cinematic console experience, user.

And I thought that borat segment filmed in romania was a fucking joke

sure

My R9 290 draws ~151 under load and performs the same. Why are you not undervolting user?

hungarian here
I feel your pain

>1080
>1287 Mhz

What is this post trying to prove? Why do you watch retarded AMD shills like Adored? Especially when AMD was doing the same exact thing with their 7000/200/300 series - except in their case the difference between each refurbish was 5% performance gain unlike Nvidia's 30-40%.

He's just showing that the architecture is pretty similar and that Paxwell is just a die shrink. Sure it performs better and cooler with less power usage but in all other respects it's the same architecture.

>Source: Me, trust me I know things

>390(X): Overpriced, housefires
Got mine for $269.99 and got a $20 rebate coming. I'll see about the housefires when I get it running.

>Sure it performs better and cooler with less power usage but in all other respects it's the same architecture.

So it does everything I expect from a new card. Honestly Nvidia's only sin and fuck up is the ridiculous pricing of their new cards and the only reason they can get away with it is because AMD is shockingly bad since their 200 series. They just made same card 4th time. 7970 into rebranded 290x into rebranded 390x into rebranded 480RX. If anything 390X is still the best card out of them as it actually runs relatively cool and right now can be bought cheaper than 480RX. That's how good AMD is, they release a new card which is weaker and more expensive than their last flagship.

Yeah take it with a pinch of salt. But I tend to edge towards his assumptions being correct for the most part. But then I don't have access to Nvidia's technical documents. So he may be talking out of his ass.

It was not intended to be more expensive. The recommended retail price for the 4GB is still $199 and the 8GB $229. It's not AMD's fault that when they can't make them fast enough (coin miners as well as gamers buying them like crazy) the retailers scalp. Supply and demand my friend.

>Crazy that the Fury was on sale for that like a week ago. Probably better to buy an older card if you need something now until prices go down.
what the hell happened? I havent paid attention to video cards in awhile.

25% VAT bro

Fury was a failure and sold like shit. Pretty sure it was the 4GB HBM1 limit. Even though it pretty much is meaningless for games people don't want to spend more for a 4GB card when the 390x had 8GB.

TMU and FLOPs are similar but ROPs is where the 1080 is at a disadvantage there but the 1080 still fares well. Also FLOP rating is just theoretical, what happens inside to maximize the cores determines the actual performance

>7970 into rebranded 290x into rebranded 390x into rebranded 480RX
>390x into rebranded 480RX
you are retarded

how About the boost clocks?

You're an idiot if you think it isn't. It's a pointless card. Can't run well enough for 4k and isn't worth the extra at all for 1440p.

Most probably another nvidia shill

Well, the MSI version of the 1070 is like $600 on the same website. If you don't go full jew and buy them through a company so you can lose the VAT neither of them are worth buying and worth the upgrade from my 280x.

It's perfect for my meme 3440x1440 resolution :)

Isn't worth the extra there either. Difference is minor.

Actually it's perfect for games like TW3/Division. 1070 wasn't enough, 1080 runs them perfectly at ultra/60-70 fps. I know I'm a niche consumer but it's first single GPU solution for me that "just werks".

>60-70 fps

Except not. Should have either gone with 1070 SLI with superior price/perf or waited for the 1080 Ti

youtube.com/watch?v=7tpkn00izr0

1080 is a dumb overpriced cards that fills no needs except for bragging rights.

Like I said it just werks.

>SLI
No thanks.

>wanting to deal with horrible Sli scaling
>wanting 2 play games that only use 1x 1070

SLi and CFX are GARBAGE

Witcher 3 has many locations. Benches are going to vary with open world games. Video is proof you aren't going to get a solid 60 in outdoor areas with lots of foliage.

Werks for me.

Just saying that if you want the performance for resolutions beyond 1440 then that's your only choice. The 1080 isn't it. It's not a 1440p Ultra wide or 4k card.

Choice-supportive bias does that to people.

Because amd are too incompetent at setting the msrp for aib cards. A fucking 1060 is 10% cheaper than an aib 480 but is like 15% faster. Literally every pajeet working for amds marketing team is brain dead . Don't forget the 3xx series having the exact same performance as the 2xx series but costing like $150 more.

Amd are the biggest fucking jews.

I want you to imagine a price in your head that you wouldn't pay for the 1080. Alright, got it? Now think about it deeply, and count to five before reading the next sentence below.

You're a dumb poorfag. The 1080 is a great card and stomps anything AMD have ever done into the ground.

Neither AMD nor Nvidia set MSRPs for custom cards, you retard. It's entirely down to the manufacturer. It's just that most of the extreme poorfag brands like Zotac, Palit, Inno3D, PNY and KFA2 are all Nvidia-exclusive. Custom 1060s from brands that service both brands like MSI and Gigabyte are gouged to the same level. Not to mention fucking Asus who charge more than anyone.

because my fucking 390 is voltage locked

You can't even SLI The Witcher 3 and this is a Gimpworks title. You would think being so Nvidia biased they would at least fix it for smooth SLI.

What's wrong with it? I played through it with crossfire 290x like a year ago. The temporal AA wouldn't work but at 4k it didn't matter much.

Lets play spot the poor faggot

listen here you little shit I have to pay $300 for the reference rx 480 4gb if I want to buy the rx 480 nitro+ oc 8gb it's 475 the gtx 1080 is 950-1000 for the cheapest version so can you please shut the fuck up, I'm having a hard time being a yuropoor

quit whining faggot

Let's play spot the street-shitting Pajeet.

so in other words, fury x with a cooler replacement is the go.

just stop being a gamer manchild and grow up

>it's 300 euros where I live

JUST

>he didnt buy sapphire
what a retard

>tfw this shit will cost TWO THOUSAND monkeybucks here

>blower card is more expensive

>hurr durr i run my gtx 1080 at 800 MHz less than it can reach so the performance is the same as GTX 980 Ti

>tfw got a 290X 8GB 2 years ago

I'm still set.
Hawaii was best GPU.

Protip: Zotac is the same company as Sapphire...

You see that text next to the price that says "(X offers)"?

Replace "offers" with "scalpers" and you now have a proper translation and explanation of why it shows as more.

Filter to show only goods sold by newegg.com like a good Sup Forumsoy. You won't have to deal with the scalper listings.

>1070
>mediocre

lmao

I got tired of waiting
Bought a Fury X for 350 instead

>in all other respects it's the same architecture
You mean like AMD ever since the HD 7000 series?

Yea it sucks. Hadn't been anything for a good price that didn't sell out in minutes since last year. Considering just forgetting about upgrading for another year.

What the hell do i do ?
R9 390 230€ + warhammer total war
Rx 480 270€
GTX 980 310€

the 390 seems like a steal but in afraid driver updates will make the 480 destroy it

As shown by the Anandtech previews, Polaris and GCN 1.3 are more fundamentally different than Pascal and Maxwell.

Has the GPU market ever been in a worse state?