Wow, such a polished experience

Wow, such a polished experience.

Other urls found in this thread:

support.apple.com/en_US/downloads
git-scm.com/download/mac
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

After retrying it started the upgrade, and the progress indicator is overplayed with the image caption.

And after the installation it couldn't determine my timezone. I'm pretty sure Windows XP did that just fine.

It's abysmal how much better Fedora with Gnome is than this.

>Crapple
>any year

WOMM dude, although the progress indicator thing was annoying as hell.

I have to use it for work. I can really only justify this OS on a "it's better than Windows" basis.

>It's abysmal how much better Fedora with Gnome is than this.
Whoah

I don't have to tell Red Hat what my street address is or even give them my e-mail address to update my entire system. I never had a yum/dnf update crash unless once when I manually edited a repository config wrong. My file manager actually shows paths. The exploded view lets me search stuff, and the search in Gnome is miles ahead of OS X's (if you search wifi it shows you Network, OS X only matches the literal string). Every single problem I ever had with Fedora has been the fault of me touching stuff I didn't really know about.

>I don't have to tell Red Hat what my street address is or even give them my e-mail address to update my entire system
Don't use the app store, then? Use fake info?
>never had a yum/dnf update crash unless once when I manually edited a repository config wrong.
I've never had an OS X update crash, either, but I'm sure someone somewhere has had YUM malfunction just like you had OS X malfunction.
>My file manager actually shows paths.
So does Finder.
>if you search wifi it shows you Network, OS X only matches the literal string
Why would you even do that when the Wi-Fi toggle is already on the menu bar?

then stop bitching and use fedora with gnome.

>Don't use the app store, then? Use fake info?
So your solution is to cripple my usage or give fake information? Wow, bravo, truly a polished experience.
>I've never had an OS X update crash, either, but I'm sure someone somewhere has had YUM malfunction just like you had OS X malfunction.
Sure they have, but I've been using Fedora for ~3 years without an update crash, and I've been using OS X for ~1 hour and had 2.
>So does Finder.
Not even going to bitch that it's not on by default, but how do I make that happen? Pic related, can't see a path nor where to turn it on.
>Why would you even do that
key every time:
"my snowflake OS doesn't do something? Well why would you need that?"
Answering your question, because I type much faster than I use a mouse, like most people. The same happens when searching for Settings instead of Preferences. Or searching for Documents, which would open Nautilus on that directory. It's one of those things you get used to with Linux and it's hard to go back when you use something inferior.

Another stupid behaviour: selecting a file and pressing delete or cmd+delete doesn't, you know, delete it. Who the fuck designed this?

well, OSX is so advanced it probably detects that you're a lincuck, and refuses to work.

I absolutely hate the mac that we have to work with

the OS is shit

explain

>i am too retarded to find something out that normies can
fukkin retarded nigger.

$ pwd
Macintosh\ HD/Users/[house emoji]

support.apple.com/en_US/downloads

>not manually updating all of your systems
>being so pleb you need a package manager

kys

If you're not even using a package manager, you might as well stick to Windows.

It is not. I used to be a support monkey for osx and let me fucking tell you. Built in diagnostics? Shit(worse drags I've ever ran, fucking useless.) network install? Can't be used half the time. (insert LITERALLY any piece of apple software) some of the buggies shit I've ever seen. Wanna download a file from a browser? Well 50% of the time you have to close and reopen the folder you downloaded to in order to tell if it actually downloaded. Moving files?? Forget about it!

>So your solution is to cripple my usage or give fake information? Wow, bravo, truly a polished experience.
I didn't say it was good, I said there were other ways to do things.
>Sure they have, but I've been using Fedora for ~3 years without an update crash, and I've been using OS X for ~1 hour and had 2.
Ok, and?
>Not even going to bitch that it's not on by default, but how do I make that happen?
View > Show Path.
>The same happens when searching for Settings instead of Preferences.
This works, though. I don't know what you mean by the other thing.
>selecting a file and pressing delete or cmd+delete doesn't, you know, delete it.
Yes, it does.

>Well 50% of the time you have to close and reopen the folder you downloaded to in order to tell if it actually downloaded. Moving files?? Forget about it!
What are you talking about?

I noticed something else, but I'm not sure what's to blame. If I move away from the computer for an hour or so and come back, it reports as connected to wifi, but the network is unresponsive. Not sure what ping woud retrieve. I have to turn wifi off and connect again.

>I didn't say it was good, I said there were other ways to do things.
Yes, those aren't solutions, those are hotfixes. It means you found a way around a problem, not that the problem doesn't exist.
>Ok, and?
And so OS X sucks at package managing. I had to input my password twice to install XCode just now. The list of problems piles on.
>This works, though.
No it doesn't. Just tried it.
> I don't know what you mean by the other thing.
F4 -> 'Documents' -> No results.
>Yes, it does.
No, it doesn't. I literally just tried it, it only works with Cmd+backspace, not with delete or cmd+delete. Using an Apple Magic Keyboard btw.

Think different.

OP can't figure out OSX /thread.
Little dumb blonde grills with their mb airs are more capable.

>you're holding it wrong

I think Vista gave me less error windows per unit hour.

(null)

I shooped my name out so none of you could see it. The house icon is just the folder icon just like Macintosh HD and Users has.

>finding the switches glitch
I've reported this to Apple twice now and they still only fixed half of it in Sierra. Also, that's the only error you can find, you're just hating on it just to spread hate.

open finder in treeview
sort by date/name/whatever category
expand a directory in tree view

>finding the switches glitch
the what?

System Preferences is right there in your Dock, you're the epitome of retarded

Again, I type faster than I move my mouse. And I definitely type "wifi" and enter faster than I move my mouse to the icon, click it, wait for it to open, find network and then click that.
If OS X had a better search system you'd be praising as a quintessential part of an OS, but since it sucks you default to:
"if OS X can't do it, then it's probably not necessary".

I type wifi and get no results, what are you on about.

You click on a switch that you want to delete, then you delete it. It will crash.

because you have to type network instead, oh no.

You're using the Launchpad, you should search in Spotlight if you want specific settings.

Network yields nothing either.

Nigga you dumb, that's my entire point.
On Gnome you can search for a word associated with a menu, program, etc. For example, if you search for Preferences it shows Settings. This even works for sub-menus, so if you search for Network or Wifi it opens the Network menu inside of Settings.
OS X doesn't do this, it only matches the string, so Settings won't return Preferences. And no sub-menu searching either, so even if you search for correct entries it shows nothing.

No, retard, not even that. OS X doesn't do sub-menu search either. It's shit. Of course if it was Windows it would be a problem, but because it's OS X it's something only autist neckbeards care about.

Maybe you're retarded?

Sorry, I think you might be retarded.

Why isn't that included in OS X?

Oh, I was using the other thing, not spotlight.

But yeah for sure, opening a list of the computers on the network is exactly what user wanted from the search, which is what that is if you try and open it. Fuck off.

>opening a list of the computers on the network is exactly what user wanted from the search, which is what that is if you try and open it.
No, it's not. You're retarded.

Nevermind, just found out. So to clear up: Apple made 2 search functions, one that sucks and one that works properly, and not only kept the shitty one but they also made it the default one for the desktop shell.

And people take this OS seriously.

The fuck, it does for me. Are you using the default spotlight? Ours look different.

No. Apple made Launchpad, which is stupid. Spotlight has been there for a very long time. Everyone disabled Launchpad, I forgot it even existed.

Why is it even included? It seems worse than spotlight in every way. By 'disabled' do you mean I can replace one with the other?

I don't even actually use Spotlight, I changed nothing. You're opening the Finder network tab, somehow.

>fukn aplel maed 10 searches, all sucks top kek xD

They were trying to create a consistent UX across iOS and Mac OS, but it failed horribly. You can just turn Launchpad off, I think it's in the settings somewhere. To use spotlight just hit CMD + Spacebar and type.

Thanks, this is miles better.

>if I quote like reddit it means I'm right

No problem. There's always a few ways to accomplish something on OS X. Keyboard shortcuts are relied on pretty heavily.

Works on my personal computing device :√)

>mac better than Windows 7
I'd rather use 2000 than Apples piece of shit OS

That's why you always do a clean install, ya dingus!

osx: it just works!

Hah, nice Photoshop, lincuck!

You mean GIMPshop, right?

>this level of denial
Applecuck.

>I don't have to tell Red Hat what my street address is or even give them my e-mail address to update my entire system
You don't need a apple account to get updates and free apps from the app store...

>search in Gnome is miles ahead of OS X'
>imblying

>"Every single problem I ever had with Fedora has been the fault of me touching stuff I didn't really know about"
>After just blaming OSX for a number of issues and completely ignoring it could just be PEBKAC

Sounds just like when gay-murr kiddies from Sup Forums try OSX or Linux and then moan about how everything isn't exactly the same on windows...

>You don't need a apple account to get updates and free apps from the app store...
This if false, you can't upgrade to El Capitan without an Apple account.

>imblying
I'd love to hear your points as to otherwise.

>After just blaming OSX for a number of issues and completely ignoring it could just be PEBKAC
How? It was a brand new Mac Mini, I had taken out of the box 5 minutes before. All I did was create a new user and immediately went to upgrade. How do I even fuck up the App Store? But oh no, my precious little OS couldn't possibly be at fault, it had to be the user, Apple is perfect.

>if you look at it wrong, it breaks
Meanwhile I transitioned from F23 to F24 without a hitch and I can hotswap the freaking kernel.

>OP's too retarded for OS X
How does it feel? Even my grandpa can manage.

>you can't upgrade to El Capitan without an Apple account.
Yes, you can. You download the installer outside of the App Store.

What does ones intelligence have to do with this?

Well by that logic Photoshop and Maya are free if I download them from Piratebay. But ok, at least there's a more crippled way to do things for those who don't want to give personal info just to install git.

That's not the same thing at all.

>Moving files?? Forget about it!
Drag and drop
Cmd+C, Cmd+Opt+V

I honestly don't feel like discussing what you consider a valid analogy or not. It's ridiculous that I have to pick between having to install every update and app manually from alternative sources or giving out personal information.

I don't care about what you have to say, then. Go bitch somewhere else.

>Stop complaining about OS X on a thread made for complaining about OS X
Sorry I pointed out valid flaws on your toy OS.

>lol xDDD it's a toy :^)
0/10

Put fake info.

Hotfix for a problem is not the same as the problem not existing.

>I'll ignore this entire thread showing how shitty OS X is and focus on this one insult and pretend it's not justified

There's practically nothing in the thread but shitty memes and 12 year olds, it's one of the most cancerous threads I've seen on Sup Forums in a while actually. I'm not reading through that bullshit.

>I didn't read it, but I know it's all lies! Even the screenshots!
Whatever helps you sleep, sweetie.

user have you even looked through the thread? It's nothing but shitposting. If you want to point out some specifics I'd be happy to refute them for you, but I'm not risking AIDS by scrolling up.

Well you already pretended not to see it, but let's try again: >I have to pick between having to install every update and app manually from alternative sources or giving out personal information.

Come back when you have complaints about the OS, you're just whining about having an Apple account for an Apple OS, which is quite retarded
>waah I need a steam account to play steam
>waah I need a facebook account to use facebook
>waah I need a microsoft account to use Windows

Actually you don't need a Microsoft account to use Windows. If you did, I'd be complaining as well.
You do need a steam account and a facebook account because those things actually NEED accounts. It's not possible to use a social network without an account, nor buy games. It's possible to use an OS without registering an account. Also facebook doesn't know my address, and steam only know because I bought something there - Apple needed it just to install git. I updated 390 packages today and Red Hat doesn't even know my e-mail address.
>Maybe if I type waah like he was crying I'll be right

And of course there's the fact that OS X gave more errors today in an hour out of the box than Fedora in a month, but let me guess: it works fine for you and I'm a total edge case? Or maybe it's my fault?

>muh privacy
>he actually uses Facebook
top kek
>but let me guess: it works fine for you and I'm a total edge case? Or maybe it's my fault?
It works perfectly for me. So it more than likely is your fault.

>Not a single counter-point
I'm sorry you lost user, better luck next time.

>Hotfix
Stop using this word like you know what it means.

I haven't lost shit, bitch. Enjoy bitching over entirely pointless shit. You've already been told how to circumvent your issue and it wasn't good enough for you. Not my fault you're a fucking moron.

My favorite feature so far was when Skype crashed, and I tried restarting so asked for permission to close skype since it was unresponsive, except for some reason it couldn't kill the process. So I ended up having to do a hard shutdown by pressing the power button. It's a joke, I have no idea why people use it.

>You either tell Apple where you live to install git, or you can stop having updates and revert to the computing paradigm of 1981
>This is ok

>You either tell Apple where you live to install git
What are you talking about? You don't install git from the app store. You NEVER have to use the app store.

Retard, to use git you have to install developer tools and to install that you need - guess - an Apple account. Or I could install it manually, which only sets me back like 30 years in terms of usage.

>need the App Store to install git
brew install git
>need to tell Apple where you live to use the App Store
No, you don't. You just need to provide an address. It could be 123 monkeyfuck lane and it'll still work.
>implying your address isn't already public knowledge

Yes, but that's not really an OS X feature is it? I mean, is Windows better because of cygwin?

>retard, to use git you have to install developer tools
No, you don't.
git-scm.com/download/mac

Why are you so stupid?

Why does it have to be an OS X feature?

lol someone deleted my post?

git-scm.com/download/mac

Here you go retard, no app store needed, you don't need xcode, enjoy.

Fucking die you iCuck your very existence disgusts me
>apple
>elcaptain

>implying there's anything wrong with using the best Intel version of the best operating system
Sure is summer

Because this is a thread about OS X.

Yes, mongoloid, that was the other part: having to download everything by hand like I'm using fucking Windows XP. It's not exactly an alternative is it?
God forbid I install something from the repository without filling out a form!

>Because this is a thread about OS X.
And Homebrew is a package manager made for OS X.

jesus man

are you a soccer mom? you sure are dumb as fuck lmoa

Maybe they'll fix it in OS XI El Comandante.

And it is not part of OS X in the same way Doom is not part of Windows. It's a fix for a flaw in the OS, not part of the OS itself.