What's the practical use of a gaming laptop?

What's the practical use of a gaming laptop?

>If I'm at home I rather use my tower
>If I'm at the TV I rather use a console
>If I'm outside I rather not game

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M-MXuP4Tnww
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lan party?

buying a new one is a bad idea

but if you can pick up a used asus or lenovo with an 850/860m and 4th gen i7 for around 500-600, I'd say its a decent deal

good for gayman at college, being a fat fuck on the couch, or if you have friends

good gaming laptop is also a good editing/cad laptop if you want to be productive

what is m-itx?

>he has a "tower" in 2016
>he has a TV in 2016
>he plays videogames like a child

You need Friends for that

There isn't much reason to own one, not unless you have a job that requires you to travel every other week and live in hotels out of a suitcase, in that case I can see it making sense.

If you travel but somewhat infrequently an itx build makes more sense, it's not like transporting a LCD monitor and a small case is some sort of problem.

This.

It's so rich kids can play games when they are at grandma's house over the holidays
Eww...
>If I'm outside I rather not game
Casual

1) you go to college that is near to your house and every weekend you go back to your parents'. Basically, you need to move it around a lot however you don't travel by car (eurofag here cars are expensive train is cheap)

2) you're literally youtube-famous and have to go to a hotel somewhere and live out of it for 2-5 days, multiple times a year.

>rich kids
>laptop in OP literally costs less than i spend on beer in a month

If you're in hospital.
If you're staying elsewhere for a few days.

A strong enough laptop can replace both a desktop and a console, plus it's still a laptop. Also, don't forget that laptop PCs can be plugged to TV sets and any monitors just like desktop PCs. Also, there are laptops with desktop hardware if you want desktop-tier performance.

But the downside is that gayming laptops cost a lot of money (still less than desktop+console+laptop combined) and tend to discharge quickly. They also tend to have shirter lifespan.
Not everyone wastes their spare cash as mindlessly as you do.

I use mine to play games when I go home from university at Christmas (because my tower remains at university for an entire month), when I go to stay at my girlfriend's house and as a Steam console when I meet up with friends.

Gaming computers are a luxury item, gaming laptops even more so.
Good for you for making so much money.

CAD on the go.

Laptops have their uses. You ain't lived until you've logged into minecraft using the local wifi in your pickup truck while stuck in a traffic jam.

Commuting is for listening to audio books or podcasts.

If you've bought a laptop for gaming I assume it's so you can game on the move

Here's the thing though for the price of a gaming laptop you can buy a

Cheap laptop for portability (you could still play games emulation will still be fine on games up to like dreamcast even on the cheapest laptops)
A decent desktop set up to play new games at home
A 3ds or vita so you can play games on the go

For the price of some gaming laptops you can do this multiple times over

I'd say the only reason to buy a "gaming" laptop is if you need a lot of graphics power while mobile for a job or some shit

They are a meme for people with more money than sense for the most part.

Also they usually get brutally hot and die quicker because people abuse the fuck out of gaming laptops.

>emulation
Just get a PSP or any good phone

Sure you can buy a mobile console, but most good gaems for mobile consoles are ports from stationary consoles, and they cost the same. Not wise.

>tfw call of duty cuck ops serie is still produced
This game is literally cancer meant for edgy 15 year olds. Fuck this game.

>laptop in OP literally costs less than i spend on beer in a month
What's it like being an alcoholic?

the emulation didn't matter at all it was just a bonus but emulation on pc is vastly superior to both

You can get a vita or 2ds/3ds for 100 bux or less new these days and used games are mostly cheap and they're designed to be used while you're mobile

They're a better choice for mobile gaming than an overly expensive laptop when you could get so much more for the same price or less

>trying to convince yourself it was worth spending all that money on a "gaming" laptop

>a desktop
No it can't, neither an actual high-end desktop nor a desktop in general for the same price. A desktop on the high-end is invariably faster and for the same money you can get more performance, especially when you take into account that you may already have some peripherals/components which may not need replacing.

The practical use of a gaming laptop is if you need to fly places regularly. Regularly flying with a monitor and tower isn't viable.

There is no practical use for one. It survives only because of children and retards falling for marketing.

>Implying

University students that's it

Hello Ghost.
youtube.com/watch?v=M-MXuP4Tnww

apart from having a discrete GPU for CUDA/OpenCL classes, can't really see how a student would benefit from it over a normie laptop.

The only excuse for a gaming laptop is if you constantly travel and live out of hotels, outside of that I can't think of any reason to buy one and get good value

Sure you'll find desktops that are better but you can find laptops good enough for general gaming. Why would I care about reaching 160fps on a modern game that isn't even tgat good anyway?