How can you cover your webcam without looking like a paranoid retard?

How can you cover your webcam without looking like a paranoid retard?

install gentoo

Why do it, though?

Mark Zuckerberg does it with tape.

buy a laptop without webcam like I did.

t520 ftw

Is there software that can record using the webcam without turning the light on?

uninstall the webcam drivers

Get a job in computer security so people stop questioning you.

I painted over mine with model aeroplane black enamel paint.

My x220 does not have a webcam and I don't have one for my desktop.
However my phone has two cameras. Do people not worry about those spying on them? Is it because we just call them "cameras" as if they have no "web" access?

Most laptop webcams are so shit that they wouldn't be useful for surveillance anyway.

By the way, I also love the autists who cover their microphones with tape, like that actually does jack shit. You all might as well just kill yourselves if you're so paranoid about being spied on.

Phones already track everywhere you go, if you're worried about the camera you need to reconsider your concerns.

Unplug or cut the cable that rubs around the screen.

yes.

>jizz
everything gets blurred and if you happen to need the cam you can remove it with a cleanix. Coolest thing is if you want to reapply jizz on your device then just jerk off. Literally costs you 0$.

Unless you're a paranoid retard, you won't want to, so I wouldn't bother trying to hide what you are. People can always tell.

Go into your BIOS and disable the device.

A small piece of matte black tape, or whatever color blends in best if the display border isn't black. It's hardly noticable.

I'm really cheering up for whoever hacks my webcam, that docking station must be really interesting to watch.

Use black tape so it doesn't look retarded.
I know more people who do this than not.
What's paranoid about protecting yourself from a realistic threat?

>haha just disable it in software because you totally cant reenable it with software haha
>mfw

if youre actually concerned about it just cover your camera with electrical tape. nothing can see through it and you can trim it to look like a clean, black square that almost sorta belongs.

can't you just unplug it?

>disable it from BIOS
>few weeks later it somehow activated

the fuck

many computers have cameras built into them . if op were concerned about an external webcam or something then yeah, just unplug it, but thats not a practical solution for dealing with a utility you might want to use some times. you cant just wake apart your laptop every time you want to skype (pls) with your parents or whatever.

any form of peripheral should ideally have a hardware switch to control power to it, but thats not gonna happen ever.

inb4 v&

Prepare to be taken.

I physically removed it and the built in microphone. Why do all laptop manufacturers think that everyone needs a microphone and camera?

Is it an Intel machine? You should read up on their management engine then.

Fucking idiots just disable it from the BIOS or device manager

Depends on the computer. Some have the circuit set up so that as long as the camera is getting any power, the light gets it as well.

>mfw my laptop webcam and mic don't even work because dude linux lmao

Just cover it when you're not in public.

i would assume that if theyre going to commit to a manufacturing run then theyre going to at least attempt to make their product as desirable as possible to as many people as possible. unfortunately this means that they add peripherals as standards with no way to physically disable them.

unplug internal one and buy an external one. fixed forever.

Disabling it from BIOS

>user, why do you carry around a camera when you already have one on your computer?
>>oh, i disabled one camera just so i can use another

If you're that much of a sperg just say it broke.

valid point.

>ductaped webcam
>microphone is still working

That is just retarded in every way I can think of. I can somewhat understand when girls do that, but for guys it's just fucking spastic.

^this

all of these idiots thinking your pictures while fapping are more important than the audio of your conversations while at work etc.

>cover your camera with electrical tape. nothing can see through it and you can trim it to look like a clean, black square that almost sorta belongs.

That is exactly what I did. Since my laptop is black, you can't even see it. And they can't see me ;-)

Paint the lens with a Cd pen.

Delete the driver

>ask your wife's son to masturbate in front of the camera
>report nsa to fbi for storing cp on their servers
>nsa will be jailed indefinitely unless they decrypt their servers
>????
>PROFIT!

By not having one

Or removing it completely

i dont mind looking like a paranoid retard

are you often drunk/high enough to not notice non-obtrusive lights in front of your face?

Electric tape
quit this board if you don't own any fagget

Uninstall drivers and disable the device.

>implying anyone is going to compromise your machine just to watch some faggot jerk off
if someone has that access to your computer then you have bigger problems

If Mark Zuckerberg can cover his webcam with a piece of tape, you can do it too. Nothing wrong with doing it.

/thread

just destroy the sensor with a laser